Chapter Five

Unbroken [Mark Tuan]

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT, VOTE AND SUBCRIBE!!!!! [THIS PART IS NOT EDITED]

Chaeyoung found herself outside at a near by park.She turned off her phone because of all the calls and texts she was getting. She was still in shock and her brain was processing the conversation she had with the police officer. She couldn't cry, for some reason. She refused to do so,

'My brother was in an hit-and-run accident and didn't survive.' She thought as she looked up at the sky. 'Oppa, if you can hear me, I hope you met with Appa and Umma. I know you're all happy and I hope you watch over me.'

She just noticed that the sky was dark and cloudy. A rain drop fell, and hit her face and she just sat there on the park bench as it rained harder. She sat there for a couple of minutes and her clothes and hair was drenched. 

Chaeyoung checked her watch and decided to head back to the building to get ready for the broadcast. She took her time to walk back, still stuck in her thoughts. By the time she snapped out of her, she found herself in front of the broadcast room. She heard the hustling going on behind the door and she heard her name a couple of times. She pushed the door open and the room became quiet.

"Unnie!" Jiyeon yelled out worriedly. Chaeyoung looked around and saw that everyone was ready and waiting for her. "Why are you so drenched? Were you standing in the rain?" She asked as she touched her forehead to check if she has a fever.

"Go get change before you get sick." The staff member said, pulling her towards the dressing room. Chaeyoung stiffly changed into the prepared outfit before sitting on the makeup chair to do her hair and makeup. She had her eyes closed when there was a knock on her door. "Come in." She said. When the door opened, she opened her eyes and saw that it was Mark.

"We can always do the broadcast on another day." Mark informed her as he studies her facial expression.

She shook her head, "No, everyone needs to know what's going on." 

"Are you okay?" He asked, "Don't lie to me this time."

She closed her eyes, "I honestly don't know." There was another knock on the door.

A producer pop her head in between the wall and door, "We're starting in 2 minutes. Let's go." Chaeyoung nodded and followed her with Mark behind them. Chaeyoung whispered something in the producer ears and she nodded. 

The way the broadcast was set up was that there's a chair in front of couches. Everyone was seated on the couch. They were all staring at Chaeyoung worriedly but she just gave them a bow. "Before we start, I'd like to apologize for my behavior earlier this morning." She said while bowing again.

"Going live in 10 seconds!" The producer said as Chaeyoung sat in front of everyone. She took a minute to collect herself and act like nothing happened before opening her eyes and giving the camera a big smile.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" She greeted and bowed, cheerfully as her guests applaud in front of her. "Welcome to the first episode of With Chaeyoung where you will know about our past." Then she introduce her guests one by one.

"I want to thank everyone who came out today, it's really brave of you." She looks at the cards in her hands, "The first person to tell their childhood heartache is..."

Every idol had a little story to tell and had feedback from the listeners. "Looks, like it's almost time for the broadcast end so I'll tell my childhood heartache." She announced after a small break.

"This is actually my first time opening up to my fans and everyone." She cleared but before she can continue, Jackson and Yugyeom cut her off.

"Fighting!" "Fighting-noona!"

She giggled before continuing, "So everyone take note and update my profile." She winked at the camera before turning serious, "Let me start in the beginning. I was born on June 7th 1994 in Manhattan, New York in USA. And yes, I'm American. I can also speak fluent French, English, Japanese and Spanish. I moved to Korea 3 years before my debut with Aurora. At the age of 7, I was at school when a police officer came to my class and escorted me out to the principle office. I thought I did something illegal but they told me something way worse." She paused to take a breath.

"The police officer and the principal told me that my parents was killed in a car accident by a truck." Everyone gasped at her confession, "I cried so much at the office that I passed out and woke up at the hospital. My brother was studying here so since I didn't have any family in America, my principle had pity for me so she let me stay in her house till I turn 18. At the day of their funeral, I was the only one who attended. I was with my parents till they were dropped 6ft under." She paused again while blinking away the tears that were formed in her eyes.

"Flash forward a few years, I was recruited by a JYP agent and decided to move here to continue as an trainee. After working so hard to make my parents proud, I debuted as the leader of Aurora. I thought life was finally on my side but I was wrong. My brother moved back to America to deal with some business so I was alone again. As most of you know, before my debut, I started dating a guy and our relationship went on for almost 5 years. Until 2 months ago, I got ready for our weekly date night when I saw him kiss this other girl with a smile then I got a text message saying that it's over." She got another reaction from the idols, they wanted to say something but they knew they couldn't because of the time limit.

"So, everyone, stop wondering if I'm still dating or not." She said while looking at the camera. "The next subject that I'm about to talk about is still fresh and I'm still really emotional about it. There was so many things that happened to me in my life that I don't really cry. This morning, during our meeting with JYP,  I received a call from my brother's american number. It was a call telling me that my brother was involved in a hit-and-run collision and was pronounced dead when arrived at the hospital."

"My whole family is dead but that doesn't mean that I will give up but I will work harder for them. I've prepared a song dedicated to them and it's a great way to end a broadcast." Chaeyoung stood up as some of the idols wiped their eyes because of her sad stories. Their hearts aches for her, she was so young and she experienced so many trials.

Chaeyoung queued the producer;

'If I die young bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song' 
 

She felt tears welding up in her eyes and she had no way to stop it. Mark sat on the edge of his seat, ready to run to comfort her when he saw her try her best not to cry. The rest of the Aurora member's were already crying while singing along with her. 

The music suddenly stopped playing as Chaeyoung hyperventilated. She couldn't breathe as all the emotions she has been holding in finally let out. She let out a painful cry before dropping on the ground sobbing all her sorrows out. Everyone was crying in the room and all the idols came and joined her on the ground, forming a circle of comfort. For a few minutes or so, they stayed like that, feeling united. 

Chaeyoung felt very touched by her friends action which made her cry even more. She felt her chin raise up and saw that it was Mark who was wiping her tears.

"Thank you, Appa, Umma and Oppa for leaving me with amazing friends who will take care of me. Please keep looking after me from above."