8

The Magic Of Snow [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  ”May I sketch a bit? I haven’t had the time…”

  

”Of course! You can do whatever you want, no need to ask for permission.” Baekhyun gave him a sweet smile hearing that and quickly gathered his stuff to his desk. Chanyeol, however, went to his wardrobe and took out a guitar he had seen yesterday.

 

”Do you play?” He asked as he looked at it.

 

”No, I never had. My dad gave it as a gift when I told him I plan on learning how to play. But I ended up at my desk instead.” Baekhyun sheepishly answered but Chanyeol laughed and sat on his bed.

 

”Then can I play something? If it doesn’t disturb you.” Baekhyun couldn’t wait to hear him play, he wanted to know how good he was. 

 

”It’s okay.” With that Chanyeol fixed the guitar a bit so the tones would sound the way they should and as he made himself comfortable with the unfamiliar instrument in his arms he began to play a song he was composing but was not finished. He hoped he could be done with it this year.

 

Baekhyun who was about to concentrate on his sketch halted with his hands, his eyes widened as he heard the first tones coming from the unused guitar. He would have never thought it would get used but here he was, listening to Chanyeol playing. But the song sounded so calm and soothing that Baekhyun just wanted to listen and do nothing else.

 

Chanyeol looked over at Baekhyun and smiled secretly. He felt happiness fill him inside as he saw how the other enjoyed his song. Now he would have to work harder to complete it so Baekhyun could be the first one to listen to the whole song.

 

In the end, Baekhyun never sketched anything but just listened to Chanyeol play. But unfortunately the other stopped when a loud sound from downstairs was heard. They looked at each other before walking down the stairs. It was their parents.

 

”Hey! How has it been going?” Mrs.Byun asked as she takes off her coat.

 

”We had fun,” Chanyeol answered with a wide smile as they both meet them.

 

”We decided to make some late dinner because your parents wanted to stay over for a while before leaving.” She said as the Park parents greeted their son.

 

”Alright, you can go back to where you were and let us make some food” Mr.Park said and the parents disappeared into the kitchen.

 

Chanyeol said they could watch some TV and so they sat on the big sofa their bodies pressed against one another but that was Chanyeol’s idea not Baekhyun, he wouldn’t have the guts to do such thing. They did not notice how Mrs.Byun had taken a photo of the two, it was a cute sight and she felt so happy seeing Baekhyun being so close to the guy he likes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As everyone began stuffing food inside their mouths there was a lot of conversations going on at the table. Everyone wanted to say something expect for Baekhyun who was silently enjoying the food. It wasn’t when he now started to realize that his parents never came back last night.

 

”Mom, where were you last night? I thought you were just out for some drinks.” Baekhyun asked making the rest quiet.

 

”Well, we had some alone time at a hotel.” She said with confidence as if it was natural to talk about that stuff just like that. Well for Baekhyun it was very embarrassing, he shyly nodded with flushed cheeks. The others just laughed at his reaction but continued to talk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was freshening himself up after dinner, he felt kind of swollen from all the food he put inside him but some cold water on his face and a glass of water he felt better. Smiling to himself in the mirror he walked out just to find Mrs.Park outside with a smile herself. He was a bit surprised to see her outside but he greeted her as he got out. He thought she was going inside but she stopped him and held his hands. Confused but never shown on his face he looked at her, slightly feeling a bit nervous having Chanyeol’s mother holding his hands.

 

”Do you have some time for a talk?” She asked nicely and who is Baekhyun to refuse.

 

”Sure.” He said and the mother didn’t stop holding his hands, it felt nice as if he was made out of porcelain and she didn’t want to break him.

 

”I really like you Baekhyun, you are such a sweet boy.” She complimented making Baekhyun blush.

 

”Thanks, Mrs.Park.”

 

She smiled and caressed his hands. ”Chanyeol has talked a lot about you and said nice things. And just by meeting you for such a short time I can definitely see he never lied. Everything he said is the truth.”

Baekhyun didn’t know how to respond to that, he just gave her a small smile feeling a bit timid under her stare.

 

”I also heard about Sujin how she has treated you.” That name made him look right into her eyes. Why did Sujin’s name come up in this conversation? ”I know her since she was a kid because I am a close friend of her mother but I never let Chanyeol be with her since I saw the way she acted around everyone else. She has always been rude and I do believe she is a narcissist.” Baekhyun doesn’t know why Mrs. Park is telling him this but he figured out Sujin was dangerous and well he never imagine her being a narcissist.

 

”The reason why I’m telling you this is because I know you are a loving person and I don’t want you to be badly treated by her. You don’t deserve it at all.”

 

”Yeah, she has been quite the sneaky girl.” He says and Mrs.Park chuckles a bit but remains serious in a second.

 

”I’m being serious here. You should stay away from her or at least stand up for yourself and tell her off. I know you can do it.” It seemed it was the end of the conversation when Mrs.Park finally entered the bathroom and left Baekhyun alone in the hallway.

 

The boy stood there for a second before leaving with a big smile and a happy heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the dishes were put in the washing machine the parents suggested they could sit by the fireplace in the living room and talk with each other. Baekhyun was sitting closely beside his mother; enjoying the feeling of her closeness while Chanyeol was sitting next to his father and talked with Mr.Byun about the future. The conversations were mostly about work so Baekhyun could just lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter