Protection

Spread your wings

I huddled up into a ball, and my breath was getting stuffier by the minute. The moonlight shone through the crack of the door onto my body. I shivered. Footsteps were nearing the cramped place I was sitting in and faced the door. 'Come out little kitty, I know your in there.'  My breath hitched. I huddled up even more and hid my face from the world surrounding me. Suddenly the doors were banged open and two large hands grabbed me by my shoulders. 

'You thought you could hide, didn't ya?' The man said. He pulled my face up and started my cheeks. 'Well that's where you're wrong, kitty. I will always find you, I will hurt you, because an evil creature like you shouldn't be living in this world.' He said to me while smiling. 'You know what you are, don't you?' I looked down to the floor. 'ANSWER ME!' The man screamed in my face while roughly grabbing my cheeks and pushing me back onto the walls of the closet. 

I just nodded. 'Yes, I know what I am, I am the creature of evil, I should be purificated everyday, for the sake of god.' I said while a shiver went down my spine. The back of my head started hurting more by the second, and my vision started getting blurrier.

'I don't get why you keep hiding everyday, kitty.This purification should be a normal daily thing for you.' The man said while kneeling in front of me. 'Yes, I am sorry sir.' I said clenching my fists. The man scoffed at me and banged my head to the wall again. 'Sorry?' His voice trembled in anger. 'creatures like you don't feel sorry.' He kicked the closet door before looking at me one last time. He grabbed me by my arms and pulled me up. 'Oh, you would be so happy to know what I have in store for you today, kitty.'


I gasped for breath and I took my hand away from the woman that was holding it. 'Are you alright dear?' she asked me. I nodded slightly still being dizzy from the sudden memory from 3 years ago. My hands rubbed my face, feeling I had been sweating all over. 

'How long have I been sleeping?' I asked the old lady. 'You haven't been sleeping, darling.' the woman said grabbing a cloth and a glass of water for me. 'You've been in trance for 5 minutes.' I took the glass of water and gulped it down. 'What do you mean?' I asked her. The woman suddenly opened the empty notebook she gave, only this time, it wasn't empty. The notebook's first page was filled with black markings, a weird script it seems. 'What is this?' I asked her. 'Your first spell, Go on, read it.' I looked down on the book and looked at the woman again. 'What do you mean read it, I can't read that.' I said to her. 'Oh yes you can, grab the book and read it, and say the first thing that comes to your mind.' 

My hands went to the notebook and grabbed it. I looked at the pages and let out a big sigh. 'Spell of protection facile level.' I read out loud. 'What does this mean?' I asked her. The woman smiled and and sat back in her chair. 'It means your first spell is a protection spell. You see, a spell can't just be made. Every witch, warlock, magical creature needs to earn their spells. It can be earned through memories, or certain events.' The woman explains. 'Your spell, is a easy and weak protection spell. But the stronger you get, the stronger the spell will be.' I nodded and looked at the writings again. 'So if I'm in danger I can use this spell?' I asked her. 'Yes, the power of the spell can also be determined by your emotions, the stronger your emotions, the stronger your spell will be.' 

I let out a hum of acknowledgement that I understood what she was saying. My mouth opened again, wanting to ask het something when my phone interrupted me. I gave her an apologetic smile, saying I had to take this call. 

'Hello?' I answered the phone. Sarah, where the heck are you? It's been a goddamn hour and I already finished three coffee's. If I drink another one I will be hopping like a bunny.' Jungkook said to me. 'O-oh I'm sorry, where are you? I'll come over right now.'  Don't worry about it, Ill come over to you, where are you?' I told Jungkook where I was and quickly ended the phone call. '

'I am so sorry, I have to go right now.' I said giving the woman a small smile. 'Darling it's okay, why don't we meet tomorrow, same time.' The woman rubbing my shoulders a small rub. 'That will be alright.' I said giving her a sheepishly smile. After saying our goodbyes I went outside to meet with Jungkook.


'So can you tell what you were doing in that shady shop?' Jungkook asked me. Me and Jungkook were sitting at the dining table by ourselves. Me being apologetic tried to cook food for him, in vain dinner failed horribly, but Jungkook being the nice dude he is, he still ate it. 

'I can't tell you that, it's confidential.' I said stuffing my face with chicken curry with rice. Jungkook sighed and put his chopsticks down, giving me a dissapproving look. 'Are you serious right now?' He asked. I swallowed my food and pointed my fork at him. 'Look, just because you house me, doesn't mean I should tell you everything. You're not my boyfriend or father.' I snapped at him. Jungkook put both of his arms in the air and looked shocked at me. 'Okay, okay, I'm sorry, I was just worried.' He said to me. 'Don't be.'

'Why not? I don't know why, but I actually started to care for you. You might have been living here for only about two weeks but in such a short time you started meaning a lot to me, I don't want you to get hurt.' Jungkook said grabbing both of my hands, me with his thumbs. 

I looked Jungkook in the eyes and let out a small sigh. 'Look, Jungkook. I really appreciate what you say and feel, but, I never really had someone looking after me, caring for me, being worried about me. For you two weeks might have done a lot, but two weeks is a really short time for me, I am sorry but I can't help but distance myself from you.' I said while taking my hands back.

Jungkook put both hands over his face and looked down. His shoulders started shaking and small sounds started erupting from his body. 'A-are you crying?! oh my god I am so sorry!' I quickly said. Suddenly his head flew back and a big smile was plastered over his face. He was laughing. 

'What are you talking about? I am not confessing or something!' He said with a shaking voice from laughing. My whole face turned beet red and I slammed my utensils down. I quickly stood up and left to the bathroom, Leaving a laughing Jungkook behind me. 


I was laying down on the couch, playing with my pendant. It was in the middle of the night, and Jungkook was already sleeping. But I couldn't sleep. I was rerunning the things that had happened so far. Who is exactly the old lady, who is the dangerous guy I have met? Jungkook? He doesn't seem that dangerous to me, to be honest.'What is this spell book, I am for certain not a witch, and who is Jungkook exactly. Has my family been closer to finding me already, if so, should I move towns? 

The thoughts kept running through my minds, which eventually made me fall asleep.