Man of His Word

Ball is in Your Court
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-oO-Man of His Word-Oo-

Mark knew. Taking the beloved boy to the infirmary was not a good thing. He was sure there was no one knew about Haechan’s condition –carrying the creature in his body- for the time being. If the school doctor examined the pregnant boy, we could be sure the doctor would know. Although Mark could ask the doctor not to tell this to anyone, anyway. He thought it was too risky.

So here he was now. All-white room scented hospital typical medicine. Still waiting for the unconscious lover on the inpatient room bed.

He was not alone. Which he believed few hours ago was he should immediately contact Haechan’s parents once he managed to take his boyfriend to the hospital.

Haechan’s mother relentlessly and anxiously paid attention to her son’s peaceful face while clutching one of the boy’s hand. Haechan’s father who behave more calmly, trying to soothe his wife as well. Assuring what the doctor said a few minutes ago was true. That Haechan and the baby were fine.

Yep, the baby who had lived for 15 weeks was still growing healthily since Haechan kept it well over the time. Haechan just needed a rest, especially after he was exhausted and depressed.

Mark who was still in the same room with the little family stared them guiltily. Previously he was sorry. And after facing this case, the penitence was spreading more widely to the entire body surface.

Instantly Mark felt like he was amnesia. He forgot how annoying Haechan during this time. Asking for a lot of things. Asking Mark to drive him to and fro. Asking Mark to do this and that. If Mark refused, then Haechan would sulk. But Mark did not care. He was bored. Being bored to have a lover who always stuck to him wherever he went. Being bored to have a lover who always set him in many ways. Being bored to have a very disturbing lover. He wanted Haechan to go away from his life. If Haechan would not, he would. Doing anything to avoid facing to face with him. He therefore had to turn and stay away. And he did not understand why he still wanted to have a love relationship interwoven status with Haechan?

But forget it. That was just Mark’s thought before Jeno told him about Haechan’s conditions. He himself did not think Haechan turned out carrying a heavy load in his life.

When Haechan ran to every corner where the possibility of Mark was, he intended to invite Mark to bear the burden together. But once he believed Mark avoiding him on purpose, he was desperate. He has a self-aware with his attitude, nature, and treatment to Mark during this time certainly has been growing resentment. So in the end he decided to surrender and intended to bear it all alone. Useless to search, find, tell, and force Mark. Those all would not end well.

But Mark turned out not that negative as Haechan imagined. Now that Mark actually wanted to always be by his side.

Eager to.

Mark just needed to be told this time Haechan was pregnant with their child. That was all.

Haechan’s father invited Mark to speak privately in the hospital corridor. With a feeling of not willing, Mark was forced to leave his boyfriend alone with the middle-aged woman.

In a deserted corridor, two men sat side by side on a bench. Middle-aged man stared straight ahead. The younger one flung the view to the floor.

“I understand. Really do. Haechan is very annoying boy. He’s chatty, ignorant, and very disturbing.” Haechan’s father started a topic. He carved a sad smile no one would notice there. Only a spontaneity. He was so relived how he and his wife were so overwhelmed by his son’s mischievous behavior over the years. If he himself as his parent was just overwhelmed, what made him think Mark as his lover would not be tired more than it?

Outside, Mark’s body trembled slightly. Inside, his heart raced as bras

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter