Tentative

Ball is in Your Court
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh, my God. Can you get this way?"

"Akh!" Haechan grinned when Taeil spontaneously touched the corner of his lips with his thumb.

"Ah, sorry. Is it very painful?" The teacher was about to touch the wound again.

"Slowly, Saem..." Haechan's palm held the back of the guy’s and leaded him to gently touch the surface of Haechan's skin.

Somehow, the touch got Taeil stung. The performance of a normal cardiac pump, now got the vital beat out in a brash manner. Especially when the palm really reached Haechan’s skin.

As if there was a magnet, Taeil could not take his eyes off the private student's eyes. Being stared, Haechan smiled strangely. Replied with an embarrassed smile as Taeil took his touch off.

"Haechan, what are you guys doing inside, son? Why do you lock the door? Eomma brings your lunch." Haechan's mother's voice came from behind the door.

"Eomma, just a moment." Haechan was about to rise. And the intention was thwarted by Taeil who swiftly stood up and stepped toward the door. Opened it, and found the figure of a woman bringing a tray containing a large and a small glass. All that for Haechan, because Taeil was already served a lot of food before entering this room earlier.

"Thank you, Madam." Taeil said when he received the tray in his hand.

She smiled and went back to kitchen.

After placing the tray on the table, Taeil held out a large glass in front of Haechan. The glass contained porridge and there was a big straw on it.

"Looks like your wound is so bad so you have to eat this way."

"I can’t open my mouth too wide. So yeah... just like this."

A gap of pause filled the emptiness as Haechan sipped his food slowly. They both stared at the pile of 'heavyweight' books in front of them.

"What's about your soccer club in school? You're the captain, right? When you left, there must be a lot of significant changes." Taeil opened a topic. Trying to unleash the gems.

Haechan smiled thinly, "Not really. I gave my position to Jaemin. Now he’s the captain. And I'm sure he can run it well. I just met him. Saw him playing soccer normally." A sweet smile formed by the formality of circumstances.

Taeil with a smile in relief, "Good then. Sounds a relief. So, it won’t make you and your friends burdened."

Haechan again sipped the porridge.

Taeil the top of Haechan's head, "May heal soon."

Suddenly the boy felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter