#14 A Little Misunderstanding (Part 2)

Maknae Line is a Challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 14: A Little Misunderstanding 

 

 

 Nayeon can't really help it. Whenever she sees Jihyo using her phone she glances around the roon looking for someone, anyone. Anyone who's there to witness what her eyes are seeing: Giggly Park Jihyo smiling at her phone while her fingers can't stop tapping the screen. It gave her mixed feelings. On one hand she wanted to tease the heck out of her friend. On the other hand...

"Somi-yah! Out of all the people in this world! Somi-yah!" She yelled passing around her bedroom.

 Jihyo was gone with Somi, again. The younger girl had visited, again. And her and Jihyo were out again. Third time in a week. What. She had subtly asked Jihyo about Somi. What was up with them. But either Jihyo was really, really dense and didn't understand what she was talking about, or she was an extremely good actress.

 She choose to believe the second one. After all Jihyo had trained for ten long years, the girl had had acting lessons, and she was a really good actress after all, said by an actor himself. Jihyo and her stupid acting skills.

"Nayeonnie, stop walking back and forth, you're making me dizzy" Jeongyeon told her girlfriend.

 She was lying on Nayeon's bed, her arms behind her head while she stared at her girlfriend who was walking around the room.

 Nayeon glared at her.

"Yah! It's unnie for you!" Nayeon scolded trying to sound serious.

 Jeongyeon chuckled.

"Sure... Unnie" she mocked and winked at her.

 Cheyoung and Dahyun groaned at her unnie.

"Stop flirting for five seconds! This is serious!" Chaeyoung whined.

 Momo laughed at her.

"What's so bad about it?" She asked.

"Ne, so what if Jihyo-yah is dating Somi-yah?" Sana asked.

 Nayeon's glare turn to her.

"So what if? So, what if?!" She yelled.

"Unnie, calm down!" Dahyun begged.

 Nayeon glared at her.

 Dahyun hid behind Momo who chuckled at them, she hugged Dahyun and pecked her cheek. Dahyun hugged her tightly.

"Ugh, you are so cute" Nayeon groaned with fake disgust.

 Jeongyeon laughed at her, making Tzuyu and Mina laugh too.

"You do the same to Jeongyeon-unnie" Tzuyu said softly.

 The girls laughed at a blushing Nayeon. The eldest girl crossed her arms over her chest and pouted with a frown.

"Oww, she's pouting!" Jeongyeon teased, she made a mocking pout.

"Cute~!" Dahyun and Chaeyoung said in unison.

"Yah! Stop it!" Nayeon whined, her hands clenched into fists, arms slyly swinging next to her body.

 The girls laughed again, only stopping when Jeongyeon, who was laughing as well, gestured for them to stop.

"That's enough" Jeongyeon chuckled.

 She stood up and walked to her girlfriend's back side. She rested her hands on Nayeon's shoulders and started massaging her slowly with her thumbs. Nayeon sighed contently and rolled her neck around, relaxing her muscles.

"God, I needed that" she sighed dreamy.

"Uhm... We are still here" Mina said softly.

 Nayeon frowned and whined when Jeongyeon's fingers stopped moving. Jeongyeon laughed at her girlfriend. She back hugged the girl and kissed her cheek.

"Now that you calmed down" Jeongyeon said making the girls laugh "Why are you so annoyed about Jihyo-yah and Somi-yah?"

 She asked before walking back to the bed. Nayeon sighed.

"Two reasons" she said making a 'V' with her fingers, remarking her words "Firstly" she said, now only her index finger was up "I need to get back for years of teasing"

 Jeongyeon, Sana and Momo laughed at her, while the other girls chuckled quietly.

"Teasing about?" Jeongyeon asked innocently. Nayeon rolled her eyes.

"You, pabo"

 Jeongyeon chuckled.

"Secondly?" She asked.

"Secondly" Nayeon repeated, her fingers making a 'V' again "It's Somi-yah! Somi! Baby Somi-yah!"

 Jeongyeon laughed at her girlfriend, she let go of the girl and layed on Nayeon's bed again.

"I think you are overreacting" She said.

 Nayeon glanced at her with a surprise look, she walked over to her bed and layed next to her girlfriend. Jeongyeon almost unconsciously wrapped her arms around her, cuddling her.

"Maybe, but... But I mean it's Somi-yah! I can't be the only one surprised or a tiny bit upset about it! Specially since Jihyo-yah didn't say a word about it!"

 Sana hummed. The same thought had been going through her head since Nayeon told them about her suspicion.

 She considered Jihyo to be her best friend, or at least her Korean best friend. She did feel a little hurt when she found out from Nayeon that Jihyo had been using her phone none stop while giggling and blushing like crazy. Specially when she had told her about Tzuyu since the begging.

"I know right? It's so weird... I thought Jihyo trusted me, us... I mean, all of us have girlfriends, we are all dating! I doubt she's afraid of our reaction or something, right?"

 Momo gasped.

"Omo! Sana you said something smart!" She friend.

"Yah!" Sana whined and frowned at her.

 Tried to. She ended up making this adorable little pout while her little frown made her look like a pleading puppy. Momo chuckled.

"Unnie! Leave Sana-unnie alone" Tzuyu struggled to say, her brain translating as quickly as it could.

"Ooh!" Chaeyoung teased, hand over "Tzuyu-yah scolded Momo-unnie!"

 Dahyun imitated her.

"Savage maknae!" She teased too.

 Nayeon laughed.

"Mess with Sana-yah, feel Yoda's rage" she said in a radio commercial type of voice, her hand moving on the air in a straight line.

 Jeongyeon laughed next to her. Mina laughed and glanced at Sana.

"Looks like you found your knight in shinny armor" she whispered in japanese softly, not really wanting to sound awkward with her Korean and risking the teasyness of her words.

 Sana smiled and blushed, she hit Mina's arm softly, making the girl chuckle.

"Anyways, Sana-chan is right" Mina said "Jihyo-yah never mentioned anything"

 Momo nodded.

"It was kind of... Out of the-" she glanced at Sana, questionably.

"Out of the blue?" Sana asked.

 Momo nodded.

"Out of the blue, it was out of the blue"

 Chaeyoung nodded.

"But what is more weird... I thought Somi-yah was straight?" Tzuyu said softly, almost afraid to say the wrong word.

"Right?!" Everybody agreed, everybody except Chaeyoung and Dahyun.

 Chaeyoung chuckled softly, almost secretly. Dahyun bit her lips trying to hide her smile.

"What do you two know?" Nayeon asked with a suspicious glare.

Both girls couldn't stop their giggles.

"Yah!" Sana whined.

"Jeon Somi-yah, straight?" Chaeyoung laughed.

"I don't think so" Dahyun laughed too.

"Jjinja?" Jeongyeon asked, she was now sitting down on the bed, next to Nayeon's body.

 Dahyun nodded.

"Yup"

 Mina, who was besides Sana, glared at Chaeyoung who was on the other side of the room, on the bunk bed next to Tzuyu.

"You told me she was straight" Mina said, annoyance in her voice.

 Chaeyoung gulped. Dahyun laughed at her friend even is she couldn't see her face she could imagine it. It was priceless.

"Uh..." Chaeyoung said softly, thinking of her next word.

"Someone is in trouble~" Jeongyeon dongsaeng.

 Chaeyoung would have glared at her if she wasn't so busy making her brains work.

"I mean... You would have gone crazy, Minari~" she finally said in a whiny voice.

 The girls laughed. Mina's face was blank for a moment then she glared at Chaeyoung, almost not notable.

"Oh come on! Don't give me that look, I've told you a thousand times she's just a friend!" Chaeyoung groaned.

 Mina only glared at her, not saying a word nor making a sound.

 Creepy.

 Chaeyoung felt something poking her arm.

"You're in so much trouble" Tzuyu whispered.

 She glared at the taller girl while the maknae laughed.

"Can we get back to the main topic?!" Chaeyoung asked, annoyed.

 Nayeon laughed at her.

"Arasso... So, Jihyo-yah apparently is dating one of my kids, not going to happen" she said with a serious look.

 Jeongyeon laughed.

"One of your kids?" She laughed again.

 Nayeon nodded.

"One of yours too, she's Dahyun-ah's and the maknaes' sibling" she said matter of fact.

 Jeongyeon stared at her while the girls laughed.

"You don't want to adopt us unnie?" Sana joked with a fake pout.

 Nayeon shook her head.

"Ani, you're the bad influence partner parents don't approve"

 The mankae line laughed even harder. The three japanese girls chuckled.

"We are the bad influence?" Momo asked with a smirk.

 Mina shushed her.

"Don't tell her, she's going to freak out" she kept the game going.

"Really, better keep it a secret" Sana whispered loudly.

"Yah!" Nayeon whined at them "What are you talking about?!"

 The Japanese girls laughed.

"Stop talking nonsenses!" Chaeyoung told them.

She nudged Tzuyu's arm.

"Ne! Stop it!" She said following Chaeyoung's lead.

 Nayeon glanced at them with a suspicious look.

"Wait, wait, if we are the parents who's appa and who's eomma" Jeongyeon asked, she had been deep in thought for some minutes.

 Nayeon glanced at her.

"I'm eomma" she answered and turned back to the girls.

"Wae?!" Jeongyeon exclaimed loudly slapping Nayeon's arm.

 The girls laughed. Nayeon glanced at her girlfriend.

"Because ONCEs said so" she replied.

 Jeongyeon glared at her and pouted.

 Nayeon giggled.

"Oww, is my Jeongyeonnie mad?" She asked with a sweet voice that made the rest of the girls in the room cringe.

 Jeongyeon hit her arm.

"I'm not appa" she said and laid down again.

"You are" Nayeon teased again.

"I'm not!"

 Chaeyoung chuckled.

"Unnie, appa is always cooler than eomma!" She said with a laugh.

"Ne! Appa is the one who lets you do whatever you want!" Dahyun backed up.

"Yah!" Nayeon whined turning to them.

 They laughed and Tzuyu joined them.

"It's not like that all the time" Mina laughed softly.

 Sana nodded in agreement.

"Isn't appa always the overprotective one?" Momo asked "That'll be Nayeon unnie" she chuckled.

 Jeongyeon laughed along with Sana and Chaeyoung, their girlfriends blushed.

"Yah! Jeongyeon-ah it's the same!" She defended herself.

"No, I'm not" Jeongyeon laughed.

"Yah!" Nayeon whined and glared at her.

"It's true, Jeongyeon-ah actually lets me be alone with Dahyunnie in our room" Momo thought out loud, Dahyun slapped her arm "But Nayeon unnie won't let me even breath near her"

 Chayoung and Tzuyu laughed from the top bunk bed, along with Sana and Mina who was chuckling softly.

"Oh, she does?" Nayeon asked suspiciously and turned to her girlfriend, she raised an eyebrow.

 Jeongyeon giggled sheepishly. She scratched her nape.

"I mean..." She stuttered.

 Nayeon wiggled her head a little, pushing for an answer, her eyebrow seemed to lift upwards even more.

"Yah!" Jeongyeon said and pushed her girlfriend's shoulder.

 Nayeon smirked at her, her eyebrow still raised.

"Stop! It's creepy!" Jeongyeon complained and crawled away from the girl.

 Nayeon laughed, the girls joined while Jeongyeon chuckled awkwardly.

"Wait, that means unnie is going to let me alone with Mina unnie too?" Chaeyoung asked hopefully with a cheeky smile on her face. Nayeon's head moved quickly towards the girl. She was about to scold her but Mina spoke faster.

"Who says I want to be alone with you?" Mina asked with a annoyed expression.

 Chaeyoung looked at her, eyes wide opened, slyly opened in disbelief. The room soon filled with 'ooh' wholes from the girls, only making the tension bigger. Eyes were on Chaeyoung.

 The short girl blinked, she glanced to her side, staring at the wall. Her glance then travelled to the floor. She crossed her arms over her chest and chuckled, she lifted her head, eyes finally meeting Mina's.

"Myoui Mina is jealous?" She asked with a smirk.

 Another round of 'ooh's and chuckles could be heard, now the attention was on Mina. She seemed calmed. Way too calmed. She smirked too.

"Ani, why would I? If anything, I can always go to Han River with Jihyo-yah again" she said, matter of fact.

 Chaeyoung glared at her. The 'ooh's' pitch became slyly higher. Chaeyoung frowned.

 Nayeon made mental notes to ask Jihyo what had happened, while Sana promised herself she wouldn't go to sleep until Mina spilled it out. Something had made little Chaeyoung jealous of their leader, ans thwy needed to know what.

"Go with Jihyo unnie then!" Chaeyoung said, annoyed. Her voice was filled with jealousy, her fists clenched tightly, her eyes traveled round the room.

 Suddenly Mina started laughing.

"Son Chaeyoung is jealous?" She mocked with an eyebrow lifted.

 Jeongyeon couldn't contain her laughter, Nayeon, Sana and Momo were trying to stop their laghter biting their lips but ended up chuckling anyway. On the other hands, Dahyun and Tzuyu did nothing to hide how funny the situation was to them.

"Yah!" Chaeyoung whined at her room mates.

"Chaeyoung-ah, mian, you are just so easy to tease" Dahyun said in between laughters.

 Chaeyoung frowned. She glanced at her side, Tzuyu was leaning on the wall laughting with her eyes close.

"Stop it!" She hissed and hit her friend softly.

"Mianhae" Tzuyu laughed.

 Chaeyoung groaned and rolled her eyes. She hoped off her bed effortlessly.

"Call me once you are done laughing" she said harshly.

 Mina couldn't stop herself this time, she laughed. She stood up quickly and walked over her girlfriend, she hugged her waist from her back, tightly. She was still laughing.

"You are so cute when you get mad" she chuckled.

 Chaeyoung groaned again and tried to move to the door. Mina chuckled and held her tightier.

"Ani, you are staying here" she said before she lifted the shorter girl in the air almost effortlessly.

"Yah! Yah! Put me down!" She started whining.

 The girls in the room, included Mina, laughed. She walked over to Tzuyu's bed in which Sana and her were sitting and sat again, Chaeyoung on her lap.

"Arasso, now the lion cub it's under control" Nayeon teased glancing at Chaeyoung who rolled her eyes "Let's get back in track"

 Jeongyeon besides her groaned.

"Aigoo, come on! For how long are you going to keep this up?" She whined.

 Nayeon glared at her, Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.

"Don't look at me like that, what's so wrong about them seeing each other, or dating, or whatever the heck is they are doing"

 Nayeon slapped her arm.

"She has a point though..." Sana said cautiously.

 Nayeon glared at her.

"Okay, wait, no" she finally spoke up "Just because you are dating the maknae doesn't mean-"

 Before she could finish however, they heard the front door being unlocked.

"Shh!" Jeongyeon shushed everyone "She's coming!"

"Arasso, arasso, act natural!" Nayeon said quickly.

 Jihyo swore her members were legit idiots. What was wrong with them? Couldn't she walk into her room without seeing Dahyun's head hanging from her bed, Momo's body over hers; Sana squishing the life out of Mina and Chaeyoung who was screaming her lungs out; and Nayeon who was hidding her face on the pillow while Jeongyeon hid hers on the girl's neck; she sighed and turned to Tzuyu.

 She raised an eyebrow, Tzuyu shrugged.

"I can't leave you alone, can I?" She sighed with a smile.

 They might be idiots, but they were her idiots. She was the idiot captain of the idiots ship. Literally. No bigger shipper of her girls than herself.

"So, Nayeon-unnie didn't let you guys alone?" She asked with a chuckle.

 Usually whenver she went out she came back and found every room in the house ocuppied by a couple. Sometimes it was a little frustrating, but their flustered faces and babbling when she teased them made it worth it.

"Yah! We were just talking" Nayeon explained.

"Well then please explain what's up with you guys" she laughed while pointing with her arm around the room.

"We are streching!" Dahyun said under Momo's body.

"Eong! It's good for, uhm, dancing" Momo agreed.

 Jihyo nodded not believing a word. She glanced at Sana and raised an eyebrow.

"I missed them! This two are never around with us, missed hugging them!"

 She explained with a smile and hugged the couple tighly once again to make her point clear.

"Unnie!" Chaeyoung squealed out of breath.

 Jihyo chuckled.

"Why is Tzuyu up there all alone?" She asked with a laugh.

"Making sure I'm the tallest in the room" she said with a blank expression.

 The room was filled with laughter.

----------o----------

 Days have passed and now Nayeon wasn't th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter