oo3

Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu didn't think it took a genius to know that he would definitely be bored out of his mind living there. No matter how long the stay would be in the little town, Sunggyu was already dreading it, despite only arriving a couple of days ago. 

His first hint that he'd probably dread living there was when he realised that no one outside of the community at the town really knew of the existence of the town. His second hint was when he had to zoom in more than he thought was possible on Google Maps to find the town prior to moving there. His third hint? Well, his mom did mention that if he really couldn't stand the town, she'd be willing to move out of the town with him and find another job... but he didn't want to do that to his mother. The pay for her current job was good, which was why she was willing to live in the middle of nowhere while the company was branching out. His mother was a social butterfly and living in a small town wasn't really her kind of thing.

He sighed as he unpacked his clothing from his worn-out suitcase into the drawer. He made sure to arrange everything the way he liked it: the t-shirts all in one drawer, the long-sleeved shirts in the one beneath, and all of his bottoms in the last and bottom drawer.

He had wandered around town yesterday and had explored every inch of the town within a measly hour while walking at a brisk pace. He wasn't normally a people-person, but he found the town too deserted for his liking: as in, everyone knew everyone. He ran into a couple of the local people while walking around and noticed that they stared, as if he were an anomaly. Perhaps he was, with his skin-tight, ripped jeans as well as baggy, dark graphic t-shirt that definitely screamed city kid. Every other teenager he'd sighted (read as: the only three he saw), as well as everyone else in the town, was dressed neatly, with a bright t-shirt on top paired with light-coloured bottoms.

Sunggyu grimaced at the thought of the bright and light colours that everyone was dressed in. Too happy. Definitely not his style.

The small town was just off the outskirts of Seoul and while Sunggyu didn't really like how the community was small, he supposed it would be okay. He didn't have to make friends. The classmates of his were definitely going to be taken aback by his horrible attitude and then leave him alone. High school was but only two more years. He could go through it by himself.

He had friends at the high school he attended before, but he wasn't really close to any of them. He always held everyone at an arm's distance. He hadn't been in contact with anyone from his previous school since the summer break began. And he was perfectly fine with that.

Sunggyu nudged the now-empty luggage bag with his feet towards his open bedroom door and left it right by the doorway, as a reminder for him to bring it downstairs when he left the room later. He surveyed his handiwork of settling in over the past few days and he was satisfied by what he saw.

His room was plain and simple; the bedroom walls were a plain white, with not a single decoration hanging on the walls. The bed sheets and blanket were a dark, midnight blue that could be mistaken as black and the pillowcase was a soft white. The side-table lamp was an opaque grey, made of glass and had an intricate glass pattern that illuminated the room and gave the walls a design whenever it was on during the night before Sunggyu went to sleep.

The spotless desk in the corner of his room, save for his laptop that sat on top and the desk lamp, matched the rest of the room. It was simple and plain. Just how Sunggyu liked it.

"If you're done admiring your room, I have a task for you."

Sunggyu jumped slightly, surprised by the voice, but he definitely recognised it. He didn't hear his mother return home. She had left earlier, saying that she was going to check out the shop that she would be working in for the next little while as a manager. 

He turned to his bedroom doorway to see his mother there, watching him with careful eyes. Her eyes showed that she was happy but also concerned. He knew why she was happy; this was the first time that they were living in a house. But she was concerned about him too; she knew that a teenager probably wouldn't really like the place.

"What did you need me to do, Mom?" he asked, walking over to his bed and plopping down to sit on the edge of it. The mattress creaked slightly under his weight. She was still watching him carefully.

"How do you like everything so far?" she asked carefully.

Sunggyu shrugged his shoulder, deciding to be as honest as he could be, "I think it's okay." He thought it was very boring. But then again, who wouldn't find this place super boring?

"That's great," she said, a small smile breaking onto her face. It was then that Sunggyu realised that his mother was ageing. Her beauty was timeless but there were wrinkles that were beginning to appear when she smiled and her hair was beginning to grey. Raising him by herself, he was sure that there were many challenges that he didn't know of. And for that, he was glad for her presence in his life. She could've left him at an orphanage when it got too difficult to support the two of them. But she didn't.

"What was the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter