Episode 7

Bachelors' Paradise - BTS Ver //Did you ever dream of dating BTS?
 
 

episode 7

Going Crazy


 


tumblr_inline_nz4903tyQR1tirewe_540.png   replace with fc, the height is 90!!1!   tumblr_nypkg5nYlX1tzs7vco2_250.jpg




“What is this show? I thought it would be fun, this is no fun anymore.“ A very disgruntled Hoseok sits in front of the camera, his arms crossed, his face showing the grumpy expression of a little child.

“This week on Bachelor’s Paradise.“

Multiple scenes follow Hoseok’s words, the contestants and some of the bachelors frolicking in masses of foam covering the entire pool while Yoongi looks absolutely not amused about it, scenes of things getting heated between Aejin and Nara, then Hoseok who is stuck between a fighting Mihoon and Miso.

The screen fades to black before the mansion is back on it, some of the girls having breakfast together.

“It’s weird. The mansion is so empty all of a sudden. We used to be 21. Now it’s only 8 of us remaining.“, Miso says and sighs as she looks into the camera, her interview seeming a lot less enthusiastic than usual. “Juna? Jiho? Are you watching this? We miss you…“

“How many do you think they will eliminate this week?“, Minseo asks, sporting some work-out clothes that look a little sweaty. Next to her Miso just stares into her bowl of rice, pursing her lips.

“The finale is in four weeks… if they go with two each week, they’ll have two for the final episode. I don’t think that will happen.“, Yeonhee says and shakes her head.

“Probably one for each week.“, Johanna adds to it and the females all look at each other, knowing that it might hit one of those having breakfast together right now. In fact the only two missing are Mihoon and Nara who are shown still sleeping in their beds, their room a casual mess.

“So who do you think they will send home?“, Aejin wants to know about the others’ opinions, being the only one who looks not as bothered. Even Yumi who is currently washing up looks stressed but Aejin manages to keep her cool even in a situation like this.

Yeonhee and Johanna exchange short glances before Yeonhee voices out what both of them obviously seem to think. “Probably the only ones safe are going to be those who are the only choices for the bachelors.“

“Huh? Only choices?“, Yumi asks, collecting some of the empty plates, Miso helping her as she also finishes eating.

“Like you.“, Johanna explains. “It’s pretty obvious that you’re the only choice for Hoseok. He never really tried to approach someone else.“ Yumi blushes at her words and quickly hurries away with the plates. “Or like Aejin.“ Aejin grins widely, hearing this about her and Taehyung. “I just wonder what’ll happen if neither Hoseok nor Taehyung are Hidden Cards. Are they going to send you two home next in that case?“ The smile on Aejin’s face immediately drops again.

“…did anyone of you even think about who could be a Hidden Card? I mean… what if one of them is just playing around with us?“, Yeonhee even takes that thought into consideration.

“Jimin!“, Miso instantly blurts out and turns around from the sink to face the others, her face displaying all the anger she stored for the playboy bachelor. “He’s probably not a Hidden Card! Can’t imagine he is!“

All of the others frown at her shortly before they go on trying to find out who might be a Hidden Card and who might not.

“If you ask me, Seokjin and Namjoon are definitely Hidden Cards. They are both mature enough to start a serious relationship, I think they are the ones that will mainly decide who goes home and who gets to stay.“, Yeonhee shares her thoughts, Johanna nodding approvingly.

“Yeah, Namjoon I agree with. Maybe Jungkook might be a Hidden Card as well. I don’t know for sure but he acts differently than Taehyung or Hoseok. There is some seriousness somehow… remember Jiwoo? He even sent her home outside of any official elimination ceremony.“, Johanna adds and waits for the others to either agree on it or share other point of views. Miso remains silent after bursting out her thoughts of Jimin but once Johanna mentions the solo artist, she doesn’t look all that confident anymore.

“What about Yoongi, though?“, Minseo wonders and Johanna immediately winces.

“There’s something fishy about him, don’t you think?“, Aejin voices out.

“What do you mean?“, the athlete asks in reaction.

Instead of Aejin it’s Johanna who answers. “He blocks people from approaching him. Even though you get closer to him… there’s a barrier between him and you. That’s probably why Mihoon and Yoongi are fighting. But I don’t think that he’s hiding something… he’s just… cautious.“

The others can’t agree with her at all, giving her a questioning glance but they all remain silent. After all none of them knows for sure if the guys are hiding something from them or not.





There is a very unfamiliar silence spreading in the mansion and the pairs of contestants who hang out together are more isolated from each other than usual. Just two of them sneak around alone and the reason is very obvious as they explain it during their single interviews. 

"After last week I have to redeem myself. Things didn't go well at all for me...", Minseo worries and a little sequence of last week's episode is shown where she punches Seokjin in his face. 

Minseo is not the only one around, though. Yumi,too, is glancing into the camera. "I think I need to step up my game now! Things are going well for me, so I gotta score now! Or at least it seems like I could… anyway, Love fighting!!"

Both of the females are walking into each other when they head for the kitchen, looking startled when they face each other first. “Uh… kitchen?“, Minseo asks and Yumi simply nods. They walk down the floor in silence for a while before Minseo breaks the ice. “Do you think the bachelors will show up again? It’s already Wednesday and they haven’t been around just for once…“

Yumi shrugs. “Maybe. Maybe not. But I hope they show up… otherwise it could be scary. If they don’t meet with us before elimination, I mean. Or if there’s just like one chance to meet them before the elimination… remember the beginning of the show with those cards and games to choose who meets with whom? I don’t want something like that again…“

Minseo nods in approval before they get closer to the kitchen, hearing the sizzling of a pan and boyish laughter. It’s Yumi who immediately reacts, her eyes widening and her head raising as if she was a dog that just got track of something to chase. And her steps quicken up by a lot.

In fact, it’s Hoseok who is laughing while watching how Seokjin is standing in front of the stove, cooking something. “Hoseok!“, Yumi breaks out and almost runs over to him to give him a hug, Minseo just sheepishly following, slightly waving at Seokjin when the older bachelor turns around and gives her a very weak smile before he quickly turns around again. His face looks utterly green and yellowish around his nose and he still has the splint on it.

“What are you doing here?“, Yumi wants to know and Hoseok beams with that warmth at her that he always has in store for her before he points at the glass door that leads to the terrace where Jimin and Jungkook are preparing the area around the pool for something that looks a lot like a little party. Taehyung is sitting on one of the deckchairs with sunglasses on, looking a lot as if he’s ordering the other two bachelors around. Only Namjoon and Yoongi are missing.

“Is this a party?“, Minseo asks, looking straight at Seokjin who is still showing her his back, not replying with the usual friendliness she’s used to meet. Hoseok and Minseo shortly exchange worried glances and the playful bachelor helps Minseo avoiding a painful silence.

“Yeah, we haven’t been around the past few days so we decided to make up for it with a little pool party. Greeting the cherry blossoms and stuff.“ His gummy smile underlines his words and the lovey-dovey atmosphere around him and Yumi makes Minseo look ridiculously awkward for some reason. Yumi notices and is quick at involving Seokjin into their conversation. To the contestants’ surprise he’s answering to Yumi immediately.

“What are you cooking?“, she asks and walks around the kitchen isle to look over the fashion designer’s shoulder.

“A lot of different stuff. Chicken, shellfish, soup, fried rice. Today is food day.“, he answers her and the big, warm smile of the handsome bachelor finally returns.

“Uhhh… this smells good! You’re spoiling us, Seokjin. Tell me the real reason, you’re cooking for us. You want to fatten us, right?“

Seokjin starts laughing loudly, his laughter as weird as always. “What are you talking about? When something is delicious… it’s zero calories!“

As Yumi joins in his laughter, Hoseok and Minseo are left behind, looking completely awkward watching their sweethearts bonding with each other. It doesn’t take Hoseok long to jump up from his seat.

“Hey, Yumi! I can cook, too! Actually cook and dance in one!“, he announces loudly, grabs his phone and looks a moment for a song that he turns on and then starts dancing to the next moment. As he imitates hand-washing movements, he dubs for Yumi what he’s doing. “See? I’m washing my hands! Now-I’m-frying-stuff!“ The bachelor jumps forwards and backwards, moving his hands as if he is holding a pan and stirs something in it. As the song reaches the chorus, Hoseok suddenly jumps from the left to the right, acting as if he’s seasoning the food in the pan and then mixes it. Seokjin and Yumi are both watching Hoseok with raised eyebrows when he suddenly moves over to Seokjin and pretends to throw the food at the fashion designer. Seokjin reacts quickly, takes on and  plays the seasoning game, too. He then moves around, looks at Minseo and then quickly turns to Yumi instead, trying to feed her with the imaginary food that the two bachelors just cooked together. The female laughs and shyly moves her lips in eating motions, swallowing the air that the guys served to her.


“Wow, Seokjin, I didn’t know you could dance that well, too!“, Yumi praises him as she covers her lips with her hands.

“That is no good dancing.“, Seokjin contradicts and laughs in amusement.  “It is playing around while cooking. But yeah, I do it a lot at home with my family.“ He shrugs shortly and his laughter turns into a wide smile.

Yumi nods and her eyes widen as she asks him the next question. “With your family? You live together with your family?“ Irritation spreads on Yumi’s face and Hoseok and Seokjin exchange quick glances.

For a brief moment Seokjin holds still and then slightly tilts his head to the side. “…yeah, is that weird? Isn’t it normal that parents and children live together…?“

“Ohhhh! So you live with your parents?!“, Minseo chimes into the conversation, finally grabbing a heart to actively participate. Seokjin looks a little irritated by her randomly talking in between when she has stayed silent the entire time until now.

“Uh…exactly.“, he answers and Minseo walks around the kitchen isle, too, to be closer to the others when they dive deeper into the conversation about Seokjin’s parents.

The camera pans from the cooking scenery over to the pool and it’s already very crowded over there. There apparently has been a time skip. That the girls didn’t really expect a little pool party shows in the appearance of some. Aejin has her hair up in a messy bun, while sporting fashionable ‚stay home‘ clothes.

“I told you, you should have taken a bath… not taking one in like three days turns out to be a little nasty.“, Miso scolds her, sitting right next to her on one of the deckchairs.

Aejin doesn’t look very happy about being criticized by Miso and she lets out her anger during her interview. “I know I’m sometimes too lazy to take a bath. And I may be a little careless when it comes to hygiene. But that doesn’t mean Miso has to criticize me in front of everyone…!“, she says and glares into the left corner of the screen.

In comparison to Aejin, Nara looks as… eccentric as always. Her dress looks a lot like a piano keyboard and her pink Nike socks to her black high heels set a clear statement about how she doesn’t care about what others think about the way she dresses. Yet, her hair is back to black and the flaming red is gone. Mihoon next to her looks as grumpy as the past few days and weeks, not making a lot of effort in what she wears as her typical skinny worn-out jeans and the plaid shirt look more than just normal next to Nara.

“Hello ladies!“, Jimin greets Yeonhee and Johanna when the missing two complete the whole set of contestants. He and Jungkook walk over to the two to hand them some drinks.

The whole setting doesn’t look anything special until the contestants and bachelors sit together at the dinning table and the bachelor of the night finally arrives, dropping the whole atmosphere to the  freezing point. As soon as Yoongi and Namjoon appear and the producer sits down right next to Johanna, quite opposite to Mihoon, everyone else starts staring at the constellation in silence.

“How I’d dub this situation? Aaaaaawkward as *censor tone*!“ A short Miso interview snippet pops up.

In silence everyone eats, the bachelors looking as uncomfortable as most of the contestants. Only Yumi dares to break the silence, not knowing that she’s stepping into dangerous territory with it.

“You’re a really great cook, Seokjin! The food tastes incredible! I bet you’d make an awesome husband and dad later!“, she praises him and Hoseok’s expression gets all gloomy.

“Thank you!“ Seokjin beams at Yumi and as she beams back at him with a bright smile, something underneath the table moves and Seokjin lets out a shriek of pain. “OUCH!“

Hoseok, seemingly the culprit, smirks at him. His eyes form crescents as he indirectly tells Seokjin to back off. “Yeah. Great husband. Great daddy. For your own wife and child then, please.“

Nara, who is observing the three of them with much interest, looks as if she’s about to say something, but she holds herself back when Minseo gets all upset about how Seokjin and Yumi suddenly get along that well.

“Hey, don’t you feel a little rude saying something like that when Hoseok is sitting right next to you?“ Her claim hits a sensitive spot for Yumi who sinks back in her seat and starts staring at her plate, her face turning into a dark shade of shameful red. Hoseok is torn between saying something to cheer Yumi up or throwing a similar response like Minseo’s at Seokjin but his dilemma results in him just helplessly staring in a worried way at Yumi instead of glaring at his co-bachelor.

As Yumi is still fully ashamed and Minseo still on fire because of her anger, Namjoon’s the one to look for a way out of the danger zone.

"How long do you have to keep the splint on?", he wants to know and looks cautiously around. Yoongi is as distant as always while the rest of the bachelors is still worriedly looking at Yumi whose uneasiness is as present as said splint.

"Just another week then I can take if off.", Seokjin quickly answers, trying to support Namjoon’s attempt to ease up the tension.

“Did they fix it via plastic surgery?“ Nara’s interest is sparked once again and the fashionista leans a little towards the fashion designer to check his face. He chuckles and shrugs, keeping the answer to himself. “Plastic surgery, Korea’s magic that can heal and fix everyone in no time.“, Nara says.

While Nara looks amused about her own words, Aejin suddenly looks very skeptical. She scans Nara from head to toe before she tilts her head. “Can it be…? Nooo… Nara, you didn’t undergo plastic surgery, right? I mean… ah, forget about it.“

Nara freezes in her motions, her eyes suddenly shooting at Aejin like daggers. She senses the hidden meaning behind Aejin’s words in an instant and she doesn’t seem to like it. “Go ahead, please. Tell me what is bothering you.“

“It’s just… people who undergo plastic surgery are supposed to look very pretty to almost perfect, right?“

And hell is freezing the very moment Aejin shares her thoughts.

“Are you saying I’m ugly?“

Aejin looks very shocked when Nara confronts her with it and the girl obviously does not know what to answer. She tries to look for the right words but instead just digs her very own grave.

“I’m just saying that I don’t consider you-“

“-pretty enough? Wow. To hear that from a person that can’t keep her own hygiene routine up, that’s something pretty harsh to say about others.“, Nara starts to throw criticism at Aejin which is not well received as well. Aejin’s eyebrows start to furrow and being told off by Nara in front of everyone has its impact. And the outcome is not great.

“Says one of the messiest persons in this place!“, she barks and the the level of discomfort among the bachelors and contestants reaches a completely new level.

“I’m a queen reigning over her chaos! You’re Pitch Mary who constantly forgets to take a proper shower!“ Nara’s words hit hard and the war seemingly is on with no other than Jimin taking action to stop and save what’s still to save.

He gets up from his seat and declares the meal as over. “Is that so?“, he picks up the discussion and finishes it with what the bachelors had planned anyway. “Then it’s good that we prepared a giant bath, huh?“

Yoongi looks up, his eyebrows raising as he watches Jimin walking over to the pool. “What is he talking about?“, he asks and Taehyung and Jungkook just chuckle in amusement. “Please don’t tell me he’s-“

Jimin disappears for a moment and when he’s back he has a wheelbarrow with him, filled with bath bombs in various colors and shapes. He’s moving very quickly as he knows that Yoongi will try anything to stop him. And Yoongi really does. He jumps up from his seat and runs over to Jimin to prevent him from throwing the bombs into the pool but it’s too late and as the bombs hit the water, masses of colorful foam flood the entire area.

“I’m going to kill you, you *censor tone*!!!“, Yoongi yells at Jimin who runs off with Yoongi right behind him.

In the meantime some of the girls follow Taehyung, Jungkook and Hoseok to the pool, the guys enjoying the foam mess. Minutes later Jimin is back with another load of bath bombs, Yoongi still chasing him.

“HOSEOK! TURN ON THE WHIRLPOOL FUNCTION!“

There’s chaos everywhere, girls playing in the pool, Yoongi freaking out and the bachelors pretty much enjoying their time. So much that even Namjoon grabs Yeonhee’s wrist and drags her into the pool. The chaos doesn’t reach all of the inhabitants of the mansion, nevertheless.

Mihoon stays away from the mess, Aejin, too, as she tries her best to stay away from Nara and Minseo is watching how Seokjin approaches Yumi with a lot of disapproval when Hoseok is too busy playing in the foam to take care of the female and the fashion designer sees the urge to be a substitute for the dance teacher.

The conflicts seem interrupted. Superficially. For now.



The familiar picture of the contestants sitting in the living room with MC Inguk in front of them is shown as Inguk smiles ever charming at them. “Hello ladies, I hope you’ve been doing good so far.“, he says and the females all look nicely made up and beam back at him. “It’s time for something that you might have been missing. Time with the bachelors alone.“, he introduces the upcoming dates and holds eight colorful envelopes in his hands, two of each color. “This week you’re going to meet the bachelors in two-on-one dates. Pick one of the envelopes and see who of the bachelors you will meet during the date. Oh and on a side-note… you’ll get roses during the dates. Each bachelor has two roses to hand out. Just one has only one.“ Inguk walks over to the table in between the couches and leaves the envelopes on it. “Good luck and have fun.“

The contestants are very quick in reaching out for the envelopes. But not all of them look very happy. Yumi looks rather disappointed, while Nara is showing a content smile. Mihoon is all indifferent and Yeonhee looks over to Johanna to confirm that they just ended up with the same bachelor.

And like that the dates start.

It’s somewhat after breakfast with some of the contestants still eating, when the first pair of contestants leaves the house.

Aejin and Yumi both meet Taehyung waiting in front of a stretch limousine in front of the mansion, the bachelor being dressed very casually in his black leather jacket and a grey jeans. Aejin looks a lot more fashionable than both, the bachelor and the co-contestant that is joining their date.

“You’re ready for a fun ride?“, Taehyung asks and beams at both females, opening the door of the car for them.

“I’d rather have spent the day with Hoseok or Seokjin, of course. But I don’t complain, Taehyung is a very nice person.“, Yumi reveals in a short interview segment and it’s to be heard how the interviewer asks her if she doesn’t feel fluttered by Taehyung being around her and calling her a ‘rose’. Yumi instantly blushes and irritatedly looks into the camera. “It’s not like that! It’s just… Taehyung called me ’Mommy‘ before which I didn’t like that much… so he called me rose… because he said I remind him of a pretty rose.“ The interviewer again talks to her and asks how she’d explain what Taehyung is like. Yumi shrugs. “Maybe… a good mix of Hoseok and Seokjin? Yeah. He gives me similar feelings like those two.“

With fun ride it gets pretty clear what Taehyung meant when the group arrives at Everland where a bunch of people are noticing the camera team and the date gets pretty packed as masses of people are following Taehyung and the girls. The bachelor doesn’t get irritated, however, and leads the girls on, taking them from ride to ride. To the surprise of Yumi and especially Aejin, Yumi doesn’t seem to be third-wheeling at all. Instead Taehyung pays special attention to the single mom which every now and then seems to get on Aejin’s nerves as well.

As so often during this episode, the interview is dominating and revealing how Aejin is feeling about the shared attention of the bachelor. “I like Yumi, really, I do. But I wished she was gone. Like… gone and far away so Taehyung and I could enjoy our date.“ She inhales very concentratedly, calming herself down with it. “Yeah, I don’t like sharing Taehyung. I think we have that chemistry and Yumi was disturbing this today.“

A bunch of little kids is running past the bachelor and the girls, probably a school class, pairs of two walking by, holding hands to not loose each other. Yumi can't help but follow them with her eyes, heaving a heavy sigh. 

"You miss your daughter, right?", Taehyung asks and Yumi nods wearily. 

"I am just imagining how much fun she'd have here and that I really need to take her to an amusement park later.", she speaks and the motherly feels are reaching Taehyung just by looking at the young mother.

"Then next time let's take your daughter with us!", he tells her and Yumi 's eyes brighten up 100%. Aejin next to them looks anything but happy about Taehyung's idea. She looks alarmed and the expression doesn't want to go away anymore after that. 

"This is... not cool. It sounded as if Taehyung wanted to go to the amusement park with Yumi and her daughter... alone. And in the future. As in: after the show." Aejin tries her best not to glare into the camera but the dark shades of anger under her eyes are almost as dark as the background of the interview room. "Who's angry? I'm not angry. Not at all! What are you talking about?"

The scenes skip to the end of the date straight with Taehyung, Aejin and Yumi sitting together at one of the little tables in front of the food stalls, eating corndogs in front of them on little paper plates.

“Thank you for spending the day with me. I enjoyed this date a lot aaaaaand…“, one of the staffs hurries to Taehyung’s help and places a silver tablet with two red roses on it on the table, “… I have a rose for the pretty rose and a rose for my partner in crime.“ He beams at them and each of the girls gets her rose, Aejin still not looking any happy after Taehyung called Yumi ‘the pretty rose‘.


The second date doesn’t look as much fun as the Taehyung one. Hoseok decided to do something special with his two contestants and it’s showing that he’s missing Yumi a lot during his date and that he planned it for her to enjoy in the first place. Because he’s bringing his two contestants, Mihoon and Miso, to a kindergarten. Neither of them looks too happy.

The idea behind Hoseok’s date is explained by the bachelor by himself when he stands in front of the main door, telling Mihoon and Miso what is awaiting them.

“I work with kids. I love kids. So we’re going to spend the day together with kids! Yaaaay!“ Like a kid himself, he claps his hands, meeting an a lot less enthusiastic “Yay“ of Miso and a frown of Mihoon.

“What do you mean we’re going to spend the day with kids…?“, Mihoon wants to know.

“Good that you’re asking!“ Hoseok doesn’t loose faith in the two girls and flicks his fingers. “This is a kindergarten and we’ll help out as kindergarteners!“

Mihoon’s frown just grows stronger while the enthusiasm in Miso’s face completely drops. Hoseok very skillfully ignores the contestants‘ reactions and leads them inside where they meet a bunch of infants that are crazily yelling to great them all.

“Hell.“, Mihoon dubs the situation, sitting in the contestant chair as the cameras film her commenting on the date. “That’s all I thought of. What did I deserve this hell for?“ Mihoon sighs and the info box that usually tells the audience about the contestants’ ages and occupations suddenly informs the audience about something completely different: Mihoon, 25, doesn’t like kids.

The horror that the date gives the two contestants is ever present and even Hoseok can’t ignore it the entire time, watching how Mihoon tries her best to avoid interacting or even touching the kids, her face always making grimaces when one of them approaches her and she acts like the infants are some kind of super infectious carriers, keeping them on a distance with a broomstick, and how Miso tries but fails utterly, carrying one child around while the others all tug on her clothes, demanding for her attention.

“Don’t swear, Miso! Stay strong and just DON’T swear!“, she encourages herself but her whole body screams of the stress she’s feeling and her eyes get all watery when the kid in her arms sneezes into her face. “I HATE MY LIFE!“

The scene skips to the lunch time, Mihoon watching the kids eat and halfway hanging in their food as they one by one start to fall into a deep slumber in the midst of chewing. Miso in the meantime is still exhausted by keeping the kids she’s taking care of alive without cursing. The image is ridiculous. The two contestants in their pink aprons stand out like sore thumbs and none of them is made to interact with kids at all.

And there Hoseok’s frustration takes over. At the end of the day there’s not a lot left to say for him except for his “What is this show? I thought it would be fun, this is no fun anymore.“ that was shown during the beginning of the episode. Luckily Miso has a great idea to lighten up the mood and get something great out of the day at least.

“Sorry about today…“, she apologizes to the very grumpy looking bachelor. “Do you want to do something that will definitely save the day?“, she asks and Hoseok’s spark of excitement returns in his eyes. He looks over to Mihoon to ask for her approval but the woman just gives him an indifferent glance.

“Sure!“, he agrees.

Where they end up? In a Pojangmacha aka the small tented spots where people drink lots and lots of alcohol.

Date number three isn’t as stressful for the contestants as the one before but it almost hurts as much to watch. It’s Jungkook’s date and he’s with Johanna and Yeonhee, checking out the aquarium in the COEX Mall.

Yeonhee enjoys all the colorful fishes a lot and for the first time doesn’t seem all super-business but whenever Jungkook approaches her, the awkwardness around those two gets real. They just don’t seem to be able to function around each other if left alone. Johanna gets a lot more out of the young bachelor. They can converse for a bit before Jungkook is at a loss about Johanna’s extraordinary knowledge. So, the aquarium trip remains rather silent as they walk through it, checking out several fish tanks and even watch the fish show together.

“We were the last pair to leave the mansion and I’m glad we left that late… because otherwise the day would have turned out longer… and even more awkward.“, Yeonhee reveals during her one-on-one with the camera team.

Back to the date the bachelor and the contestants finally leave the aquarium and stroll around the city with no real destination to head to. Johanna and Yeonhee follow Jungkook all silently until a brilliant idea strikes his mind.

“Hey, you’re up for something fun?“, he asks and the two women just raise their eyebrows. But they follow him still… and where they end up?

The moment they enter the tented area a super hyped Hoseok and a very drunk Miso start shouting so loud that everyone turns around.

“YO, KOOKIE MA MAN!“ Hoseok waves vigorously at the bachelor and said bachelor blinks in irritation at his bachelor colleague before he motions his two contestants over to follow him to the group that has already consumed multiple bottles of soju.

