oo8

Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu was quietly teetering around the Kim Clan quarters as per usual; he didn't really have much to do at the moment because no one was due to see him for punishment or execution. Unlike usual, however, he didn't decide to reside in his room to read an ancient script, or sit by the lake and opted to walk out and about to bask in the sunlight in the Garden. No one really went there anyway; most of the occupants of the clan quarters liked hanging around the Meeting Room, trying their best to gain the favour of his father because to gain favour with him would ensure that they would acquire riches and more jurisdiction over clan affairs. Sunggyu didn't care for power or money.

He didn't really like interacting with his half-siblings or any of his relatives or any of the other vampires for that matter, either, especially since they had a tendency to think it was okay to insult him while he was standing there, almost as if he weren't there to begin with. However, that particular afternoon was strange because the clan quarters was deathly quiet. While he usually hung in areas where no one really was around, it was strange that he didn't hear the normal bustling of the inner quarters from the garden that sat on one of the outer edges of the clan property.

All he could hear was the slight rustling of leaves as the wind peacefully blew by, creating a soft yet comforting lullaby. He walked towards the same apple tree he'd taken a liking to from the second he set eyes on it (and he still had no idea why he was so attached to it) and leaned against it, grazing his fingers lightly against the sturdy wood. He closed his eyes, calmly breathing in and out.

"Sunggyu."

Almost like the wind itself in being able to sneak on him without his knowledge, his half-sibling was there. Saemi.

Sunggyu opened his eyes lazily, "What do you want?"

Sunggyu didn't like interacting with his half-siblings, yes, but he was okay with Saemi. She was a sweet child--well she was now grown, but he still thought of her as a child--years younger than himself. As a kid she often followed him around because she was attached to him after he helped her down the very same apple tree he stood under when she was stuck and about to fall from it. However, after spending years in the clan’s restricting boundaries and guidelines, she realized that he wasn't the same as them because he was not a pure-blood vampire and whatever sort of relationship they had as siblings deteriorated as a result.

Sunggyu was expecting it to happen; he knew they would eventually drift, but it didn't mean it stung any less. He wished that he had been proven wrong. Maybe he would be less cynical and bitter today. But that was the past now and like he liked to think, the past should stay in the past.

She was eyeing him curiously, her doe eyes deep and full with knowledge, suggesting that she'd seen much more than someone her age should have. Perhaps it was true, since the world had seen much more violence, anger, and mass destruction in the past few centuries than he'd ever remembered.

"Father has called a meeting in the Meeting Room."

Sunggyu scoffed. He folded his arms across his chest, "What's the point in me going if I have no say in anything... since I'm not the same as the rest of you."

He also wondered where Myungsoo was, because it was usually Myungsoo who told him things such as so. He brushed away the thought, finding it insignificant. Perhaps he was off doing something else.

Saemi didn't bother rebutting what he said but she calmly looked at him in the eye, "But it's important. Everyone needs to come." Most of the time, 'everyone' did not really entail him and Sunggyu was indifferent to the fact that it usually didn't include him. Experiencing it for many centuries made him impenetrable in that sense.

Sunggyu didn't budge.

"It regards the war that Everlasting is going to be drawn into." That definitely caught his interest. Sunggyu faintly wondered if she knew something but thought better of it; she had better things to look into the future for.

He pushed off of the tree, heading in the direction of the Meeting Room, where all of these important meetings for the clan took place. She watched his receding back intently, almost as if she were trying to determine something. Sunggyu did not notice however.

Then it all clicked, a knowing look dawning on her face. She quickly followed after him, her pace a bit brisk for someone of her nature, but she felt an urgency to chase after him, even though she was sure she'd never be able to get him back.

Sunggyu rounded the corner before her, Saemi following closely on his heels. He heard her, but he made no indication to slow down or turn to wait for her. He wanted to get the meeting over with as soon as possible.

Sunggyu hated going to meetings in the Meeting Room not only because his opinion didn't matter and he was pretty much the walls in the Meeting Room with no presence nor was he heard, but also because it brought out the feral and overbearing characteristics of all of the vampire relatives he had. There were always sides to pick and the beings were always discontent with each other. He found the meetings frustrating, especially when everyone behaved like they had only existed for one week and only knew how to be bar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter