o13

Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun didn't like admitting it, but there came a time in his life where he decided that perhaps being at home gave more stress than needed. He didn't find home the place where he could be to relax--instead, it was perhaps more tiring to be at home than to be at school, weird as it sounded.

Sunggyu was rather unsure of what was going on within Woohyun’s home, because Woohyun did not mention much. But Sunggyu had a good idea it had something to do with Woohyun's parents--he was rather aware that the relationship between the two adults had deteriorated significantly in the past month alone. Sunggyu did not want to intrude on personal matters that he was sure Woohyun didn't really want anyone to into, but Sunggyu was sure that Woohyun would eventually open up about it.

The situation, however, made Sunggyu amused to say that his room was often invaded by a certain pest by the name Woohyun, that liked coming over after school and liked sleeping over on Friday nights. Not that he particularly minded; he just liked calling the other teen a pest to and make him break out into his pouting face. Which, for the record, he found hilarious and probably cute, if he were more honest to himself.

On a Friday afternoon, however, Sunggyu had put his foot down, in playing along with Woohyun and his shenanigans. The other teen was coming over so often that his mother was concerned and asked about what was going on with Woohyun. Sunggyu did not have any answers and it didn't help that Woohyun got the two of them into trouble too last weekend, when Woohyun somehow failed to communicate with his mother about the fact that he was planning to stay over at his place for the entire weekend.

"Are you staying over tonight?" Sunggyu asked as Woohyun walked side-by-side with him in the direction of his house. Woohyun lived in the complete opposite direction. The other teen jumped onto the little flower bed ledge, balancing himself on it as he continued to walk side-by-side with Sunggyu who stayed on the sidewalk.

"Yep," Woohyun confirmed, frowning a little as he continued to concentrate on balancing himself on the ledge. He jumped off it when they had to make a left on the road and the flowerbed ledge didn't continue in the direction they were headed.

"Are you staying for the entire weekend?" Sunggyu pressed on, deciding he had to press for answers. Woohyun mutely nodded his head, his head in the clouds and lost in thought.

"Did you tell your mother?"

Woohyun stopped in his tracks, the somewhat innocent look on his face disappearing.

Sunggyu looked over at the other in interest, noting that the other teen bit his lips, looking annoyed. Sunggyu stopped to watch the other teen seem to have an internal debate before seeming to decide on something. Furrowing his brows, Woohyun fished out his phone and put in his password, quickly sending a text to who, Sunggyu presumed, was his mother.

"Just did."

After that faint lull in their journey and conversation, the two continued to head home, this time a lost and troubled look appearing on Woohyun's face. Sunggyu, who noticed was worried for him.

They arrived at the front of Sunggyu's house in silence. Before Woohyun could even enter the house after Sunggyu unlocked the front door, Sunggyu immediately slipped through the crack in between the door frame and the door, scooted in, and locked his friend outside. It happened in the span of a second.

Sunggyu's actions were immediately met with retaliation and frustration.

Woohyun pounded on the door, "Let me in!" he whined. His voice was slightly muffled through the door but Sunggyu heard him all the same.

Sunggyu looked out the peephole of the door. What greeted him was a slightly enlarged image of the other teen standing on the other side of the door, sulking and looking flabbergasted.

"Only if you promise to tell me what's going on."

Sunggyu usually did not pry but this was going on for far too long and it had put a strain on how normal he could act around the other teen.

"What do you mean by that?" Woohyun asked, trying to play dumb. Sunggyu watched him from the other side of the front door as he crossed his arms over his chest. Sunggyu opted not to reply, narrowing his eyes at the other teen, even though he knew that he couldn't see him.

Woohyun sighed. "Can I just... tell you when I can?"

Any other time, Sunggyu would have been okay with just leaving him alone. But really, it has gone on for far too long.

There was silence, "I just really don't want to talk about it." Woohyun bit his lips again, a troubled look appearing on his face once again.

Sunggyu just stared out, still watching the younger teen, and Woohyun deflated, looking much too like an abandoned puppy on the side of the road. "I guess I'll go home for today."

Sunggyu did not reply, debating whether he should open the door for the other teen. After a few seconds of silence, Woohyun gave the door one last forlorn look and turned himself away from the door, ready to head home. Sunggyu, while he wanted to know what was exactly going on, he couldn't deny his friend the comfort of his own home, whatever comfort it may offer.

Sighing, Sunggyu unlocked the door, opening it slightly. The reaction was almost immediate--the other man immediately turned back towards the house and shoved the now-annoyed Sunggyu who, in the millisecond it happened, didn't realize what was going on. He was shoved out of the way, and Woohyun effectively barreled himself into the house. Woohyun smiled triumphantly as his friend who somehow ended up backed up against the wall by the front door. Woohyun, on the other hand, was standing in the front hall on his house. "Thanks for opening the door~!"

Sunggyu could only stare at the boy with a blank look. His eyes shifted from where he was previously standing to the spot where he was standing now, after being unceremoniously shoved aside by Woohyun in his goal to enter the house. He looked to his friend, giving him a playful glare, pushing away the fact that he was slightly annoyed that he was so easily tricked by the mischievous teen. "How dare you?"

Woohyun just shrugged his shoulders, beaming. "You know you love me."

To that, Sunggyu could only roll his eyes, not denying or confirming.

He shut the door behind the two of them, deciding to let go of the issue for now.

It was later that night, after doing a little bit of homework (though Sunggyu, if he were more honest, would say that they really didn't get anything done since Woohyun just liked to yammer away whenever he could), and a quick action, science-fiction movie involving an alien invasion, the two teens were settled in his room. Woohyun was sleeping on the floor in the spare sleeping bag Sunggyu had from a camping tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter