Chapter Seven

Unbroken [Mark Tuan]

A/N: Hey guys! I'm aliveee. I don't think I've been gone for so long but it feels like it.

Anyways, enjoy this chapter!

Chaeyoung fact: Her debut song is Nobody Love by Tori Kelly.

~~~Not edited~~~

It's been a week since her little outing with Mark. They found themselves spending more time with each other during their free time which was almost every night after their schedule.  Her music video was being released this afternoon and she was beyond nervous.

She was in the practice room with her vocal coach. Her solo was an upbeat song and her music video didn't have any dance choreography in it. They were discussing about her debut solo stage tomorrow and it was being filmed.

"You have excellent voice control so you can do anything you want, even dance with your backup dancers." Her vocal coach suggested, "Then, for your next performances, you can alternate with singing acoustically or with the band."

"Will I be live singing or lip syncing?" Chaeyoung asked while fidgeting with the microphone that she was holding.

"Like I said, you have excellent voice control so I figured that you would sing only live." 

Chaeyoung nodded as she positioned herself with her backup dancers behind her. The music began to play and they began to practice.

At the end of the song, Chaeyoung sat on the ground while looking up at her vocal trainer. "Isn't it weird that Got7 and I have a stage? I mean, usually it's one artist or a group."

"You and Got7 have been popular these days. Especially your interactions with them and the company thought that with you guys having a stage together will boost the company's popularity."

Chaeyoung hummed in approval as she went to retrieve the camera and turning it off. "Alright, Chaeyoung. You better rest up for your stage tomorrow. It has to be flawless." Everyone said their goodbyes, grab their stuff and left the room, leaving Chaeyoung alone with her thoughts. She then grabbed the camera and recorded her talk about her nervousness for tomorrow.

"I'll talk to you guys tomorrow! Hwaiting!" With that, she stopped the recording. She grabbed her bag and left the room. She pull out her phone from her bag and saw that she had a text from Mark.

From: Mark Tuan
Dinner?

To: Mark Tuan
Sure, but we're suppose to be resting for our performances tomorrow.

From: Mark Tuan
It's just dinner. It won't effect our performances.

To: Mark Tuan.
Fine. I'll meet you in the lobby in 30 minutes. I just finished practice.

Chaeyoung put her phone away and headed to her dorm to take a short shower and changed into a warm outfit. She didn't have enough time to dry her hair so she just put on her mask and headed downstairs where Mark was waiting for her.

"Annyeong, oppa!" She greeted him while running through her wet hair.

"Annyeong." He looked at her hair, "Why didn't you dry your hair before coming down?"

She looked at him with a sheepishly, "I didn't want to make you wait."

"You'll get sick!" Mark chastised her. "And you have your debut stage tomorrow." He took his beanie off and put it on her head then zipping her jacket up.

Chaeyoung flustered at his actions. It made her heart flutter and she couldn't help but be shy around him. "How about you?"

"I'll just put the hood of my sweater." He said while putting it on. They headed towards the door, Mark holding it so Chaeyoung will leave first. 'What a gentleman.' Chaeyoung thought.

"Where are we eating?" Chaeyoung asked.

"I was think of buying food then going to a park to eat. Unless you want to eat indoors."

She hummed in approval, "We should go buy something hot so we won't get cold as we eat." 

They ordered some japchae and hot chocolate. They went to sit on a bench which was light up from the street light. They talked as they ate and drank. There was a few laughs here and there. After their meal, they just sat there and watched the starry sky.

"Look!" Chaeyoung exclaimed while pointing at the sky, "A shooting star! Make a wish, oppa!" She held her hands together and closed her eyes with a smile on her face.

'I wish for a mended heart.' 

She opened her eyes to look at Mark who was already staring at her. "Oppa? Do I have something on my face?" She asked while taking out her phone and checking herself.

Mark pushed down her phone which made her look at him again, "There's nothing on your face."

"Then why are you looking at me like that?"

He shook his head, "It's nothing. It's nice to see your smile reaching your eyes." He reached out and tucked her hair behind her ear. Chaeyoung, again blushed at his action. Why is he acting like that? Why is he making her feel this way? There was so many questions to ask.

'Does he like me?' She thought while turning back to the sky, 'Do I like him?' She shook her head, 'What am I thinking? I'm loosing it.'

"Chaeyoung?" Mark called her for the third time while waving a hand in front of her face. Chaeyoung snapped out of her thoughts to look at him. "Are you okay?"

She nodded, "Yes, I was just thinking."

"It seems like you're thinking hard. Penny for your thoughts?"

"It's not important." She dismissed while giving him a smile. "It's getting a bit cold now. We should head back."

Mark nodded in agreement and they began to walk back.

'I'm definitely going crazy.'

 Two weeks later

After her first solo performance, Chaeyoung had already 3 wins in which was grateful for her fans support. She had an outdoor performance today with other groups and artist. When she work up, she had a worst feeling ever. The last time she had this feeling, she received the worst news ever. Taking a deep breathe, she went on her day.

She got to the venue and went to her tent where she would get her makeup, hair and outfit done. On her way there, there was a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see a man who was a few years older than her with a mask on.

He looked sketchy so she gave a small bow as respect, "How can I help you?"

He showed a piece of paper, "You dropped this."

Suspicious at the paper, she was sure that she didn't have any paper in her pocket when she left, "I didn't drop anything." She told him.

"I saw it fall from your pocket." He insisted as he took a step forward and she took a step back.

"Maybe, it was a mistake. Someone probably dropped it." Chaeyoung told him before looking back, "I'll go first."

She turned away from him and walked away. 'Weird.' She went in the tent where she would be styled in. When done, this was her outfit (minus the purse):

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f547135564a764130494e672d62413d3d2d3336313239363532342e313439623437666266646436393566383430383838313835333733362e6a7067

Chaeyoung was then lead to where the other artists and groups sat. Mark and Chaeyoung made eye contact and gave each other a wave and a smile before she can go over there to talk to him, the program started.

Few performances later, it was Chaeyoung's turn and the feeling from this morning came back. Again, she ignored that feeling and went to the backstage to wait. After setting the headpiece on, she got on stage after her introduction with her guitar in hand.

She stood in front of the microphone as the music started and she began to play the guitar.

'Ain’t nobody love, ain’t nobody love like you do'

Chaeyoung was enjoying herself, interacting with the crowd while singing her heart out when suddenly an hand grasped her wrist and tugged her away from the crowd. She looked at the owner of the hand and saw a man who looked familiar. She screamed in pain as his grasp was tightening. She was terrified because no one was helping her and she began to feel tears forming in her eyes. Chaeyoung tried to pull away but his grip was to tight. They reached to the stairs and he tugged her harder which made her trip and fall down the stairs. She bumped her head on the side of the stairs and felt liquid down her face. Suddenly, the grasp on her wrist disappeared and staffs surrounded her. She heard commotion in the back but she couldn't focus on anything because of the shock. 

The ambulance came and Chaeyoung sat in the back while the paramedics were cleaning her scratches. The police tried to talk to her but she refused to say anything. She just stared in the distance still in shock.

"Chaeyoung!" Her eyes snapped to the caller. Her eyes met Mark's and she felt tears coming back as she ran towards him, ignoring the paramedic's protest. She ran into his arms, ignoring everyone's stares and knowing that the scandals will soon appear. Mark held her tightly around his arms and he felt her shoulders shake.

"Shh." He comforted her. "You're safe now." He rested his chin on the top of her head as he brushed her hair in comfort.

And she did feel safe. In his arms.

SUBSCRIBE. VOTE. COMMENT.