Amazing

Spread your wings

I skipped down the hallway as quickly as possible. The hallway was dark and the only thing that lighted up the hallways where the candles hanging on the walls. 

‘What is this? A haunted house? Couldn’t they just use normal lamps, with Electricity?’ I thought to myself as I felt a shiver run down my spine. 

I walked past the door to the kitchen and heard some voices talking, arguing even better said. 
I hid behind the gap of the door and started eavesdropping.

‘Jungkook, we can’t just help everyone we see! We don’t even know her!’  Gloria half yelled half whispered. 

‘But she is just not anyone! I have a very peculiar feeling about her. Like the moment I saw her, I had to take her in.’ Jungkook sighed. 

‘Well, the next moment you see a girl like that, you are going to take her in too?!’ Gloria got even more annoyed. 

‘Gloria, just shush for a moment, please?’ Namjoon interrupted. ‘Remember when you were in trouble? Non of us knew you back then, except for Jungkook, and all of us helped you back then.’ He continued.

 ‘Yeah but, this is different, I can smell it.’ Gloria gritted her teeth. 

‘Why is it so different?’ Jungkook glared at her. 

‘I  was sought because I am a pure blood. I was innocent by default. We don’t even know what she has up her sleeve!’ She exclaimed.

I let out a small sigh and stepped away from the door. 

Pure blood? What does that even mean? Maybe I was wrong to run away, maybe my family was right that I was ‘safer’ at home. I shouldn’t have ran away, not knowing where I would end up. I was stupid.

 ‘Are you alright, dear?’ I suddenly heard a voice speak up behind me. 

I turned around and saw Mrs. Conrey standing behind me. 

‘Oh yes, I am.’ I answered as I fiddled with my pendant. 

‘Are you sure, you kind of look pale, like you’ve seen a ghost. ‘Why don’t you come with me and tell me what’s on your mind.’ She said as she took my arm and nudged me to come with her.

I followed her to the back of the house, where, which seemed, her office was. 

‘Why don’t you sit down?’ She said pointing at the couch. 

I  sat down and started looking around the room. Behind the wooden dark brown desk, there was a giant window, which covered almost all of the wall. In front of it there were baskets of flowers, decorating the big window. 

The rest of the room had an old Victorian feel to it. A lot if dark wood, dark red carpet and the furniture was covered with brown leather.

Mrs. Conrey sat in front of me and held my hand. 
‘Care to tell what has been bothering you, dear?’ She asked me caring

I started playing with my pendant again and my dry lips.

‘Well there has been bothering me a lot, and I don’t know where to start, I don’t even know who to trust, I even start doubting myself who I am.’ I said to her.

 She my hand in an soothing manner and gave me a calm smile. 

‘Why don’t you just start at the beginning.’ She said to me

‘Well, I wondered, all these paintings in the house, the woman on it, who is she?’ I asked her. 

‘Is it about the pendant?’ Mrs. Conrey laughed a little. 

My eyes widened and looked at her in shock, how did she know?

‘Well, the moment you stepped inside, I noticed it immediately.  Do you know what pendant you are wearing, dear?’ She asked with a face full of concern.

I shook my head and explained I got it from a witch store. 

Mrs. Conrey pursed her lips and took the pendant coin in her hand. 

‘The pendant says in Latin, atleast what I think: He’ll always stand beside you.’ She said to me. 

‘Who? God?’ I asked her. 

‘Well, that’s what they thought, but it could have been the Devil for all’s sake.’ She said and looked in to my eyes. 

‘The woman on the paintings, one of the previous owners of this house, was known to practise witchcraft.’

‘But what they say that happened is when her son got very sick, infected with the black Plague she took a bad turn, and started practising black magic. Demon’s magic people may call it.’

‘ When she became to powerful, people started getting scared, and wanted to end her and her magic.’ 

‘She ran and left her son behind, but not before storing her magic in this pendant.’ 

‘She left her pendant behind with her son, who then gave it to witches who were on her side of the story,  to keep it safe.’ Mrs. Conrey said. 

I took a deep breath and tried to process the information I just got. The pendant I have been wearing has been known to store a lot of powerful magic. That’s just insane. 

‘But, why did the woman gave this pendant to me? As I noticed I am not the one who can keep it quite safe?’ I asked mrs. Conrey

‘Maybe you weren’t to keep it safe.’ She said to me as she stood up.
------------------------------------ 


As I walked down the hallway back to my room, still processing what mrs. Conrey just told me, I walked past the kitchen where I eavesdropped just now.

I took a peak inside if they were still there but I only found Jungkook. 

‘Hey, what’s up?’ I asked him quietly as I opened the door. 

‘Oh nothing, just thinking about stuff, what about you?’ He asked me as he padded the chair next to him for me to sit down. 

‘Nothing much, still processing what has happened the last months, days even better said’ I laughed and sat down. 

I looked at Jungkook’s face and stopped laughing. His face was pale and he had bags under his eyes.

 I put my hand on his cheek and nudged his face softly towards me.

‘Are you sure you are alright? You seem so worried’ I whispered softly. 

He gave me a soft smile and nodded quietly.

 ‘Yes I am, I am just worried about you.’ He said as he put his hand on mine, which was still on his cheek.

‘In these couple of two months, you grew so important to me. Your naive personality, that I want to protect as much as possible.’ 

‘Your sweet personality to do always good, I want to protect so much.’ He said as he his dry lips. 

‘I want and have to keep you safe. I don’t care why HS police is chasing you, because I know you are good.’ He continued and started my hand. 

‘You are simply amazing.’