Paintings.

Spread your wings

Sarah's POV;

'Put your backpack over here.' Jungkook said as he pointed to the place under the coathanger in the hallway. 

'Okay, where are we anyway?' I asked him while taking of my backpack and hanging my coat. 

'We are at the place of one of my bestfriends grandma. She owns me some , so we could stay here.' He muttered while hanging his own coat. 

I nodded my hand and rubbed my arms, because strangely enough, it's really cold in this house. 

'Why the heck is it so cold in here, JK?' I said as I checked out the paintings on the wall in the hallway. I traced my fingers on some of the paintings and started thinking about home. The old and robust technique isn't strange to me at all, we had these kind of painings too. The small cracks in the painting pointed out to me that the painings were indeed old, a couple of hundreds if I think. 

Most of the painings were of a young woman, very beautiful but also very ugly. She reminded me of one of the books I read at home. It was about a girl who had all the money, fame and love in the world. Her family was literally on top of the world, but at the same time she had nothing, she didn't have happiness. Eventually she committed suicide, sadly. The woman in these paintings reminded me of her. She looks like she got everything, but her eyes are empty, almost soulless. 

But there was one painting, on that painting she looked happy, her eyes were twinkling. She was with a little boy. The little boy was pouting and looking like he didn't want to be there at all. Don't we all. Family pictures, or in her time, family paintings. 

'Lovely aren't they?' I heard a voice say behind be. 

I turned around and saw an old woman, maybe mid sixties standing behind me, smiling at her paintings.

'I inherited them from my mother, these paintings are passed down on generation. I think they are around 450 years old.' She continued. 

'They are very lovely indeed.' I said as I smiled at the small woman standing behind me. 

'Oh, How rude of me! I am mrs. Conrey, but you can call me Jenny.' She said as she held out her hand. 

'I am Sarah.' I introduced myself and shook her hand. 'Where is Jungkook?' I asked mrs. Conrey. 

'Oh he already went inside and joined the boys.' Mrs. Conrey smiled and took my hand to lead me inside. 

'The boys?' I asked her with an confused look on my face. 

'Yes, the boys.' She said as she lead me into the living room where seven boys were sitting. 

Wait? How did Jungkook's friends got here faster then we did? We obviously left earlier then they did? 

'Stop for a moment. Didn't you say it was your grandma's house Jungkook?' I asked him raising my eyebrows at him. Why would he tell a lie and say something different literally five minutes later. 

'Oh yeah... It's not.' Jungkook said rubbing the back of his neck. 

'Of course it couldn't be, when it's my grandmothers house.' a girly voice said coming out of the kitching. 

We all looked at the place where the voice came from and saw a very tall beautiful girl walking towards us. Her hips were swaying and her long blond hair was literally caried by the air. She said down next to Jungkook,crossed her legs and looked at me. 

'So who are you and why are you disturbing our peaceful life?' She snapped at me.

'I'm sorry I didn't mean to, oh god, this was-' Jungkook interupted me by shushing me and giving the girl a hard glare. 

'Shut up, Gloria. Your life can never be peaceful since you literally get off on drama.' He snapped at her. 

Gloria scoffed and flicked her hair and looked me up down with a scowl on her face again. 

'Oh please, Jungkook. Liking drama and taking a very dangerous girl into custody are two very different things. I'd rather be alive at the end of the week' She said. 

'What do you mean very dangerous girl? I don't even know what's going on myself!' I yelled in frustration. First I am being protected, and now I am practically being thrown out. What the hell is happening?!

Gloria stood up and took a few steps closer to me, towering over me by atleast a few inches. 

'You wanna know what's going on? HS police, also known as Heavens Security Police is Looking for you. Which means you have done some pretty bad little girl. And I don't like criminals in my house.' She said looking me dead in the eyes. 

'Gloria calm down, you know damn well that HS Police aren't the most pure police either. You've been a victim of them aswell.' Namjoon spoke up. 

'Shut up Wrap Muncher, my case was different.' She said as she gave him a small glare. Damn, does this girl only know how to glare?

'And how was yours different?' He counterattacked. 

'Because I am special. ' She said with a little giggle and walked out of the room. 

I finally exhaled, only noticing I've been holding my breath until now. 

'Oh god guys I am so sorry.' I said looking down at my feet guiltily. 

'Don't worry about it, we don't mind protecting an innocent girl like you.' mrs. Conrey said giving me a reassuring pat on the shoulders. 

'How do you know I am innocent?' I asked her. 

'I can see it in your soul little girl. Now tap tap, upstairs with you, you must be pretty tired after such a long day.' She said as she pushed me up the stairs. 


After taking a long shower I was sitting on my bed recounting the events that happened today. I was in the coffee shop with Jungkook, then two strange men walked in who wanted to talk to me I guess? Then Jin send them away because I guess they were from HS Police. But wasn't HS Police forbidden from entering town? Remember to never trust Jungkook again. 

After that Jin pushed me and Jungkook through the cellar door outside and Jin pushed something inside his hands because it was dangerous outside, and now I am here. 

I let out a small sigh and started playing with my pendant, looking around the room. 

I guess every room has those old paintings because this one has. Like the paintings downstairs in the hallway, they all have the same woman.       

I stood up and walked up to the paintings and started looking at them a bit closer.  

On the biggest painting, which was opposite of the bed, the woman was sitting on a terrace, looking away from the painting in the distance. She looked even more sad. 

Judging by her clothing and the way she looked I guess she was a bit older here. Maybe in her mid thirties. 

But there was something about the painting that made the extremely cold house turn really hot.

She was wearing the exact, same pendant.