5

The Magic Of Snow [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 hours of sleep, only that. Baekhyun looks up to his ceiling with half-lidded eyes and he can already feel himself going back to sleep. The reason for this? Well he had been staying up longer than usual thinking about the weekend and how eager he is to meet the Park family. It seems that his parents are sleeping since there is no sounds coming downstairs and they usually makes loud sounds of making breakfast.

 

Sitting up he looks out and sees the big snowflakes falling down in a slow pace and how dark it is. The sight made him more tired and he so badly wanted to sleep more.

 

That was until he remembered that he is going to take the same bus as Chanyeol and so he got up and hurried to put his new fresh clothes that his mother washed for him. Baekhyun did the routine and got down to make breakfast as quiet as possible. He didn’t want to wake his parents up so he tip-toed to the hallway and hurried to put the outwear on and he was out.

 

He knows he’s way early but he feels like breathing the clean air from the winter season — knowing that he will also be suffocated inside that bus. Baekhyun decided to walk calmly while enjoying the the snowflakes hitting his bare face. Oh, how he loves this.

 

It’s a good distance from where he is to the bus stop but he knows he still has a lot of time left. Suddenly something covered his eyes and he felt his adrenaline explode in a second. He didn’t know what to do but he quickly tried to free himself from whoever was holding him in place. He didn’t want to get kidnapped or killed because he was still young and needs experience. Baekhyun was about to scream for help when what he thought was two hands uncovering his eyes; revealing a handsome man wearing a grin that looked good on him. It is Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun couldn’t help but breathe out heavily. There was no way he would have thought it was Chanyeol. Still feeling a bit of the adrenaline he pouted at Chanyeol was only laughing out loudly.

 

”Aww, don’t look at me like that!” He laughed it out and Baekhyun let out a little chuckle.

 

”You scared me.” The smaller pointed out, proceeding to walk to the bus shelter.

 

”Sorry but you should have seen your reaction. It was priceless.” Chanyeol wrapped his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder and moved him closer to his side. Either he was an idiot and way too oblivious to what he is doing or he is actually aware of Baekhyun’s feelings. Because right now, the said boy is about to faint anytime, whatever he has done in his life to deserve this moment he is thankful. ”Aren’t you cozy?” Chanyeol kept on side-hugging Baekhyun; almost taking his breath out from squeezing so much. It was not a question but more of a statement which made Baekhyun blush. As far as he knows he had always looked like a round ball with his big warm jacket. Literally everything was fluffy with him for his mother said that he had to protect his body unless he wants to get a cold.

 

Chanyeol kept his arm there all the way to the bus shelter and even when they sat down. Only removing it when the bus came, they didn’t talk furthermore but it was still comfortable. At least for Baekhyun. Inside the bus there was not many people inside like yesterday afternoon and Chanyeol is thankful for that since the position he was in was not very pleasing.

 

The two of them sat at the very back by the three seats until they stopped at the next stop where lots of people entered. Baekhyun sighed since he knows it will be full again. Luckily they aren’t sitting in the center where he knows another person will have their pushed into Chanyeol’s face. The scene in his head made him let out a light chuckle causing Chanyeol to look at him in wonder. ”Just thought about you and that old lady.” Baekhyun said and looked out. Chanyeol smiled at him. Since the two boys were looking out from the window with the weather still being a bit chilly and the sky dark — they didn’t notice someone walking toward them; someone way happy.

 

”Chanyeol! Good morning!” The two boys looked quickly at the girl running at them. It’s Sujin beaming at the taller who looks a bit surprised seeing her in the same bus. ”Good morning to you too Baekhyun.” She greets him and Baekhyun was taken aback but nevertheless he smiled and greeted her back.

 

Sujin squeezed herself beside Chanyeol since the taller had very broad shoulders and he took lots of space. Baekhyun was a bit astonished that Sujin didn’t speak anything, he expected her to open her big mouth since she is definitely the chatty girl in school and awfully open as a person. But no, she was quiet and as he moved forward to get a glimt of her he saw it, the reason behind her stillness. Sujin was literally leaning her head against Chanyeol’s shoulder with a big smile but her eyes closed.

 

Seeing that Baekhyun felt a pang in his heart, he swallowed a lump in his throat and promptly looked out from the window instead. He hated himself for being so curious, he hated that he felt this way; jealous and sad. What is Chanyeol doing right now then? Is he enjoying the moment right now? Baekhyun was far from the reality and instead thinking of the scene and the negative thoughts that he didn’t notice how Chanyeol was trying to move closer to Baekhyun.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter