Chap¹ Moving Out

The coming adventure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Word count 1752
 



Things were going slowly, but steady for Jongin and his family. He was packing his bags and putting them in the oldest brother of his, van that the older brother owned, and his parents' station car.

 

He actually got an apartment, where he is going to live with a roommate. His parents still weren’t too happy about the thought of their youngest son to move out, out from their comfort zone, out to a world that they tried to run away from, because of personal reasons.

None of them had seen it coming that Jongin would do something else, compared to what his older brothers had done. His older brothers haven’t ever spoken about moving out, and just helped with the things at home. So the fact that Jongin suddenly had thrown the wish out about wanting to move out, really surprised the family.

 

There was a heavy awkward silence between the four males packing the cars up with the last bags of Jongins. While his mother sat at the front seat in the van, Jongins father broke the silence.

“Son... You know that you’re always welcome here at home, where it’s safe if you ever regret your choice about moving to Seoul, right? And your mother, two brothers and I will miss y-” Mr Kim tries to say before he got interrupted by his youngest. “Stop it already. I know I know. Father. Please don’t cry... I know it was all of a sudden that I just said that I wanted to move. But there’s something that I haven’t ever told you guys, there is something that I want to accomplish, within this short life that we all live.”

 

 

His mother then opened the front passenger door in the van and tries to get eye contact with her youngest son, with a shaky smile “glued to her face”. Then she tried not to let a tear fall, while she quietly said “You’ve always been a good soul, a good boy of lots of words, but also mysterious in your way. And…. *starts tearing up*.. I-i just w-want m-my baby…. To b-be happy! Y-you’re really a handsome m-man, don’t ever forget that…. ” And she obviously failed at the not crying part.  

 


The somewhat embarrassed Jongin walks over to the opened passenger door and tries to hug his mother, and trying to ignore the awkward position he had to make with his mother, to hug her comfortably enough for the both of them, because of the bags at her feet and legs were making the small space, even smaller. Jongin even felt sorry for her to sit there.

   

All of them was surprised by how many things that Jongin actually had. To think about that it filled almost a whole van, and their own private station car, was shocking.

  As the last bag is squeezed inside the van, the family heads out for the almost five-hour drive, to get to Seoul, where Jongin was going to live, with a stranger. A stranger for now, at least.    

Inside in the little station car where Jongin and his two older brothers were, another heavy silence approached them. The oldest who was driving was trying to tell the other brother to turn on the radio, so they would they at least would be able to have a topic to talk about, in that case of the music, and not about the fact that their baby brother was moving.

After the failing attempt he made to turn on the radio and maybe breaking the radio, the next oldest brother gives up, and grabs his phone and goes through the old songs on it. He ends up putting “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyed Pease on, and they were all singing along.

Before they get to even blink, they’re already in Seoul.

   

“Oh well… Now it’s just following mom and dad, so we can see the apartment that you’ve picked, and drop off the stuff…” the oldest brother quietly said

 

“You sound like you’re actually going to miss me. What’s wrong with you? And you…”*points at his next oldest brother* “Why are you so quiet lately? I mean come on, guys! Seoul is cool! Seoul is great,

Please log in to read the full chapter