Jumping Judas

Ball is in Your Court
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One of the places he passed on the journey was a vast field. A variety of sports and games were played there by several groups of children up to teenagers.

He immediately coughed when a ball hit right in his stomach and got him step backward two steps.

How could the ball get to the paved road Haechan was currently passing through?

“Don’t you wanna beat us today, Lee Donghyuck?” One of the soccer players shouted. Yep, he was someone who had just kicked the ball out loud. And he said so because Haechan was always competitive and did not want to lose. In this case, soccer. They were rivals both in school and outside. And they always showed displeasure with each other.

Haechan smiled bitterly.

“Never mind Chani. Don’t disturb him. You know what’s happening to him.” Jaemin’s hand moved slowly to push the kid’s chest as he said it. No shouting, but Haechan could hear his voice.

Chani spluttered, “Let’s fight, coward! If you refuse, then you lose.” He still teased Haechan deliberately. Jaemin could only roll the eyeballs in the face of his friend’s annoying behavior.

Haechan firmly clenched a hand that did not hold the biscuit. He then kicked the ball, intending to return it to the field. Chani accepted the ball by stepping on it as the round object rolled smoothly toward him.

“Congratulations on your victory.” Haechan said without excitement.

“Hey. What the hell is this?” Chani said unbelievably.

Haechan did not care this time. It was better to be cowarded than anything bad happened to him.

“He’s really unpleasant.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter