chapter 8: Daehyun..

Stigma : Unfolding The Truth

 

“Are you sure you’re okay noona? Is your shoulder okay?” Jimin asked, totally concerned with his sister condition. It had been a week since the day she got shot and honestly, getting hurt like this made something inside her felt so, so, so satisfied. Jiyeon nodded and scooped the ice cream up, feeding Jimin. “I’m fine. Worry about yourself.” she said and ruffled his hair. Jimin sighed and nodded.

 

Jimin actually didn’t know that his sister actually got quite a number of shots and she tended to keep it undercover because she doesn’t want him to worry. “Ah, and I already pay all the debts and I also transferred some in your account. I made a new one though,” Jiyeon took out a folded paper and handed to Jimin. It was kinda heartbreaking to give it like that as if they were some kind of business partners.

 

“I put in both of the accounts. Your old one and the newest one.” she explained. “The new one has more money since it’s yours and please keep it away from mom and dad. That’s for your own using only.” she said sternly. Jimin stared at folded paper and then back to his sister. “Noona, cant you stop doing this?” he asked with such tone that stepped on her heart harder than it supposed to be. Jiyeon swallowed the pain and smiled. “Chimchim.. please just live happily.. I want to see my little bro-” “No. I mean, yes we used to get beaten up a lot but we spend more time together! Noona, seeing you like this hurts me a lot!” he accidentally raised his voice.

 

Jiyeon heaved a sighed and shook her head. “It’s okay. Be mad at me all you want. I will try to make some times for you.. they need me-” “Jiyeon noona, I need you..” he said so softly, it actually made her teared up. Jiyeon hastily wiped her tears using the back of her hand and nodded. “I’m sorry Jimin ah,” and by that she stood up and left the cafe, leaving her brother alone.

 

Everything seemed to be so against her that day. Whenever she walked in the crowd, it seemed as if she was the only one who was different. Everyone seemed to be with someone, rather on phones or by their sides. Everyone seemed to be living a normal life but her. Who the carries a glock under their shirt and a dagger in both of their boots around? Clenching on her jacket, she walked down the streets, heading back to the apartment.

 

 

When she was walking down the road, she saw someone who was so familiar to her. She squinted her eyes and looked at him. Leaning against the wall, she watched them being all over each other. Gasping, she knew who it was. Byun Baekhyun.. she was even more shock to see that he was with a girl and all lovey dovey and . This was not the Baekhyun she knew for the past few months.

 

Trying to play it cool, she just walked away. Maybe he had some reasons why he was all crazy infront of them but turned out to be something else behind them. She wondered if his other brothers know about him with that girl. Sighing, she took out her phone and called Taehyung.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Kim Taehyung.. rooftop?”

 

“This is Daehyun. Why are you calling me instead of Taehyung?” Jiyeon was so shocked to know that it was Daehyun instead of Taehyung. She looked at the caller ID and realized she pressed of Daehyun’s name instead of Taehyung’s. maybe I should just meet Daehyun today.. she thought. “Jiyeon?” she heard Daehyun called him on the other line. Snapping out from her thoughts, she clumsily said. “Yes babe.. I mean what the ! Ah, yes.. meet me at the rooftop. I’ll send you the address!” she said that and quickly hung up.

 

Her heat was beating faster than the bullet train and she quickly forward the address of the rooftop to Daehyun. Walking, she also texted Taehyung asking where he was. In a matter of seconds, he texted back saying that he was on his way to Daegu since he had a mission there and will be home late. Feeling a bit uneasy, Jiyeon wanted to text Baekhyun too. She wanted to ask him where he was just to make sure the person she saw just now was really Baekhyun. Her head still doesn’t want to process the fact that she saw Baekhyun with a girl like that. He did mentioned how he hated girls before (the same day he got call gay).

 

Jiyeon took the bus to the nearest stop to the abandoned building and continued walking there. It was kinda odd for her not to bring any vehicles along because she hated it when people gave her the look when she passed by them. It was as if they know that she kills people for a living and they might be next. She did mentioned this problem to Jiyong as well but Jiyong convinced her that her identity was still save.

 

It took her quite some times too to get herself used to this kind of exposure. She can’t believe all this time she was trained to be like this. It’s still awe her how she managed to be an undercover child for the Park family for so long and even had those boys watching her even though she was actually already one of them since the beginning. Though, it was still great that she had to know Daehyun first. If she knew Taehyung, it might be easily known since Taehyung was actually way dangerous than Daehyun because he had keen eyes.

