Chapter 2

Assassination Squad

"Go away Thailand girl! You don't belong here! I don't even know why Madam Seo took you in!" Following that, a strand of profanities and sobbing followed.

"Ladies and gentleman... Who gave you the permission to bully my little Lisa?" A sweet voice laced with venom was heard by the crowd of bullies.

"J-Jisoo... Why do you protect this foreigner so much!" One of them complained, pointing fingers at the poor girl.

"Nobody should be treated this way! We all experience the same thing didn't we?! That's why we landed here! In this place! An orphanage! What gives you the right to bully someone who suffered a similar past! Stop bothering her now and go back to your beds!" Jisoo, the oldest girl in their wing of the mansion berated, making everyone hang their heads low and dragged their feet back to their rooms, leaving only Jisoo with the poor girl. The sobbing became more prominent when it was silent. Just as Jisoo was facing Lisa, two boys passed by them quickly.

"Lisa.. It's alright now... Calm down sweetie." Jisoo hugged the little figure tightly and drew comforting circles around her back until the sobbing subsided.

"U-Unnie... T-Thank y-you..." Lisa mumbled with her broken korean.

"Hehe! You're so cute! I told you before we're friends already! Stop wandering around alone! If you want to walk around, at least find Jennie or Chaeyoung to accompany you, okay?" Jisoo smiled gently as she pulled the young girl of age 8 up on her feet.

"Come on, let's go back to our room! It's late already. We should go to bed.  But first, wipe your tears, and smile for me." Jisoo coaxed. The young brunette nodded and wiped her tears away along with her long bangs that almost covered her eyes with the back of her hand and beamed. Her eyes shining big and bright.

"That's more like it! Let's go!" With that, Jisoo held Lisa's hand and walked back to their shared room.

~~~

"Chaeyoung! Jennie! We're back!" Jisoo announced loudly as she pushed open the door to their room.

"Ah! Madam Seo! Sorry for the noise!" The kind gentle woman stood in the center of the room, back facing both girls.

"Ah, you're back. Jisoo ah, have you seen any of the troublemakers? I think I saw two of them escaping here." Madam Seo turned around to face the oldest.

"No I haven't. They're causing you trouble again?" Jisoo asked, crossing her arms. The infamous troublemakers can sometimes be more childish then the children here at their wing.

"Yeah. They skipped classes again. I'm so done with them." Madam Seo sighed.

"Lisa?" Jisoo felt the girl beside her nudging her elbow.

"The kitchen." Lisa mumbled, voice soft as a mouse.

"You mean you saw the troublemakers run in the direction of the kitchen?" Jisoo interpreted and Lisa nodded.

"Woah! Thanks Lisa! I'll be sure to catch them! Have fun girls!" Madam Seo smiled at the girls like a mother before rushing towards the direction of the kitchen.

"Immature brats. To think they're our oppa." Jisoo mumbled before leading Lisa towards her bunk bed shared with Chaeyoung.

"Lisa! You got bullied again?!" a girl with her brown hair tied up in a ponytail said a little too loudly, scaring the poor maknae.

"Jennie unnie! You're too loud!" Another girl said. She had natural dark orangey hair.

"Right. Sorry. Anyway, Lisa next time you want to go out, call me okay?" Jennie pat Lisa's shoulder reassuringly and straighten her short black hair fondly with her fingers.

"Call me too!" The other girl raised her hand a little too enthusiastically.

"Chaeyoung, your Korean is not that fluent. What if you get picked on as well?" Jisoo said, concerned.

"I'm alright, unnies. Thank you." Lisa beamed when she saw that she is blessed with three unnies to take care of her at a time when she felt so lonely.

"That's good! How's your dance course coming along?" Jennie asked, switching the topic.

"Pretty well I think. I love it." Lisa said a little more confidently, thinking of dance makes her comfortable.

"Me too! Cheer leading sure is fun! Shall I show you my split?" Chaeyoung grinned.

"Not now Chaeyoung. Let's all have some rest. We have a test tomorrow." Jisoo yawned, stood and walked towards her own bunk.

"Hehhh.... Okay then. How's archery?!?!  Is it fun?!" Climbing up to the upper bunk, Chaeyoung can't help but ask.

"Pretty darn tiring. I just want to be like Lisa now." Jennie joked as everyone turned towards Lisa, who was sleeping so soundly that the unnies chuckle at the sight of it.

"Good night!~" and the light went off.

 

 

Thank you for all the love!!! I can't say how touched I am when I woke up to 4 subscribers and 50 views!! Thank you!! Sorry guys but the next update will be on 1st December. Please look forward to it!!!

-Yuui-