#10: Dance Practice

Maknae Line is a Challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10: Dance Practice

WARNING: This chapter descrives subtle mature content. You've been warned. I did my job... 

 They had practicing their new choreography in front of the mirror for hours.

 The coach looked frustrated. The girls were very coordinated. They learnt choreographies rather quickly since most of them had lessons before starting training, or they had trained long enough to be above average.

 So she wondered what was wrong today? The choreography for 'TT' wasn't even that hard, right?

 She uncrossed her arms and paused the music.

"Is it difficult?" She asked desperate for an answer.

 Jihyo, being the leader, felt bad instantly. She starting playing with her hands, habit of hers whenever she was nervous.

 She looked around at the members. Some of them looked rather confused, the dance line looked frustrated and some others, like the maknaes, were staring at the floor.

 When she heard no answer, the couch sighed again.

"Okay, let's go from the bottom" she said.

 The coach rewound the track and played it again.

"Five, six, seven, eight!" She counted the pulse while clapping her hands.

 They got to the chorus and... Geez what was that?

"Okay, okay, stop!" She yelled over the music, frustrated.

 She pinched the bridge of her nose walking over to the laptop, pausing the music again.

"Take five" she told the members.

 They stared sitting on the floor, tired and frustrated they couldn't get the choreography right.

"Jihyo-yah, a word please" she ordered more than asked.

 The leader sighed and made her way to the coach who opened the door and gestured for her to walk outside the practice room.

 Jihyo gulped. Sure, she was the leader, she had to be brave and endure whatever the coach was going to say... It didn't make it any less scary.

 The coach closed the door behind her.

"Jihyo-yah, can you explain me what's up with the group today?" She asked frustrated.

 Jihyo raised her head, but stayed quiet not really knowing what to answer.

 The coach sighed again.

"Look, I'm sorry if I come out a little too harsh, but come on! I know for fact that you guys can do better and have done better, so what's wrong? You guys can't even coordinate the easiest steps!" She blurted out before taking her hands to her head.

Jihyo gulped again. Okay, she had to think quick, what to say?

"Maybe we're a bit distracted? I'm sorry, I just have a lot on my head, I-I can talk to the girls and see what's wrong, I think Nayeon unnie and Jeongyeon unnie talked 'till late last night, maybe that's why-" Jihyo started to explain.

The coach cut her off with a soft chuckle.

"Jihyo-yah, is not you who is messing up... Okay maybe that last time could been a little better, Nayeon-ah and Jeongyeon-ah? No complains, Momo-yah, Mina-yah and Sana-yah did great"

 Then what was the problem Jihyo asked herself. Apparently their coach read minds.

"See, I know school, practices, lessons, homework, exams... Just being a teen in general is very energy-draining, but Tzuyu-ah was a mess in there, Dahyun-ah and Chaeyoung-ah..." The coach let out a frustrated sigh "Their mind was everywhere but in the practise room"

 Jihyo nodded, showing she had understood.

"Talk to them please?"

"I will coach-ssi"

"Thank you" she smiled "How about Momo-yah, Sana-yah and Mina-yah helping them out? They're the dance line after all" she chuckled.

 Jihyo smiled and nodded.

"Okay, you guys can go home, we aren't going to make any improvement with three members' head out in space"

"I'll let them know"

 They bowed their goodbyes and Jihyo opened the door and walked back inside.

 Everybody's head shot up.

"What happened?" Jeongyeon asked as soon as she saw Jihyo's expression.

 Jihyo sighed.

"We can go home" she told them.

"Where's coach-ssi?" Nayeon asked curiously.

"She left" Jihyo said.

 The members looked surprised.

"We were really bad, weren't we?" Dahyun asked with guilt.

 Momo murmured something, Jihyo was pretty sure it was japanese, her thought confirmed when only Sana looked at her with a frown and slapped her arm, while Chaeyoung had been at her side too.

 Jihyo shrugged it off and smiled with empathy at Dahyun.

"Not really, but we need to talk"

 That caught everyone's attention.

"Nayeon unnie, Jeongyeon unnie, want to go out and call manager oppa so he can pick us up?"

 They looked at each other.

"Uh, sure" Nayeon said.

 Jeongyeon stood up first and offered her hand to her girlfriend. Nayeon accepted it and the short haired girl helped her stand up.

 When they walked outside the room, Jihyo's head turned 90° and stared at the reminding members.

"Okay" she sat on the floor too "I need you guys to be totally honest with me"

 Jihyo stared at everyone with those big eyes of hers, which only made her stare even more powerful and intense.

"What's wrong Jihyo-yah?" Sana asked concerned.

"That's what I'm wondering" she now looked at Tzuyu "is everything okay?"

 Tzuyu looked confused. So did the rest.

"What do you mean Jihyo-yah?" Mina asked.

 She now stared at Chaeyoung.

"Coach-ssi said you guys were out of focus, so I'll ask again" her stare changed to Dahyun "is everything okay?"

 Momo looked at her japanese friends, confused.

"Everything is fine" Sana answered voicing what the three girls thought.

 They were staring to get worried. Jihyo sighed.

"I meant, Dahyunnie, Chaeyoungie, Tzuyu-yah, is everything okay?"

The japanese girls stared at the younger girls worried. Was there something wrong?

 The maknae line staid quiet.

"Okay look" Jihyo stood up "All I know is something is inside those kids' head and won't let them focus on dancing, and that you guys won't get out of here until they get the dance right"

 Jihyo made her way to the door.

 Mina noticed something weird.

"Jihyo-yah were are you going?" She asked suspiciously.

 Korean wasn't her mother language but she was pretty sure she understood what Jihyo was talking about, and while she wasn't exactly angry or sad for what she supposed was going to happen, she did feel really tired.

"Home" Jihyo smiled.

 Her suspicious was right.

"Aren't you going to wait for us?" Momo asked confused.

"Aniyo, I said you're staying here 'till those three" she pointed at the maknaes "get the choreography correct, no mistakes, not missing one beat, it's has to be as close as perfect as posible" she told them.

 She was now behind the door, only her head showing.

"Yaah! Jihyo-yah!" Momo complained.

"Give us a call and we'll come pick you up... Bye~!" She smiled and shut the door close.

 Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, she stood up and walked to the door.

"Come on Jihyo unnie, they have nothing to do with-" she tried to open the door.

 Locked.

"Unnie!" Chaeyoung yelled wiggling the door knob.

"We're... Locked?" Tzuyu asked softly, she was trying to find the right word.

 Dahyun laughed.

"Tzuyu-yah, Chaeyoung-ah is just messing around" she reassured the girl.

 She stood up and walked over the door.

"Come on, stop trying to act funny, you are not"

 Dahyun shoved the shorter girl away softly.

"See, it's-" she moved the knob "locked"

 Chaeyoung smiled smugly, her eyebrow lift.

"You were saying?"

 Dahyun glared at her.

"Shut up" she mumbled.

 Momo groaned.

 She loved dancing. She lived for dancing. She loved helping others. Specially when it came to dancing. And she wouldn't be so frustrated if she wasn't as half as hungry, sleepy and overall tired as she was.

 She groaned again and stood up making her way to the laptop.

"Come on" she told the girls.

"We're really going to practice?" Dahyun asked surprised.

"Duuh! Come on, stand up you three"

 Sana, Mina and Tzuyu obeyed. They made their way to the corresponding places.

"Okay, I'll play the music and watch you from here" Momo said, ready to click play.

 They nodded. It was a little weird to dance without Jihyo, Nayeon and Jeongyeon, but they started dancing anyways.

 Momo nodded her head to the beat, feat following the compass. Her left arm was crossed over her chest, her right arm's elbow rested on her left forehand, while her right hand was on her chin. She watched closely with a little frown.

 She stopped the music suddenly.

"Okay, so... Dahyun-ah you are doing just fine, I can't see anything wrong" Dahyun shyly smiled "But, Tzuyu-yah, Chaeyoung-ah, what's wrong? You aren't following the beat" she pointed out.

 Chaeyoung played with her hair while Tzuyu but her lower lip.

 Momo suddenly smiled.

"Sana-chan, what's with this part?" She smiled while she mimicked Sana's movements.

Sana laughed.

"Mian, I couldn't remember the step" she chuckled "I'm tired, sorry"

Momo smiled and shook her head.

"Anyways, Chaeyoungie, Tzuyu-ah would you mind dancing only you two?"

 Tzuyu shook her head and eagerly went to her position. Chaeyoung followed suit. Sana and Mina stood next to Momo so they could watch better, Dahyun walked over to the wall, sitting down and resting her back on it.

 Momo played the music.

"Five, six, seven, eight!" Momo counted like their coach before.

 The chorus was over when Momo paused the music.

"That was great!' She smiled.

 Sana and Mina nodded in agreement with smiles on their faces as well.

 They decided to do the choreography once again.

 Momo played the music and quickly ran to her place, skipping the first part she was supposed to do.

 They got to the chorus, she was watching the maknaes through the mirror carefully. It was a mess.

 She sighed and left it slip.

 Somehow Momo managed not to lose it through most of the song. That was until the last chorus came in.

"Okay, okay, stop!" She moved her hands around the air "Please stop!"

 She walked over to the laptop again.

"Dahyun-ah, Chaeyoung-ah, what the heck was that?"

 She imitated how them had stood up after the body roll part Mina, Tzuyu, Nayeon, Jeongyeon and herself did.

"What was that?" She was getting really tired "Hey watch me while I lazily get my fat of the floor!" She mocked.

 Chaeyoung stared at the floor with a glare.

 Mina noticed, she hit Momo not so softly.

"You are saying I'm fat, unnie?" Dahyun stared at her girlfriend, arms crossed and eyebrow raised.

 Momo sighed.

"Anni" she walked over to Dahyun and hugged her "I'm just really tired"

"Why don't we tell Jihyo unnie we are done here?" Chaeyoung suggested, arms crossed.

"After that mess?" Momo asked "No way!"

 Mina nodded.

"You seem really distracted" she walked over to her girlfriend.

 She she stood infront of her and fixed a strand of hair behind the girl's ear.

"Everything okay?" She asked worriedly.

 Chaeyoung nodded trying to smile naturally.

"Come on, tells us what's up with you guys!" Sana pouted.

 Tzuyu smiled at her adorable girlfriend.

"Is it school? Homework? Lessons? That time of the month?" Momo kept asking "It's horrible" she looked at the other japanese members "sometimes I couldn't even dance, seriously-"

"Momo-chan, we get it, we're girls too, you know?" Sana lift an eyebrow while laughing at her friend.

"Mian, being tired makes me say crazy stuff"

"More than usual?" Mina asked with a smirk.

 Momo nodded.

"Anyways, what's wrong?" Sana pouted again looking at the maknaes.

"It's just difficult to concentrate that's all" Dahyun blurted out.

 Chaeyoung glared deathly at her.

"Unnie..." She warned.

"What?" Dahyun asked confused "I didn't tell them you can't get your eyes off-"

"Unnie!" Chaeyoung shouted at the top of her lungs, hopefully muffling whatever Dahyun would say.

 Mina looked at Sana, who smirked, Mina smirked back. Sana glanced at Momo who suddenly looked way more awake, a teasing smirk on her face.

"Eyes off from where?" Mina asked innocently.

 Chaeyoung blushed and stayed qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter