Chapter 11

Assassination Squad

"Oppa, why do we have to move here? And where did you get the money from?" Jennie questioned suspiciously. Unlike what the boys expected, Jennie and Jisoo were wary and suspicious when they were suddenly moved from a broken down flat to a decent home with the right facilities to live in.

"Yeah! And why do we have to quit school?" Jisoo chimed in, placing her hands on her hip.

"It's for your safety." Seunghyun merely said, brushing off their questions as he hauled his large suitcase in.

"What safety? I'm pretty sure we're safe there." Jennie argued, finding the reason her oppa gave ridiculous.

"There have been reported cases of molesters around the district there in Gangnam. So we decided to move here instead, in Seoul." Youngbae piped in as he heaved in one big bag of stuff.

"Okay... If that's the case. But why quit school?!" Jennie huffed once as she stood beside the door, holding it open.

"The school's not safe too, since it's in the vicinity." This time Seunghyun answered, lying smoothly.

"Is it that serious? I mean, like we're the only ones that moved." Jisoo frowned, thinking that something was off.

"And one more thing. Oppa, where did get all these money?" Jennie stretched her hands to point at everywhere. Basically, the house.

"We found a pretty nice job. This house was sponsored by them. They wanted us to stay near the company." Seunghyun said, plonking down on the recliner. It wasn't the exact truth but it wasn't false either.

"Is that true, Jiyong oppa?" Jennie asked when the youngest oppa stepped in after paying the taxi driver. Everyone knew that Jiyong was the worst in lying.

"Y-Yeah.. It's the truth. Hahahaha...." Jiyong laughed dryly. The reason was partly true so Jiyong was able to lie. The girls weren't entirely convinced.

"Seriously! It's the truth! Why won't you girls trust us?" Seunghyun aegyoed after a moment of silence.

"Eww, oppa. You at doing aegyo." Jisoo did it.

"YAH! Kim Jisoo!! What did you just say?!" Seunghyun punched the arm rest and stood up, face contorted in fake anger.

"Nothing oppa~" the older girl giggled before running to one of the rooms down the hallway and locked herself in.

"Safe...." Her voice was muffled behind the door.

"Yah! Kim Jisoo! You better don't come out!" Seunghyun threatened as he pumped his fists on her door.

"Neh!!" Came her reply.

"Aishh... How old are you already, hyung. Stop fooling around." Youngbae sighed, as Jennie and Jiyong chuckled.

"Jennie, get your stuff and unpack it with Jisoo." Youngbae called as the youngest nodded, bringing one of their bags into the room where Jisoo hid. After the girls were safely behind the doors did the boys dared to speak.

"Ji! You better learn how to lie! You're going to be an assassin for God's sake!" Seunghyun whispered harshly as he returned to his recliner.

"I'll try." Jiyong murmured from the long couch.

"Are we really going to be safe here?" Jiyong asked softly.

"Maybe. It'll be hard to take the girls out since boss told us that we cannot use our real names in public." Youngbae replied, taking the seat on the one-seater couch opposite Seunghyun.

"I think we have a need to tell the girls the truth." Seunghyun said suddenly, his eyes unfocused, indicating that he's thinking.

"What?! Then what's the point of lying just now?" Jiyong responded, not minding his volume.

"Keep your voice down Ji!" Youngbae sent a glare towards the youngest boy.

"I'm sorry. But for all seriousness, I...... Don't think we should tell them." Jiyong stated his opinion.

"Why? You can't hide forever Ji. We can't hide the fact that we're assassins forever you know." Seunghyun reasoned. Jiyong bit his bottom lip, frowning.

"But don't you think they're too innocent for the truth yet?" Jiyong argued.

"They will have to find out the truth some time Ji! The earlier the better!"

"I'd rather they find out as late as possible!"

"Ji! You're not being practical! Have you not thought that if our enemies found out that we have sisters with us and target them instead of us?! Do you not know the consequences?"

The argument was getting heated up and none of the two cared about their volume anymore, nor the fact that Youngbae wasn't seated with them anymore.

