#4 Jealousy (Part 2)

Maknae Line is a Challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Jealousy (Part 2) 

 

 Another example could be Mina's case.

 As if being a girl, dating a pretty girl who had a lot of pretty classmates and was a music idol with lots of fans wasn't enough, add a stunning looking friend to the list.That was above difficult.

 Not even her more hardcore games' "Legendary" level could compare to those moments when Chaeyoung would talk about or with Somi.

 Seriously.

 Mina understood, they were really good friends and all. But this was ridiculous. Chaeyoung and Somi had been facetiming everyday this week, Mina didn't even know what they talked about, didn't they get tired? Didn't Somi have schedules, school, something that could keep her away from her girlfriend? Apparently, the answer was no.

 Really it was fine by Mina... Until one day she had too much.

 They were schedules free, so they could do whatever they wanted for the rest of the day. Mina had the little hope of spending the day with Chaeyoung, her girlfriend.

 But apparently her and Somi had other plans.

"ChaengCaheng~" Mina said cutely once she stepped into the maknaes' room, where Chaeyoung was alone.

"Hey baby" she smiled brightly making Mina's heart skip a beat.

"Wanna go somewhere today? Maybe for a walk, to the park or anywhere you like" Mina suggested looking very enthusiastic.

"Uuh, sorry Minari, I can't" Chaeyoung apologized.

"Oh, that's okay" Mina was disappointed

"Too much homework?" She joked.

"Aniyo, I'm going to facetime with Somi"

"Oh... Okay" Mina left the room without saying anything more.

 Chaeyoung was confused, did she say something wrong? Before she could give much thought to it her phone rang.

 Mina heard Chaeyoung happily talking with Somi on the phone. She left out a sad sigh.

 She wanted to be angry, she really did, but she could only feel sadness and disappointment. She was really looking forward to this day. There'll be no Nayeon around since she'll probably be out with Jeongyeon, Jihyo really wasn't that annoying, she'll probably even suggest places to go. Mina felt sad. All those little plans went straight to the trash.

 One of the few things Mina missed about being a trainee was living in JYP's building. There she could escape to the dance practice room everytime she felt like it (more like everytime it was empty and opened) and just dance her emotions out.

 Sometimes she'll go with Momo and they'll make a hip-hop routine, others they'll goof around popping to the weirdest beats. She'll go with Sana as well, they'll try to remember the choreographies of famous k-pop girl-groups, or would just go over the dance routine they had done earlier at training trying to improve their movements.

 But there were a few times in which Mina would gone on her own. She'll close her eyes, hit play and just dance through her worries with her smooth and graceful ballet movements. There were times in which she'll spin around as much as she could just to end up laying on the floor with a dizzy feeling but a happy smile, forgetting about whatever was on her mind.

 She missed those days.

 However she loved the fact she had debuted and now the group had their own house. But she didn't have enough space to dance. That part was annoying.

 Still, a good dancer must know how to manage space. If there was a lot, you have to cover it all up, or at least your movements could be bigger, if there wasn't a lot (like in their bedroom), your movements had to be smaller.

 There was nobody in the bedroom Nayeon, Sana, Jihyo and her shared. She played the music, using Nayeon's speakers which she always lend her anyways, and lost herself in the music.

 Violin's long strings meant a long, slow movement that either her legs or arms will perform. The clash of cymbals made her jump. Trumpets' melodies would make her move around. The drum's rhythm, that was setting the pulse, told her when to spin.

 The crescendo was at it's , she was spinning around, her fifths spin and the door opened.

"I though I heard music coming from somewhere" Jihyo said.

 Mina stopped her spinning marathon and was about to stop the music.

"Oh no, please continue. I love it when you dance ballet" Jihyo smiled.

 Mina nodded with a smile and kept moving gracefully to the classical piece.

 When it finished, Jihyo clapped.

"Black Swan indeed" she joked.

 Mina giggled.

"You needed something?" She asked.

"I was going to go to Hang's River, wanna come?"

"Walking?" Mina questioned in disbelieve.

 They kind of lived far away.

"No you goof" Jihyo laughed

"Biking"

"I don't have a bike" Mina pouted.

"Just take Tzuyu's for a while, she won't mind it, Sana unnie and her went to the arcade"

"Oh... Okay" Mina felt envious.

 Sana got to spend the day with her girlfriend, and she couldn't because Chaeyoung's plans were to video-chat her friend all day like she had done the whole week.

 She shook her head pushing the thought away.

 Mina and Jihyo's ride was filled with laughter. It had been a long time since Mina rode a bike, so it took her a while to start moving. Her fail attempts made Jihyo laugh.

 There was this time in which Jihyo suddenly stopped almost making Mina fall down.

"Jihyo!" Mina yelled.

"Mianhe" Jihyo smiled.

"What happened?"

 Jihyo pointed to a coffee shop that was near them.

"Nayeon unnie and Jeongyeon unnie are on a date, they're so cute~~!" Jihyo squealed.

 Mina payed attention to the inside of the coffee shop. Indeed there was Nayeon and Jeongyeon. The later giving quick pecks to the older girl's cheek, making her smile and, probably, giggle.

 Mina smiled.

 She didn't get to see Jeongyeon's cute side a lot. When people were around she always acted indifferent to Nayeon, or tried to annoy her. She seemed really cold. Nayeon always told them Jeongyeon was the biggest cinamon-roll in the whole world, but it was really hard to believe for Mina. Until now.

 They kept staring with smiles on their faces, now watching how Jeongyeon fed Nayeon a cookie. Nayeon ate it happily, before playing with her girlfriend's hair, making her smile.

 Mina smiled sadly.

 She felt a little envious again.

 Even Nayeon and Jeongyeon were having fun together, why couldn't Chaeyoung spend some time with her?

 She sighed.

 Jihyo stared at her.

"You okay Minari?"

 Mina smiled and nodded.

 They kept riding until they finally got to Hang's River. They got of the bikes and walked beside them.

"You want an ice cream?" Jihyo offered when she saw an ice cream cart.

"Why not?" Mina smiled.

 They bought their ice creams, vanilla for Jihyo, strawberry for Mina.

 They looked for a bench, left their bikes besides them and sat down looking at the river.

 "Finally we have time for ourselves" Jihyo sighed contently.

 It was true, they'd been crazy busy with schedules. Mina nodded in agreement.

 She kept eating her ice cream. Strawberry. It remind her of Chaeyoung, her strawberry princess. She did love that fruit.

 When Jihyo glanced at Mina she saw that something was off.

"Minari?" She asked softly.

 Mina hummed in response.

 Jihyo stared at the river and kept eating her ice cream.

"I know you are sad, mind telling me why?"

"Huh?" Mina was surprised.

 She was usually very good at hiding her feelings. Not even her girlfriend could read her sometimes. Now that she thought a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter