Chapter 6

Assassination Squad

~~~ 2 years after the incident

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU GIVE UP?!" Jiyong practically screamed it into the face of the police officer.

"Jiyong... Calm down." Seunghyun gritted his teeth. Even though that was what Seunghyun said, he made no move to stop the boy. It took all the strength in his body to stop himself from acting like Jiyong.

"It's been 2 years sir. I know it's hard to accept it but it has already been 2 years since the fire.  If they were alive, we should have been able to find them." The officer stated calmly, not budging from his spot even when Jiyong fisted the collar of his uniform.

"I DON'T CARE! THAT'S THE POLICE'S PROBLEM! EVEN IF THEY ARE DEAD, WHERE'S THE CORPSE? HUH?" Jiyong screamed again, losing his composure. It took two other officers to pry Jiyong off the victim.

"We have done our best, Jiyong-ssi. The police have been sending our people to search for them everyday without fail these 2 years by your request. But there isn't any news at all. I'm afraid..." The police officer said sympathetically, and the boys got the message even before he finished his sentence.

"FINE! Since you useless police officers can't do the job, we'll do it ourselves!!" Jiyong pulled himself free from the grip and roughly exited the police station, fuming mad. Seunghyun following closely behind.

"Jiyong..." Seunghyun called out after they stomped out of the station. Jiyong stopped.

"Hyung....! How could they!! How could they give up so easily?!?!" Jiyong's eyes were b with tears. Angry tears.

"I know. We won't give up easily. Like you said, we'll continue the search. Come on, stop crying." Seunghyun walked up to the younger boy and embraced him, drawing circles comfortingly on his back.

"But how.....?" The voice was laced with anger, sadness and hopeless.

"We'll discuss this with Youngbae. Let's go home first. Don't tell the girls about this." Seunghyun said firmly as Jiyong nodded. The walk home was silent.

~~~

"We're home!!" Jiyong shouted cheerfully. It was enough to fool the girls but not enough to escape Youngbae's ears.

"Oppa!!" Jennie and Jisoo ran towards both boys to give them a welcome hug.

"How've you girls been?" Seunghyun smiled, patting Jisoo on the head.

"Fine!! How was it?! Have the police found our maknaes?!" Jennie answered from Jiyong's arms.

"Umm.. The police..." Jiyong stumbled over his words, not sure what to say. He glanced at Seunghyun, seeking SOS.

"The police said that it'll just be awhile more before they find them." Seunghyun lied smoothly, nodding at Jiyong.

"Y-yeah.. The police did say that." Jiyong said fakely, but the innocent girls bought it.

"Really? I hope so... I miss my dongsaengs..." Jisoo freed herself from Seunghyun's arms and let her eyes fall to the ground.

"Me too..." Jennie did the same. Sensing the gloomy atmosphere, Jiyong changed the topic.

"Where's your Youngbae oppa?" Jiyong questioned.

"In the kitchen! Oppa says dinner will be ready in a few minutes!" Jennie then led both boys to the dining room which was actually the living room. With limited money earned from odd jobs, the children can only afford a small flat and squeezed all of them inside.

"Dinner's ready!!" Youngbae walked into the living room with a tray of food. Most of them are canned food. The only home cooked one is the huge bowl of chicken soup in the middle.

"Uwah!! Chicken! Chicken!" Jisoo shouted joyfully as she eyed the chicken soup.

"Dig in!!" Youngbae smiled as everyone picked up their chopsticks and started devouring his food.

~~~

"Let's go outside." Seunghyun whispered as the boys nodded. Taking one last glance at the girls sleeping in a corner, they locked the door softly and headed out.

"So, what happened?" Youngbae asked as they walked along the cold streets of Seoul. Seunghyun and Jiyong then proceeded to tell the 'mum' of their group what happened at the station.

"Okay... I should've guessed." Youngbae surprisingly took the news quite well.

"I'm just so pissed off right now." Jiyong crossed his arms in frustration.

"No point getting pissed off. The point now is how are we going to continue the search." Seunghyun sighed as they took a seat at the bench at the nearby park. The three boys breathed in deeply at the fresh cold air as they looked up at the starry skies. After much silence, Jiyong spoke hesitantly.

"Umm... I might have an idea." Jiyong started.

"Say it." His best friend urged.

".......If the light doesn't help us, we can..... go for the dark." Jiyong said, looking back down.

"What?!? Jiyong, you don't mean?" Youngbae snapped his head to his friend, eyes wide.

"Yes, that's what I mean." Jiyong sighed, already anticipating the given reaction.

"Seriously? Do we have to resort to that method?" Youngbae ruffled his own hair, frustrated.

"What do you say, hyung?" Jiyong asked the silent Seunghyun.

"Maybe we should...." Seunghyun mumbled thoughtfully, eyes still glued to the sky.

"Do we really have to? I mean, it could be dangerous." Youngbae's motherly instincts kicked in.

"I know. But we have no choice. We don't have a single clue on where to start." Seunghyun said again, eyes finally turning towards both younger boys.

"That's true.." Youngbae had no choice but to agree with what Seunghyun said. It was the truth after all.

"So it's settled? We can go look for one right now. It's dark." Jiyong stood up and looked forward.

"Well, we can. But I don't know how." Youngbae joined his friend at his side.

"I know one. It's a small one, but if we built it up, we could take over it." Seunghyun suddenly suggested, making two pair of eyes turn back.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go hyung!" Jiyong grinned at the older and pulled him up on his feet. Seunghyun returned the grin and nodded, leading the way.

~~~

"Wow. It's dark." Jiyong stated plainly at the sight in front of him. They were in front of a tunnel, apparently hidden by trees and foliage.

"How do you know this place, hyung?" Youngbae asked in surprise as Seunghyun led them here like he has been here many times before. The tunnel was hidden to a human's eye, but when Seunghyun lifted a twig nearby, the foliage cleared and a tunnel showed.

"My cousin works here." Seunghyun merely said as he led the way in. They walked in silence as they reached a lasered gate entrance. Seunghyun pressed the button beside the gate.

"....... WHO MIGHT IT BE?" Buzzing was heard before a voice connected and the boys heard it throughout the basement. It was impossible to pinpoint where the voice came from.

"It's me. Choi Seunghyun." Seunghyun called out, loud and clear.

"AH... SEUNGHYUN AH. AND I SEE YOU BROUGHT FRIENDS?" The voice boomed again, alarming both Jiyong and Youngbae. Both boys turned their heads all over the place but they find no one.

"Yeah. We have business here." Seunghyun answered back.

"ALRIGHT THEN. COME TO THE OFFICE IMMEDIATELY." With that, the voice disconnected with a buzz. The lasers disappeared as soon as the voice was cut off. The boys walked in. Seunghyun walked through the maze of white walls like he knew every way around before they arrived at a white door. Before Seunghyun turned the knob, he smiled firmly at both Jiyong and Youngbae. Seunghyun pushed and entered.

"Ah... Seunghyun ah... Long time no see..."

 

Hello!! Imma back~ Thankful for all your support!! Anyways on a side note, Bigbang's comeback date ish soooo near!! I can't wait for it!! ^^ ps. Why can I not color my words :( I want my orange.

-Yuui-