Chapter 4

Assassination Squad

~~~ Earlier On

"Lisa! Come on! Let's go out to play!" Chaeyoung squealed.

"I-It's okay... I like to stay in." Lisa mumbled, wrapping herself with blankets.

"Hehhhhh! But it's snowing! It'll be fun! Jisoo unnie and Jennie unnie said to find them downstairs after their practice!" Chaeyoung tried to pull Lisa out of her bed.

"I-I.. don't like the snow..." Lisa mumbled once more, lifting her eyes to look at her unnie.

"You don't like snow? You serious? Hah.... Okay then. I'll get you something to eat?" Chaeyoung finally relented, looking outside at the snow longingly.

"I'll go with you." Lisa smiled a little and took Chaeyoung's outstretched hand before walking towards the direction of the kitchen.

~~~

"Mmm? Where's the chef?" Chaeyoung pushed open the double doors to the kitchen to find the place empty of human life.

"Maybe somewhere else. Nevermind we'll just find something in the fridge." Chaeyoung answered her own question and walked towards the humongous fridge which contained all sorts of frozen food.

"Ehhh... There are no snacks here.... Well there are some eggs, I could whip up some omelettes." Chaeyoung, despite her young age knows how to cook which her mother taught her before she came to the orphanage. Picking up a few eggs, Chaeyoung brought a stool so that she could reach the stove. Lisa helped to pass her unnie the heavy pan and the spatula. Soon, the crackling sound of oil resounded through the silent kitchen. Pouring the seasoned egg mixture in, Chaeyoung stirred the mixture carefully until it turns solid on the outside and runny in the inside. Passing Chaeyoung the plate, Lisa ran to get utensils excitedly and both girls sat at the back of the kitchen to share the simple yet delicious meal.
Just as they started to dig in, two boys barged through the kitchen door.

"Chef-ssi!" Seungri shouted. The girls stiffened as they haven't heard that voice before at their wing.

"Ri! You're too loud! There are girls here!" Daesung pointed out. Eyeing the girls, Seungri let out an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry! Didn't see you girls here! Are those eggs?" Seungri brightened at the plate the girls were holding.

"Y-yeah.." Chaeyoung answered nervously. She  hadn't speak to the older boys before.

"Hi! I'm Seungri! And this is Daesung hyung!" Seungri introduced.

"C-Chaeyoung and Lisa."

"Okay! Nice to meet you! Is there anything to eat here?" Seungri looked around and spotted the refrigerator.

But before anyone could answer, an unpleasant ring rang through the whole mansion.

"RIIINNNNGGGGGG!!!!" The fire alarm. Chaeyoung turned to the stove. It's off. So it's not their fault. The mansion is on fire.

"The fire alarm!! Let's get out of here!" Daesung said urgently. The other three nodded immediately. Getting up, the four maknaes head to the entrance of the kitchen. To their dismay, the fire originated near the kitchen so both pathways were blocked from access.

"Hyungs! Hyungs! Are they alright?!" Seungri suddenly remembered. But the unbearable heat forced them to retreat back to the kitchen.

"I'm sure they are. We have to get out of this place first!" Everyone was sweating profusely. The metal utensils and cookery are not helping to keep the kitchen cool. Chaeyoung was hugging Lisa tightly, frightened for their lives.

"W-We can try the back door." Lisa managed out. And the boys immediately ran towards the back and kicked the metal door. But it was locked from the outside.

"What to do now?! The fire is spreading!!" Seungri shouted urgently. The flames were the entrance of the kitchen already, engulfing the counter and soon the refrigerator. What worsened the situation is the electricity running.

"GET DOWN!!" Daesung suddenly shouted before an explosion occurred near the entrance and sent everyone  lying on the ground. The kitchen was drowned in darkness.

"Look! A stream of light!" Chaeyoung pointed out when she raised her head from the ground. With darkness engulfing the area and only the fire lighting up the area with an angry orange hue, the warm sunlight became more prominent that is streaming down from a window beside the cupboard.

"It's too small!! We can't climb through!" Seungri looked at the tiny hope they had.

"No! Chaeyoung, Lisa, you girls can climb through it right?" Daesung snapped his head towards the girls. Eyeing the size of the window, Chaeyoung and Lisa nodded their head.

"Great! We'll help you. Climb on our shoulders." Daesung urged urgently. With the fire burning behind them, Chaeyoung and Lisa had no choice but to stepped onto the older boys' shoulders and climbed out of the window. Chaeyoung as a cheerleader, is used to jumping from high places, so she landed on the outside gracefully. However, Lisa unfortunately sprained her ankle when she landed. Without wasting anymore time, Chaeyoung unlocked the door from outside and freed the boys.

"WOAHH!! THAT WAS CLOSE!!" Seungri in a deep breath, relishing the fresh air the nature provided.

"We almost got burnt alive!!" Daesung shook his head in disbelief.

"BOOM!" Another explosion sent them tumbling forward.

"Lisa! You okay?" Chaeyoung asked in concern.

"I sprained my ankle." The youngest grimaced when she attempted to move her ankle.

"I'll carry her." Daesung offered kindly.

"It's okay! I-I can walk..." Lisa rejected weakly but her ankle really hurts a lot.

"No need to be embarrassed! Come on, get on my back." Daesung flashed an angel smile at the maknae of the group and bent down.

"T-Thank you..." Lisa mumbled her thanks in embarrassment and wrapped her arms around Daesung's neck. Together, the four orphans looked at their only home being burnt down and destroyed completely by the hungry fire that continued to devour the mansion. Who would do such a thing?

"Let's treat Lisa's leg in the forest. She'll need some rest." Daesung suggested as the rest agreed. They walked into the forest and disappeared, not knowing their future and.... the way back.

 

Hellooooo!! Updated chapter ish here!! Hope you enjoyed it!

-Yuui-