Chapter 3

Assassination Squad

December. The month of whiteness. The month of joy for the kids. Watching the falling snow touch the ground and piling up is enough for the orphans to feel joy. As if on cue, the mansion's garden is piled up with snow and crowded with children. The soft and cold precipitation brought warmth to the orphanage. Children from both wings meet at the front of the mansion covered warmly from head to toe. IT'S GAME TIME!

"Take this!!"

"Bleh!!"

"Yucks!!"

"Snow tastes bad!"

Snowball fights ensued among boys across the huge garden while non active girls proceed to roll up tons of snow just to make an artificial figure called the snowman.

"Guys, how about another round? The first person that gets hit by the snowball loses." Jiyong suggested to their group of five.

"The usual?" Seunghyun eyes the rest.

"Yeah! Daesung hyung will be on my team!" Seungri nodded quickly.

"No! Dae will be on my team!" Jiyong protested childishly which Seungri returned.

"Alright, alright. How about I switch with Daesung? Is that okay with you, Ri?" Youngbae asked, trying to mediate the situation.

"Hehhhh... Okay then! Youngbae hyung we better win!" Seungri laughed as the others sighed. With that, the groups split up, forming their strategies.

"Hyung, do you have any strategy?" Seungri whispered as they walked towards a huge boulder.

"Nope. We're usually the ones hunting you guys remember?" Youngbae shrugged.

"What?! I don't have one too! Dae hyung's always the one who plans our route!" Seungri almost shouted in despair, knowing that they'll lose for sure.

"Relax. They're not good in long range shooting. We'll hide and hit them!" Youngbae announced his plan.

"...... Seriously hyung? That's all?" The younger looked at his hyung in disbelief.

"I shouldn't have let Dae hyung go!" Seungri slapped himself lightly.

"Am I really that bad?!"

"Yes!"

"Why you?!" And Seungri ended up getting head locked by the older.

"O-okay! S-sorry hyung! Let go!" Seungri struggled underneath Youngbae's arms.

"Tch. We should hide now. Come on Ri, climb that tree. And I'll hide there." Youngbae pointed at the other bulky tree.

"No! No! Hyung listen! I think I'll distract them by running. I promise I won't get hit. You'll hide and find an opening and strike either one of them okay? But since there are three of them, you must be alert to not get caught." Seungri said seriously.

"Ohh! So you learnt something from Daesung huh."

"Duh. Of course! We're not gonna win if we follow your plan! Daesung hyung would have predicted that already!"

"Okay then, I'll hide first."

"Wait! Don't hide on the tree. They'll know."

"Then where?"

"Ummm.... There! You see that statue over there?"

"But that's so far!"

"I'll lure them to you."

"You sure you're not gonna get hit?"

"Of course! See you hyung!"

With that, Seungri rolled a snowball with his hands and ran towards where the others hide. The trio didn't even bother to stay hidden. The three person group had always been the hunter. So seeing Seungri dashing towards them alone smells weird.

"Where's Youngbae?" Jiyong asked, confused when he saw the maknae heading their direction alone.

"Probably hiding somewhere. Be alert." Daesung warned, but he was smiling.

"I guess Riri learned well." Daesung smiled to himself.

"Well, what's the plan Dae?" Seunghyun asked.

"He's fast. Jiyong hyung and I will try to hit him but it'll be near impossible. So Seunghyun hyung you look for Youngbae hyung. Be careful though. You should know why." Daesung related the plan in a whisper. Seunghyun nodded. Everyone knew that Youngbae had deadly aim. Every 'prey' he had would not be missed. With that, the trio headed off.

Seungri noticed that Seunghyun wasn't aiming for him and was looking for his hyung. Eyeing the statue, he skillfully lured his hyungs to the bushes to make them think that Youngbae was there. As expected, Jiyong and Daesung were wary in closing in on the bush. Concentrating on the bush, they neglected their back.

"Oh no! Turn hyung!" Daesung realized at the last minute when Seungri popped out and grinned at them. But it was too late.

*Splat*

The snowball hit them right at the back.

*Splat*

Seunghyun's snowball hit Youngbae a tad too late.

"We won!!!" Seungri jumped out of the bush and rushed over to Youngbae.

"Hyung! Hyung! We won!!" Seungri was elated and so was Youngbae.

"Yeah! I can't believe this!! Daebak! Maknae ah!" Youngbae grabbed Seungri's hand and danced around, leaving the rest to sulk.

"How can this happen again?!?!?!" Jiyong plonked down on the soft snow, devastated.

"Yah! Maknae! Go fetch some food!" Jiyong pointed angrily.

"Okay! I'm hungry anyway." Maknae was oblivious to the dragon's anger and skipped off.

"I'm coming too!" Daesung followed the maknae.

~~~ 20 minutes later

"RIINNNGGGGGGG!!!" The fire alarm went off.

 

Ish 12am+ already in my country! So it's 1st December!! Yay! As promised, the updated chapter!!

-Yuui-