Pendant

Spread your wings

Sarah's POV; 

I opened the creeking door of the shop taking a peak inside. The shop was messy and filled with dust, which implied that the shop didn't have many costumers. Suddenly a lady emerged from the back of the store and smiled at me. 'Come in child, take a look around.' she said to me. I hesitated but still came in. Nothing could go wrong of just taking a look around, right? I started to look around, taking glances here and there at the young lady. The lady was tall, young and very beautiful, in comparison to this store what looks like a wreck. 

'Child, come here, I think I have something that suits you very well.' The woman waved me over. I walked over to the woman and saw that she was standing over a box filled with jewelry. She grabbed a goldish/bronze pendant and held it infront of me. I looked at the old pendant wondering why it would suit me. 'Why me?' I asked the woman. The woman gave me a small smile and shrugged her shoulder, 'I just have a feeling it's perfect for you.' I knotted my eyebrows together and took the pendant. I looked at the coin hanging on the string and read the engravings 'ut non sit ex parte vestra''. 'What does this mean?' I asked her. The woman shrugged her shoulders again, 'I don't know, I only work here parttime.' 

Strangely enough I took a liking to the pendant and wanted to buy it. 'How much does this cost?' I asked the lady. 'Oh no, you don't have to pay for it, it's a gift.' the woman reassured me. I gave the woman a strange look, 'Why would you give a stranger a product of your store? I'm sure you could sell it for a lot of money, It looks really old.' I said hestitantly. 'Don't worry about it, I found you so perfect for the pendant, that I wanted to gift it to you.' She told me. I nodded softly and took a look at the pendant again. 'It looks really old' I thought to myself. 'Well, thanks a lot for the pendant.' I thanked her smiling at her. I put the pendant around my neck and put it under my clothes, I don't know why, but I have the feeling I should hide it from the world.

'Oh, by the way,' I said to the woman. 'Has there ever been an old lady here? She gave me a business card of this store.' The woman cocked an eyebrow and looked me up and down. 'Yeah, you might be talking about my grandma, why, we don't usually give out business cards.' she said as she folded her arms over eachother. I shrugged my shoulders. 'It might seem weird, but she came to me telling me I was in danger and that I  should prepare for it, then she gave me the business card.' I told her. The woman gave me a look before walking behind the counter and grabbing a big old dusty book. She opened it and looked at me again. 'Why don't you visit again tomorrow, I'll put you between two tarot reading appointments, my grandmother will be here then.' She said while grabbing a pen. Should I visit again tommorow? It all seems so sketchy, but what could happen if I visited again, right? I nodded at the woman and told her it was alright. The woman wrote something down on a card and ripped it out of the book and gave it to me. ' ''tarot' reading appointment, 17:40. ' I put the card in my bag and smiled at the woman ones again. As I was about to leave the store the woman started speaking again. 'By the way, my name is Mira, I think we'll be great friends.' 


'I'm sorry Jungkook' I said while looking down to my feet while sitting on the couch. Jungkook was standing infront of me with his hands folded over eachother. 'Really Sarah, you just had to go and wander off? do you know how dangerous that was!?' He said angrily. I looked up at Jungkook's face and cocked an eyebrow at him. 'In my defense, Jungkook, I can't know if it's dangerous if I don't what the danger is, Jungkook.' I said repeating his name twice. Jungkook sighed and ran a hand trough his hair. 'It doesn't matter, It's just dangerous, okay?' He said irritated. I stood up and looked him in the eyes. 'No, not okay, until I know, I'm gonna go and stand where ever I want.' I said annoyed. Jungkook heaved up his hands in annoyance before muttering a 'whatever'  and leaving the room. I sat down in annoyance and looked around the room. 'Well, now I am bored.' I muttered to myself. I grabbed the remote from the table and the television. After zapping through channels for a while I decided to stick on watching the news. 

''missing person alert: HS Police has been looking for a girl named S.Diavolo. Her family is very worried for her and has been seeking for her. If you see this girl, you must by all means protect her.''

My eyes widened at the report and my hands started shaking. My family has filed a police report? Now I have to run away from the police too? I stood up and grabbed my bag, searching for my phone. With shaking hands I tried to dial Jungkook, after a few rings he finally picked up.

'What you already miss me?'' I could already hear his smirk from over the phone. 'No it's just that, HS Police is searching for me, I'm scared.' I heared Jungkook sigh and clear his throat. 'I don't know what big crime you commited but I''m on my way.'' after that he hung up. I slipped out a small sigh and sat back down again, I brought up my knees to my face and leaned down. I might seem like a strong girl all the time, but with also the police on my tail, I honeslty don't know what to do. 

I am scared.