Chapter Two

Unbroken [Mark Tuan]

Her members were worried about her. Chaeyoung never wanted to talk about her break up. Her members didn't know what happened and every time one of them would ask, she would just walk away. Minyoung, who knew Chaeyoung for a long time, knew that she was bottling up all her feelings and is trying to get her mind off of it by working.

Chaeyoung had a habit of keeping herself busy if something bad, like a scandal or this, happened. They are still performing their comeback and Chaeyoung would have a mask on in front of the public but with her members, she would go back to her blank expression. All idols know how tiring performing is so usually they would go rest a bit before going back to their schedule but for Chaeyoung, she would be always working on something. She basically lived in the studio.

The company called Chaeyoung into their office to discuss somethings with her. When she entered the office, she bowed to her boss before having a sit in front of his desk.

"Do you know why I called you here today?" JYP asked while arranging the papers in front of him. Chaeyoung shook her head in response. JYP took the time to look at his artist in front of him. The sadness in her eyes was evident, in front of him was a broken artist who's trying to keep herself together.

He let out a breath before continuing, "I want you to have a solo debut." 

Chaeyoung stared at him. She wanted to happily react to the news but she can't express it. "Really? JYP-nim, please don't misunderstand my expression. I'm really ecstatic about it, it's just that I can't express it at the moment." 

He nodded in understanding, "I understand, Chaeyoung." He paused, debating if he should mention this. "The media and your fans are wondering about your relationship status with Yijun-ssi." He told her slowly, watching her expression. "What do you want to do about it?"

Her lips were pressed together , thinking. She didn't blame them, she read all the theories about it. "A part of me wants you to tell them I was broken up through text after I saw him making out with a girl that he told me to meet him at." She paused, looking at his shocked face, "But tell them that we've broken up and we want to deal with it privately."

He nodded his head, proudly. "You're being very mature about this. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, JYP-ssi." She thought for a bit, "With your permission, is it okay if I post some of my handwritten songs on soundcloud?"

"What kind of song are they?"

"Slow songs, songs about heart break and being cheated on." He gave her a sceptical a look. "I had alot of inspiration after that situation and I'm not really a vocal person when it comes to feelings so I wrote it down."

"Yes, you can post it but I'll have to listen to it. I don't want you to turn into the Korean Taylor Swift."

She rolled her eyes at him, "There's like two songs about him."

"I still want to listen to them." He hummed, "There's another thing I have to tell you. " He read through a piece of paper, "Ah, so the netizens know nothing about you since your debut and your profile is blank. We were thinking about a reality show about you."

"A reality show? About what? My past?"

"Yes, your past and your journey to your debut." He took a deep breathe, "You can say no to this idea if you're uncomfortable."

Chaeyoung stare at her lap thinking before looking at JYP, "I agree with the idea but with one condition, the first episode will be with other group members and they'll be talking about their childhood struggle."

"Fair enough. It will filmed on Friday." Today was Monday so they had a lot of time to record her songs. "We'll start recording tomorrow. so I'll meet you at the studio at 8 am."

Chaeyoung stood up and bowed, "See you tomorrow, JYP-ssi." She left the room and began to walk down the hallway back to the dorm. She passed by the instrument room and saw that it was empty. She decided to play piano so she entered the room and sat on the piano bench. Her fingers began to dance around her piano.

'You are, you are, you are my everything'  

She hit the last note when she heard a clap from behind her so she quickly turned around and her eyes met with Mark from Got7. She immediately stood, the piano bench screeching as it was pushed and she bowed, "Annyeonghaseyo, Mark-oppa." She greeted him with a smile.

Aurora was close with all of their seniors since everyone in JYP are so supportive and welcoming. Her members were more closer with different groups and Chaeyoung was particularly close with Got7.

"That was a beautiful song." He complimented her, "Did you write that song?"

"Yeah, I did." She answered, "What are doing here?"

"I forgot my hat in one of the practice rooms so when I got it, I heard you singing and came to check it out." She hummed as he explained what he was doing. He approached her, taking a seat on the bench and mentioning her to sit next to him. "Can you play a song for me?" He asked, as he nods at the piano. She nodded and started playing 'Moonlight by Yiruma' as Mark watches her fingers move across the piano keys.

When she was done, Mark clapped in amazement, "You play very well." He praised with a big smile in which she returned with a thank you. "Chaeyoung.."He called her with a serious tone which made her look at him to see his concern expression, "Can you tell oppa what's going on?"

"Nothing's going on, Oppa. Everything is going well for me." She felt really bad for lying to Mark but he just has to wait till Friday to know the truth.

"I don't believe you." Mark bluntly told her. "I know you're not okay and you'll need to express your feeling eventually before you explode."

She felt touched that Mark can see right through her mask but she was still stubborn to admit that she was not okay. "Like I said, Oppa, I'm perfectly fine." Wanting to get out of this situation, she gave his should a small squeeze, "I'll see you around, Oppa." Chaeyoung smiled at him before leaving the room and making her way to the dorm. Mark shook his head and sighed.