 

As she was ascending the stairs, she took out her phone and called Daehyun. The boy answered on the forth ring. “Hm?” he said on the other line.

 

“You’re coming?”

 

“Of course, I am. Wait a little bit. I’m not used to this place.”

 

“Duh. It’s my getaway. Why would you know this place?” she . Daehyun chuckled and made that noise with his tongue. Daehyun back before hanging up. Smiling, she kept her phone back in her jeans’ pocket. At the same time as well, she arrived at the rooftop.

 

The wind was blowing ever so softly. She closed her eyes enjoying the fresh air on top of the building. It sometimes bothered her knowing that nobody actually know the real her. The real Jiyeon and not the Park Jiyeon nor Jiyeon the assassin. Despite looking so tough and brave on the outside, she was scared of the world. The person who knew the most about her was Jiyong. That’s was only because Jiyong took care of her since she was young.

 

During the days after she ended school, Jiyong would bring her in for practice and treated her nice food and gave her new stuffs. It was really hard to act in front of the Park Family, especially Jimin. Frankly speaking, Jimin did meet with Jiyong a couple of times but Jimin still couldn’t talk properly. It still awe her how much she actually loved Jiyong as a person. He’s a great brother and a dad. He takes care of people very well. No doubt he’s one of the best leader in the world.

 

Jiyeon lifted her hand up and had the urge to look at her wrist. She remembered during that day where Taehyung almost caught her having that tattoo. Honestly, she was still cautious about Taehyung due to that case. Jiyeon softly touched her wrist, caressing it. She had covered it with makeup and it does last quite long. If only she doesn’t have to keep everything to herself, none of this will happen.

 

If only she isn’t that stupid and actually use that ing brain of hers for once.. 

 

“Jiyeon?”

 

She turned around to see the owner of the voice. Daehyun was standing there with his black shirt and skinny jeans that was tightly stuck around his thick thighs. He walked closer to her. “Why are you he-” he was cut mid-sentence when his eyes laid on the view of the city from where he was standing. He might be mesmerized by the view of the city but she was mesmerized by the view of him. Their height difference were quite obvious but he still looked godly from every angle.

 

“No wonder you like it here.. the view is amaz..” he sentence was once again stopped before he could finished it because he noticed that Jiyeon was staring at him with such look that broke something deep inside him. “Are you okay?” he asked her but she didn’t answer. Honestly, she could but she refused to. All she wanted was to look at him like this; quiet, no words exchange, just stare at each other.

 

Daehyun turned his body and placed his hands on her shoulders. It had been days as well for him to actually feel his heartbeat to beat this fast. She could feel all the sadness inside of her slowly coming out. No.. no.. I can’t cry now.. she told herself. Her head dropped low and she sobbed quietly.

 

“Why..? What’s wrong? Tell me,” he said so softly, it literally could comfort anyone. He pulled her into his embrace and caressed her back as she sobbed. He wanted to know but part of him felt it’s better if he just shut about it. He had too much problem to handle already at the moment, he doesn’t think he would actually managed to bear another problem.

 

After a moment, Jiyeon stopped from crying and just rest her head on his chest. Daehyun did nothing but to caress the back of her body, hoping that it would calm her down. Slowly, she pulled herself back from Daehyun and wiped her tears with the back of her hands hastily. “Sorry. A bit too emotional. I think my period is coming. , sorry..” she said and took a seat on the wooden chair.

 

Daehyun took a seat beside her on the floor as both of them stared at the view. It was almost sunset so the sky was prettier than it already was. It began to get slightly cold too. “Naahh, it’s girls things. Usually these things.. Youngjae is the one who always handle..” Jiyeon laughed at Daehyun’s grammar. He was literally so nervous he can’t even speak properly. Taking a bold step, she held Daehyun’s hand and squeezed it tight. “You can handle it too. You just have to.. you know… learn..” she said.

 

The boy let out an airy laugh and smiled. “Okay, you’re the one who’s having some major stress but I’m the one who gets all the comfort? This is wrong in so many level…” he tried to make a joke and squeezed back her hands. That was his firs time to feel such warmth from someone. It felt so real, he almost lost track on his dreamworld with Yoojung.

 

“I can teach you. You can always use me as an experiment.”

 

She said that so carelessly, it made him angry. He knew he shouldn’t be angry at all because, true, they were just mates and they’re practically strangers anyways. Daehyun nodded. “But don’t blame me if I am too fond of you, Park Jiyeon,”

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Jiyeon lowered her cap and watched as the bystanders walking around the city. The hot coffee in her hand began to get cold so she took a quick sip. As her eyes searched for the man of her target, she crumpled the empty paper cup and tossed it into the dustbin. Jiyeon picked up her steps and followed the man.

 

She might been practicing for half of her life but she still wasn’t satisfied with her current skill. She wanted to do head shot and one shot one kill but always fail to do so. Jiyeon put on her sunglasses and followed him closer.

 

Kim Myungsoo. A man in his mid 20s. He was known for his wealthiness and all those money he stole from his client. Sometimes, he will lure female clients to sleep with him and pay in a very high amount of money. He can practically be call a male e. Though, he did his jobs very clean and no trace was found. Myungsoo was also a great package; tall, broad shoulder, handsome face. People would mistaken him as an idol if he’s walking down the streets.

 

It’s true though. She could see how the girls’ eyes literally twinkled when they saw him. He was too godly-made but too damn cruel. The one who submitted the mission was none other than his own girlfriend, which was a bit odd because she actually revealed herself to Cobra. Jiyeon was still amused at the girl because she was so bold saying that she wants to meet the person who actually kill him and pay the cash face to face. She even swore that she will let them kill her if she didn’t appear on the exact date given.

 

At first, the mission was supposed to be handle by Baekhyun but then he gave to Youngjae because he hated girls. Then, it was passed down to Yongguk. Being the grumpy and angry leader he was, he grumpily gave the mission to Daehyun. Daehyun felt that it was kinda a burden to meet her so he nicely asked Jiyeon to do it. Jiyeon was happy to do so, she accepted it.

 

 

She followed him all the way to this one building which turned to be his office. When she recalled the informations given about him, she remembered that he was actually an accountant in this one well known company, who happened to be the one of Yongguk’s client’s company. She took off her glasses and leather jacket off, letting only her white, see-through blouse on. She hold the jacket and took out the pass from her handbag. She put it on and plastered a smile on her face as she walked passed the gate. She pressed the pass on the machine until the light turned yellow and entered the building.

 

This is going to be hot.. 

 

Jiyeon entered the office and saw Myungsoo was sitting, chatting with his acquaintance. Adding some notes there; female acquaintance. He looked very friendly and very charming too. No wonder girls would fall head over heels for this man. Jiyeon let out a long sigh, before proceeding to approach him. She walked to his table and greeted him.

 

“Myungsoo ssi?” she greeted.

 

Myungsoo looked at him and she noticed how his eyes instantly darted towards her body. My tactics work! She cheered inside her head. He swallowed hard and looked at her. “Hello. Are you the new recruit?” he asked. Jiyeon could sense all the eyes on her now. Despite all of that, she remained to play it cool and just let them enjoy the show. She knew how jealous they will get.

 

She nodded and turned her aegyo mode on. This will make this es learn who’s their queen. “Oh.. ye. I am. Can you show me around? I’m not even from around here to be honest,” she said with that cute puppy eyes staring at him. Myungsoo chuckled and fixed his tie, obviously he was biting the trap. He stood up and got closer to her. “Yeah, sure. It’s my pleasure,” he said as he lead her to the exit. Few of the female staffs rolled their eyes in disgust.

 

Myungsoo and Jiyeon walked around the building. He did show her around and his hand was also traveling around her body. It was very uncomfortable but she had to endure it. “Myungsoo ssi,” she called. Myungsoo stopped and stared at her.. lips. “Yeah?” he raised an eyebrow to her.

 

She looked around, checking if they’re anyone around. When the coast was clear, she pulled him closer. “I need you to kiss me, right now,” she whispered to his ear ually. It made him flinched a little, in a good way.

 

Without any words next to be exchange, he leaned closer to her and was about to kiss her lips when he felt something flowed out from his stomach. He backed away only to see his stomach was bleeding and there was a dagger stuck on his stomach. “What the..” he looked up and Jiyeon was standing there with her arms crossed and a smirk on her face. Her red lips made it looked it more wicked.

 

“Sorry Myungsoo ssi. You cant even taste my lips because it belongs to my world.”

 

She took a step closer and Myungsoo and pushed the dagger deeper inside his stomach before pulling it out and stabbed his chest to confirm the kill. After she was sure it had stabbed the correct place, she pulled it out and wiped the dagger with his handkerchief.

 

“See you in hell,” she tossed the cloth to him and walked away.

 

 

 

To be continued.

 

 

A/N: THANK YOU FOR THE SUBSCRIBE GAIS! I LOVE YOU!