“Koooooookiiiiiie!“, Miso squeals happily at the sight of him, her whole face a bright red. She barely manages to open her eyes, let alone get up from her seat. 

Mihoon next to the two drunk ones still looks pretty normal. But even her face’s color changes when she sees Johanna.

“So… we’re drinking?“, Johanna asks and sits down next to Jungkook, Yeonhee sitting on the other side of the bachelor.

“Drinking and eating! You shall never forget about the food!“, Hoseok adds and leans backwards away from the table to call the tent’s ahjumma. “Ahjummeoniiiiie, bring us more fooood, pleeeeease!“ The heavy slur dominates his voice and as he flings back to his former position, he almost crushes into the table, pushing down all of the little shot glasses and half-emptied soju bottles.

There’s a short time laps from when the second group arrived to a later moment where all of them seem to be pretty drunk. Except for Yeonhee and Mihoon who’re holding their liquor well. Miso is chewing on a left-over corndog wooden stick while Jungkook turns the little glass and its content around for the 10th time. Hoseok is grinning stupidly, leaning against Miso because he can’t hold his head up anymore.

“Did you know that Frederick the Great, who was the king of Prussia, was enamored by alcohol, so he even tried to ban coffee as an attempt to get everyone in Prussia drink liquor instead?“, Johanna fires random facts at the others, only Yeonhee and Mihoon really listening to her at this point. “I don’t judge him! Alcohol somewhat can be considered as healthy if you want it like that. There are 13 minerals that are essential for human life and all of them can be found in alcohol!“ The astrophysics students blows out some air and wearily looks at her empty glass. “Alcohol is weird, though. I suddenly want to share all of my problems with you… alcohol might be what bonds people with each other a lot easier. If we get to force Kim Jong-Un drinking with our president, who knows where that takes us?“

“Pretty much to the same situation like you and Mihoon are in right now!“, Miso comments and starts laughing.

“*censor tone* what?!“ It’s Hoseok who suddenly blurts out the casual cussing.

“Yeah! Both are the leaders of a nation and they want one: Korea. Let’s imagine Korea being the Grumpy Cat.“, the vlogger explains. “So what are your positions? You two drank pretty much. What’s the solution for the Korean War?“

The bartender and the student exchange short glances, Johanna not being able to stand Mihoon’s fierce glance for too long.

“You can have him. Not in this life I’d want to be with Min Yoongi.“, Mihoon says very calm but with an uncanny intensity.

“Huh?!“, the two bachelors react to it.

“But if you’re not interested in being with Yoongi, why are you still here then?“, Yeonhee asks, even her sounding a little slurry by now.

There’s a sudden silence spreading across the people at the table and before Mihoon opens to answer, Jungkook raises his voice to get the camera staffs’ attention.

“Roses! We need the roses!“, he demands and one of the staffs brings him two silver tablets with each four roses on them. “Before you guys say anything you might regret, take the roses and be happy to stay another week.“ With that said he hands each of the contestants a rose, Hoseok watching him with a drunk smile.

“Still mean it.“, Mihoon comments whereas accepting the rose.

Johanna throws a side glance at her as she speaks and very quietly talks to herself. The camera still manages to catch everything of it. “Das glaub’ ich erst, wenn ich’s auch sehe…“, she mumbles in a foreign language that for the audience gets subbed as ‘I’ll only believe this if I see it happening…‘.


With the final pair appearing on screen to the audience it’s already clear that one of the two contestants will be going home tonight. But the contestants don’t know yet.

“Today I’m taking the two contestants that end up at the date with me to a fashion show. Not one that I’m participating in. One that we can enjoy together.“ Seokjin beams into the camera, still very optimistic.

The optimism fades a little when he sees the two contestants that end up on his date but he’s trying to hide his discomfort as good as possible.

“Hey, you’re ready for a day full of fashion?“, he asks when Nara and Minseo step out of the door and Nara is all raptured in an instant.

“I’m all about fashion.“, she says and stops next to him to take her sunglasses dramatically off. Her dress is telling the bachelor something else as a big, black mustache is gracing Nara’s chest.

Minseo looks very not like going to a fashion show, she just looks as casual as always. She insecurely smiles at Seokjin who’s merciful enough to reply with another smile but it doesn’t last that long as he’s very quick in leading the females into the car.

The venue of the fashion show is nothing less than Dongdaemun culture center where the Seoul Fashion Week is about to start when the bachelor and his company arrive.

“I must admit, I feel a little disappointed that we don’t get to walk on the runway ourselves again.“, Nara playfully complains and Seokjin automatically starts laughing.

“Maybe next time.“, he says and hands the two females little pamphlets.

As so often in this episode it gets obvious how Seokjin avoids Minseo just by looking at how they sit. It’s Seokjin, Nara in the middle and then Minseo. No big surprise that during the fashion show Seokjin focuses on conversing with Nara and they seem to have a great time gushing over the different dresses that are presented during the show. Minseo seems very left out and her face shows how disappointed she is about it.

“I love fashion shows…“, she tells the camera team, as it seems being interviewed right after the show has ended. There is a lot of meddling behind her to be seen but neither the bachelor nor her competitor seem to be around. “…but today was probably the saddest fashion show I’ve ever watched…“

The mood seems to brighten just a little when the bachelor and the females are back together in the car on their way to the restaurant.

"How did you like it Minseo?"

The blond contestant winces when Seokjin suddenly is talking directly to her.  She blinks shortly in confusion before she raises her head and stares from her lap up to the bachelor. 

"I... I liked it a lot.", she answers insecurely. Her answer contradicts a lot with what she has told the audience during the interview earlier but Seokjin doesn’t know, so he’s nodding his head and gives her a slight smile.

During dinner things look a lot better with the three of them conversing again. Nara is doing a pretty decent job in playing mediator between Seokjin and Minseo, leading the conversation.

“Minseo, what are you going to do after the show?“, the matchmaker wants to know and gains the attention not only from the professional athlete but also the bachelor who stops chewing to look at said contestant.

The athlete also stops, first looks at Nara and than shortly at Seokjin to direct her eyes quickly back to her plate.

“…I might just go back to do what I did before, I guess.“, she answers uneasily. It’s very unusual to see Minseo talk about sports like this. Good, that Nara is there to explain what is going on in the contestant’s head.

Her interview is adorned with Nara’s name and what usually informs about her occupation dubs Nara as the ‘self-proclaimed human whisperer’. “Minseo is ashamed of her profession. After using her strength against the person she likes and seeing him being scared of her because of that, it’s a natural reaction. I just hope for her that she can overcome this. Otherwise this isn’t going to get her anywhere.“

Back to the dinner table, Nara is trying to get some more out of Minseo. “Didn’t you think of anything you want to do if you win this? If you end up with one of the bachelors?“

Nara’s questions leads to Minseo looking up at Seokjin again. And her eyes are full of hope. So much hope that the bachelor can’t help it, he looks away in an instant. With that reaction Minseo’s head drops. “…I don’t know how the chances are…so I don’t want to think about it too much for now.“

The three of them sit together for another while when the staff is back with the silver plate and a single rose placed on it. Nara already stares at it with anticipation while Minseo can’t bear just having it in front of her.

“It’s time…“, Seokjin starts and inhales slowly. “I only have this one rose. And you two are extraordinary women. But as I can only pick one…“

Minseo tenses up, closing her eyes, her lower lip trembling.

“…Nara, would you accept this rose?“

“Yes.“, Nara answers with a big smile and receives the rose.

“I’m sorry.“, Seokjin tells Minseo and the contestant nods as she bites her lower lip, tears starting to fall.

She’s unable to speak and hides her face behind her hands.


 

 

 

 

authors note


I am a disgrace!!! I didn't update like in a century!!! I'm so sorry! But I was really busy the past weeks (you can read more about that in my latest blog post). Anyway... here's an update! Not my best but at least something! And we're getting close to the final line, so I'm trying my best to work more frequently on this story now. I should manage, though, after all stress is gone at least until August (exams? Who cares about exams...? Who am I kidding, July is going to be tough, too, but I will still try my best).

Enough random rambling, here's your favorite part of the week: The question time!

One of the eliminated contestants is going to come back again. Who do you want to be back in the mansion? (You may not vote for your own character. You may vote your favorite TWO. Both Juna and Jiho CANNOT be voted back into the mansion.Everyone who applied for this is allowed to vote.)

There are going to be extra questions again that I will send to you via PM in the next few days, so stay tuned, there's going to be something in your inbox!

You may answer until Wednesday, July 6, 8PM UTC. The way you do so is up to you. You can write it as a comment, you can also just send me a PM.

That's it for now.

JEY OUT~