chapter 2: No-fun and Anger Bomb

Stigma : Unfolding The Truth

Taehyung took off his leather jacket that was already torn at the sleeves and he also took of his cap. He stared at his own reflection in the mirror. Earlier today when he was on his mission, he tripped over a wire and one of the men managed to shoot and it hit his arm. He didn’t take any further treatment though. He did the treatment himself. Before he officially joined in the Cobra, he was actually studying medical and thought that he will have a bright future but turned out that he joined a gang instead. Though, he never regret it.

 

Baekhyun used to be in the investigation department whilst Daehyun was a born killer. He would do shooting practice when he had free time. Shooting was his hobby. Due to family problem and a bit of stories from their family background, turned out that their grandparents were assassins which worked really well with The Cobras. Therefore, to avoid their family problem and also finance, they joined the assassination world through their uncle, their father’s older brother.

 

Ever since that day, Taehyung felt that being a doctor was useless because why would he dream of saving people when he himself kills people every day for his own good. It was such a shame because he actually worked his off for the scholarship to the best university in town.

 

When he was still daydreaming, Jiyeon entered his room, only to see the boy shirtless and was unwrapping his wound. She closed the door and crossed her arms. “Don’t tell me you just got home,” Taehyung just gave her his toothy smile and grabbed the first aid in his drawer. “I had to do some runs before actually coming back home,” he said as he searched for the antibacterial cream and some bandages.

 

Jiyeon tied up her hair into a ponytail and helped Taehyung with his wound. She pushed him so that he fell on the bed and grabbed the first aid kid. She took out the antibacterial bottle, few cotton and bandages. Taehyung watched in her admiration. How can one be so calm with all of this? It was as if she was trained for all of this. She was never awkward in any practices that they had all this time. She seemed as if she knew what she was doing but then, bam, she became the clueless most adorable girl anyone had ever seen. Well, at least for him.

 

The girl blew softly on the wound while pressing the cotton softly on the wound. “You should have go to the hospital or some sorts..” she mumbled, immersed in putting the medicine on the wound. Taehyung chuckled. “I bet the workers there would be weird that I am treating a wound that was caused by a bullet,” that statement made her stopped abruptly. She stared at him, a tad mad and worried. “Don’t tell me you took out the bullet by yourself,”

 

He grinned widely, exposing his toothy smile and his eyes were smiling too. “Using my own hand!”

 

She pinched his thigh and the boy winced in pain. “What the hell was that for?” he whined. “For being such a and some freak who took out the bullet himself,” she rolled her eyes and continued on doing her work. She carefully place the bandage on on top of the wound and smiled in satisfaction once the bandage was on. She didn’t realized how close they were until their eyes met. Her stomach tied in a knot.

 

Taehyung was really handsome. His jawline was define and his hazel eyes were captivating. On the other hand, Taehyung’s heart was beating twice faster when he was dealing with his missions. Compare to his brothers, he wasn’t that Casanova but he does have his own ways with girls. However, right at that moment, he was paralyzed. They stared at each other until someone knocked on the door.

 

“Jiyeon ah, come on,”

 

Daehyun’s voice softly called for her. She quickly backed away and leaved the room without saying anything to him. Once he heard the door being closed, he threw himself on the bed, laying down, touching the bandage that was covering his wound. His heart was still beating so fast and he didn’t know why. “Ah, what the hell. Jiyeon is a nobody. Get a grip, Kim Taehyung,” he scolded himself.

 

 

--

 

 

Daehyun and Jiyeon got off from his car and entered the cafe that they will always go for breakfast. The owner was Jinyoung, one of his friends back in the days when he was not an assassin. The two took a seat by the window glass and wrote down their orders. After doing so, Jiyeon eyes instantly stared at him. Ever since the first day they met, never once Daehyun was not handsome. No matter if his hair was black nor brown nor whatever color he dye, he would still look good with it.

 

“Ya, are you making a hole pass through me?” he teased, flicking her forehead playfully. She rubbed her forehead and pouted. “Eww, no. Why would I?” she rolled her eyes, pretending to be mad. “Wasting my time,” she added, just to make the boy offended. Daehyun just smiled at her. “I’m gonna miss you lots when you’re going to Jeju soon,” he suddenly confessed and that made her heart melted somehow. This guy is so cheesy.. she said to herself, happily.

 

“It’s just for 2 days and I’ll be home in no time, “ she convinced him but he didn’t buy it. “Hahaha.. without you and Taehyungie, it would literally be me and that annoying red midget quarrel over something ridiculous such as who eats more ramyun in one day,” he rolled his eyes, making the girl laugh uncontrollably. Deep inside her heart, she knew she was going to miss Daehyun too. Ever since she got ‘kidnap’ she was never separated from Daehyun. That was one of the reasons why they kept on teasing that they’re a couple which it was obviously that Daehyun just see her as a younger sister.

 

The waitress served their orders on the table and before she left, she gave Daehyun a wink which made the boy to cough in surprised. Jiyeon just smirked at the whole situation. “You’re obviously so famous among the girls, tell me why the others kept on teasing us being a couple,” she whined. “I really can’t understand them most of the times, you know what I’m saying,” she stuffed the cake inside and took a sip on her hot Cappucino Latte.

 

Daehyun leaned in and ate the cake rather attractively then looked at her straight in the eyes. His brown eyes easily captivated hers and he smirked. “Maybe in my eyes only reflects your image?” Daehyun tried to hold back his laughter due to how cringy he sounded at that moment. Jiyeon cringed and burst out into a laughter. “YA! What are you trying to do? Oh my god, that sounded so, ewwww,” she shook her head in disapproval.

 

Most probably it was true too. He said to himself and nodded, admitting his lost. “I was just kidding, okay,” he chuckled and ate another spoon of cheesecake. “I could obviously see your future with that red head baboon,” Jiyeon’s jaw dropped and instinctively she threw the tissue at him. He just laughed at her reactions. He had always love teasing her. She was cute whenever she’s mad or sulking. Well, he had seen her during her episodes. Literally, he had seen most of her.

 

“Ya, after you come back from Jeju, you’re coming with me, okay?” Daehyun said, rather sternly. Jiyeon just shrugged. “You do remember, I have a debt to pay. My life doesn’t just get better once I am a hit-man you know,” she reminded him and that made him quiet. He looked down to his food and nodded. The brown hair boy had totally forgot about their real mission. Jung Daehyun, get a grip. This is not a game. You’ve been working so hard for this. He scolded himself.

 

The two of them continued to talk about everything with each other but for some reasons, Daehyun wasn’t as immersed as Jiyeon was. His head kept on thinking about his true mission. It can’t be that he’s giving up right now. It only had been 3 months or something. He still had a long way to go. Throughout the whole time the girl was talking, he stared at her as if there was no tomorrow. Maybe he had fallen in love or maybe this way just feeling he had whenever he got attached with someone new. It happened once before. Yoojung. She was one of the new recruits and was under his care. Daehyun was her personal trainer at that moment.

 

Jiyong had reminded them countless of times that this kind of jobs, you must put all your feelings aside. If they involve their feelings and hearts into it, it’s going to be a total disaster. Maybe I should really reminisce myself when she’s gone with Taehyungie later… he thought.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

Baekhyun was sitting on the table with all the files scattered on the table as well. For the past one hour, he had been going through the files, searching for some good jobs to do. In Baekhyun’s case, he prefers something challenging and include extravaganza entrance or leaving. He wanted to make his presence well know but on the same time, low-key so that he wouldn;t be easy to find.

 

Usually Taehyung and him would gather together and plan it all together but ever since Park No-fun was around the two of them had changed ever so obviously, it made him sick to the core. Baekhyun tossed the file he was holding to the table and heaved a sigh. It’s not that he really hates her but everyone in the household know why she joined in the first place yet everyone treat her as if she was some kind of goddess.

 

Even Bang Yongguk, the scary leader, became a softie in front of her.

 

He cracked his neck and continued on his research. He found one which was quite worthy of his energy and bullets. He grabbed the file and got out from the meeting room. He didn’t look at where he was going and bumped into Yongguk. “Wooahh, What’s your problem?” Yongguk asked with his low, hoarse voice that could drill the ground and immediately found some oil. Baekhyun remained his cool pose, even though he was shaking inside, and looked at him. “Next time, look with your eyes, not with you voice,” he said and immediately left the scene. That was the stupidest remark ever, Baekhyun. Ever.  

 

Baekhyun quickly changed his clothes into something that could blend him in with the crowd later and put on his sunglasses. He took a moment to review back his mission of the day. Ah, another CEO. I see… Kim Myunghan, 32 and often have with his secretary whenever in his office.. seems like the guy Jiyong hyung would be, he laughed at his own weird jokes. Hmm, this wouldn’t take long.  

 

The boy folded the file and kept it in the pocket of his jacket and sprinted to the door. When he was about to go out, he accidentally overheard what Seunghyun and Jiyong talked about something.

 

“It would be a pain in the if one of the triplets fall in love with her. She’s super sneaky,” Seunghyun said. From the way he was talking, Baekhyun guess that he was eating a lollipop as well.

 

“I know that. It’s so opposite with her brother. I mean, I honestly like Jimin and I can’t wait till he join the group. I wonder if he would ever join the group after knowing the truth about his sister,” Jiyong chuckled for a moment there.

 

“But,” Jiyong started again. “It would be a nice drama if one of them actually has feelings with her and, you know, like in those kind angsty- movie where the ending would be like, they would shoot each other,” he made shooting sound and laughed afterward.

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat and left the house without even bother to listen to the conversation till the end.

 

 

The red hair boy arrived in front of the company and took off his helmet, flipping his hair to the side in a very cool manner. Some of the girls who were passing by took a glance at him. Tell me, who wouldn’t when they see a man wearing something really nice but with that super outstanding hair color. He fixed his leather jacket and made his move.

 

His steps were light and relaxed but on the same time, it was scary. Not many people noticed him when he entered the building because most of the people in there were wearing quite the same clothes with him except they were in formal wear and he was wearing a leather jacket over a buttoned-up shirt. Baekhyun walked passed the main counter and slyly made his way to the stairs. He was lucky because, they weren’t many people either using the stairs because base on the information provided along in the file was that; lots of the workers would hang out at the stairs either to smoke, make out or just rest.

 

He went up to the fifth floor and got out. The floor was packed with people. Busy people. He took off his sunglasses and carefully yet confidently made his way through the corridor. Some of the workers were bowing at him as well, which made him feel honor. Ha, they don’t know what’s going to happen next..he evilly said to himself.

 

The next thing he does was just hanging at the bench. Behind the bench was where he could see the lobby. People were walking here and there. Ah, such a busy life. He commented, pretending to be sad. His right hand was ready to pull out the glock that was already attached with a silencer. His wrist watch showed that it was another 5 minutes till 6 p.m.

 

The boy observing the lobby from above and waited for the target to come out. Exactly at 6p.m, Myunghan got out along with two bodyguard by his side. Baekhyun just scoffed at him. Trying to protect yourself but too dumb to realize… he aimed right at Myungha’s head and shot twice. The bullet went through his head and he quickly hid his gun inside his pocket before anyone noticed his suspicious move. …. that the killer would be me. 

 

The place was filled with people screaming and running around in panic and that was his cue to go to the monitor room. On his way to the building earlier, he managed to went through the map of the whole building and he knew where the monitor room was. He sprinted to the room and quickly entered it before anyone sees him.

 

“What the hell?” Baekhyun raised both of his hands in the air with such expression that clearly showed that he was innocent. “I-I.. was scared that’s w-why I.. I entered this room,” he made an excuse. The two officers exchanged looks then smiled. “Oh, why didn’t you tell us earlier? Come o, let’s-” at the speed of light, he took out his gun and aimed at the officers. Instantly they took out their guns as well. “Oh, wait a second,” Baekhyun smiled crookedly and took out another gun that he tucked in his jeans. “Aha, now we are equal,” he aimed one gun each.

 

“Who the hell are you?” one of the officers asked, slightly stuttering. The red haired boy cracked his neck and glared at them. “Have you ever heard of the masquerade happened in Busan recently?”

 

They nodded.

 

“Well, that was my doings along with my other two beloved brothers,” Baekhyun took two steps forward and the officers leaned against the monitor controllers. “Ahh, this is so not fun. You guys are even worst than Park No-Fun,” Without any hesitation, he shot both of them in the head and another shot at the chest. He then stared at the monitor. The people were still screaming and panicking in the lobby. Chuckling, he shot the monitor and destroyed the tape.

 

After he was satisfied with what he did, he took out the small bottle from his jacket’s pocket. “Well, since the boss is dead, why not we make the building dead too?” he removed the cap of the bottle and began to toss the oil every inside the room and also over the dead bodies. He walked out from the room and took out the matched that was inside his jean’s pocket. After checking left and right, he light the match and tossed it inside the room before closing the door.

 

Baekhyun made a run to save his life before the building burn down. He quickly put on his helmet and rode away.

 

 

 

When the motor left the scene, a pair of eyes were trailing until his silhouette was out of sight. The person pulled her mask higher so that her face wasn’t exposed to anyone around there and smirked. “That’s right. The Kim Baekhyun that I’d known for so long. Always, always so careless,”   

 

 

 

 

 

To Be Continued. 

 

 

A/N: i'm really looking for friends here! come and let's talk with me T^T 

oh, and thank you for reading! do subscribe and comment!