Prologue; The Bartender

Stigma : Unfolding The Truth

 

 

      Jiyeon took a seat on the chair and ordered some light liquor to soothe . Things were getting out of hand and she can’t believe she’s about to lose everything. Especially when her father gambles most of the times in his life. “You looked really pissed off though. Something happened again at home?” the bartender, Jung Daehyun asked her politely but in an informal way. She looked up to meet with his gaze. Daehyun was one of the finest piece that God has made, based on her opinion. Shrugging, she just smiled bitterly.

 

“Ain’t it always,”

 

Daehyun chuckled and poured her another shot. “That one is on me,” he winked at her before resuming to make the other orders. Jiyeon watched as he made another cup of cocktail. She had been one of the most frequent customer who came to this bar and whether or not it was a coincidence, Daehyun would always be there, either to comfort her or just to treat her one of the most expensive cocktail in the rack.

 

However, things like these that kept her mind off things. She had been working day and night to pay all the debt that her father had made and there’s no way in hell she could pay 3 million USD in just 2 months. Unless, if she found some killer jobs that could cost 1.5 million a month or maybe more. If that job was killing her father, she would have done it in a blink of an eye. Sighing, she took a bold gulp on the unfamiliar cocktail that Daehyun had just made specially for her.

 

For some reasons, the cocktail made her head ached so hard. She called Daehyun and tried to focus her gaze at him. “Ya, why.. why are you so handsome?” she slurred on her words which made Daehyun laughed. She wanted to ask him something else but her brain just won’t budge. “I hate the way you smile.. ah, really hate it!” she shook her head and pouted. “Stop smiling,” she hit his hands playfully.

 

The dark haired boy just smiled. “Aigoo, look who is drunk here,” he teased as he pinched her cheeks. Jiyeon ordered for another glass and he made it in delight. Through out the night and his shift, he had listened almost all of her life problems. How her dad would gamble and come back home drunk. It was such a pity that she would get beaten up. Even if she was sleeping, her father would just barged in and harshly beat her up. Sometimes, he attempt to slap her whenever but her mom will come to save her. Just because.. honestly, even her mom wasn’t that nice to her.

 

Jiyeon has a younger brother. Not that young since he was already 16 and she was 22. he wasn’t so sure what his name was because all she called him was ChimChim.

 

His shift ended at 6 a.m and by 6.10 a.m, a car was already waited for him outside of the bar. Daehyun put her arm around his neck, and helped the girl to walk all the way to the car. A boy with red hair came out from the driver seat, opening the door for Daehyun and Jiyeon. “This is the girl?” he asked, observing her from head to toe.

 

Jiyeon snapped her fingers in front of the red hair boy and smirked. “Why? Never seen someone as pretty and dangerous like me?” she provoked the male. Baekhyun scoffed and rolled his eyes in disgust. “She doesn’t even look drunk,” he mumbled. Daehyun just smiled and let the girl got inside the car. Daehyun went inside after her.

 

“Park Jiyeon, right?” Taehyung looked at Daehyun. The older brother nodded. “Park Jiyeon indeed,” he smiled in satisfaction. “Do you think she can do all the dirty work?” Taehyung watched as Jiyeon cling onto Daehyun and purred like a cat. “Well, anyone would do anything for money,right? She’s desperate to pay all the debts. Thus, she has a brother that will be going to college soon. She felt responsible for everything that is happening right now,”

 

Baekhyun got inside the car as well and started the engine. “Whatever it is, you have to make sure she stays far, far away from me. No matter what way it is, she has to stay far away from me,” the oldest said. Taehyung chuckled at his brother’s reaction towards the whole situation.

 

“Ah, looks like we know which love story that is going to be very interesting later on,” Taehyung chuckled.

 

 

 

 

To be continued

 

 

A/N: Hello and welcome! hope you will look forward for the next chapter! been working so hard to make a comeback with a thriller/action fanfics again!!