"Enough!! The both of you!" Youngbae's voice cut through their argument.

"There's no point arguing anymore. They know it already." Youngbae's voice made them turn around and they saw Jennie and Jisoo grabbing the end of Youngbae's shirt at each side, trembling slightly. Youngbae had both arms slung around each girl and pulled them in for protection. Seunghyun and Jiyong could only stare speechless at both girls. They regret their argument immediately after seeing the unshed tears forming.

"I'm sorry you had to witness this, Jennie, Jisoo." Seunghyun was the first one to apologise. The oldest walked closer to the girls and Youngbae before kneeling down.

"It's Seunghyun oppa's fault. Please don't be scared of me." Being at the same eye level with the girls, Seunghyun reached his hands out and place them on their cheeks, caressing softly. Although the girls flinched a little upon contact, they were soothed by the gentle action along with Youngbae's comforting squeeze on their shoulders. They nodded slowly.

"I'm sorry too. That must've scared you girls." Jiyong joined Seunghyun by the side and knelt down as well. With Jiyong's earnest feelings that were conveyed through the eyes, the girls nodded again and smiled softly, making the oppas sigh in relief.

"How about you tell us the truth now?" Jisoo spoke up after wiping her unshed tears away roughly.

"Yeah." Jennie agreed as she held her sister's hand.

"Okay... I guess we have no choice." Seunghyun exchanged glances with Jiyong beside him and Youngbae above him before nodding to their request. The boys lead them to the couch and started their 'story telling' which was quite short as it happened not too long ago.

~~~

"Boss, why did you agree to let them in? It's not like you to accept them so readily without a test." Teddy questioned when only him and Yang Hyun Suk were left in the office.

"I see potential. Huge potential. You don't get it Teddy. There's something more to them. And I know it." YG answered as he tapped his pen on the table rhythmically, the sound resounding through the room as it is the sole sound maker in the room except for their breathing. The tapping of the pen reminds one of a clock that never stops. Unless one forces it to break or it breaks itself. Teddy frowned at the boss's actions, confused. YG smiled.

~~~

"What?! Assassins?!" Jennie and Jisoo chorused. It came as a shock and a surprise. Although they had overheard it in Jiyong's and Seunghyun's argument, the astonishment was still there. It was hard to believe.

"Yes. So that's why we are concern about your safety." Youngbae nodded, expecting the given reaction from the girls.

"So are you alright with it?" Jiyong asked carefully, observing their next reaction.

"YEAH! That's so cool oppa!! Can we join??" Jisoo jumped up suddenly, shocking the boys.

"No no no no. You can't. Stay here okay. We can't risk anymore." Jiyong refused hurriedly, canceling Jisoo's hope.

"What? Why? Being an assassin is cool!" Jisoo pouted.

"Kim Jisoo! You're a 12 year old! Stop fooling around! Stay at home and stop making us worry!!" Seunghyun almost shouted, shutting Jisoo up and made her sit down timidly.

"Seunghyun hyung's right Jisoo. We don't want to lose anyone of you anymore." Youngbae nodded seriously.

"But we don't want to lose you either, oppa." Jennie mumbled, turning the atmosphere somber immediately.

"We are going to be alright, Jennie. We promised our maknaes that we won't die until we find them. So, we won't die, and you won't lose us either." Jiyong broke the silence.

"That's right. And to ensure both of your safeties, we'll make you learn martial arts for self defense, okay? And you're strictly not a part of the Family." Youngbae said and both girls nodded.

"But staying at home all day would be boring as hell." Jennie complained cutely, easing the tensed air.

"Hmmm... Find a way to kill your own time then." Youngbae chuckled before standing up and left for the kitchen. The girls turn to Jiyong and Seunghyun.

"Don't ask me. I don't know." Jiyong shrugged.

"Maybe you can eat ice cream? That's the best way to kill time. For me that is." Seunghyun grinned. Everyone deadpanned.

"This can't be!!" Both girls groaned together.

~~~

"So it's true after all..."

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! 

-Yuui-