Chapter 9

You Hide...I'll Seek

Listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdisLrFQem8  on repeat while reading. It sets the mood :D

I got on behind him on the bike with my hands holding the back on the seat for support. I could’ve easily ridden one of the spares in the garage, but I wasn’t in the mood.

We drove off towards the shop.

It was a peaceful ride. We stopped at a red light and the sun was setting. In the background was the humming of the vehicle engines. It felt nostalgic. It reminded me of the memories that I couldn't remember anymore. 

I looked at the back of the stranger I’ve met only a few weeks ago. He feels similar but I can’t remember. I continued to stare at his back trying to remember.

“Mm? Do I have something on my back?” He said looking back, probably because he felt me staring. I could see his smile through the helmet.

I shook my head no. The light turned green and we continued our way.

I don’t know why I’m suddenly feeling sad but I was. Maybe it's that time of the month again?

“I’ll go get the food, why don’t you go buy some groceries from the market.”

“Mhm.” I said absentmindedly.

I saw the worried look on his face when he handed me some money but I just continued my journey. I quickly bought what was needed and sat outside on the steps on the market waiting for him. I stared off into the distances and saw groups of happy people which made me even sadder.

“Yo! Done?”

“Mhm.”

Namjoo grabs the bags and placed them in the compartments under the seats. I was just standing there so he placed the helmet onto my head after putting his on.

“Come on, let's go home. You must be tired.”

He singled me to get on and I did.

We were driving home and I just stared at the sky. The sun was almost fully set, the sky was a light dark blue. It was calming but a single drip landed onto my face, with many drips following.

“You also pity me, huh?” I muttered.

“Dang it, it’s raining! Do you want to st-” He said wanting to turn towards me but I stopped him.

“Don’t worry about me. Continue.” I said softly.

With that, he continues driving. It wasn’t raining hard so it wasn’t troublesome, but it made me even gloomier than I was already.

At the next red light, NamJoo took off his outer layer and putting it over me before the rain could get any heavier.

“Don’t want you sick or else I’ll have to care for you.” He said lightly and joking but that smile of his dropped when I replied.

“Thank you…” Not commenting back the way I use to.

We continued our way home and I was tired mentally and physically. I can just couldn't remeber no matter how hard I tried. 

I moved my hands from the back of the seat and wrapped them around NamJoo’s waist. He was cold, probably since it was raining and he gave me his jacket. I felt him tense up but then relaxed.

“Are you okay?” He said with a soft voice.

I couldn’t hold them back anymore, with those three words, I bawled my eyes out while tightening my grip.

“Sung, what’s wrong!?”

“Why can't I remember!” I yelled in my head.

“Does something hurt? Your wound?Did it reopen?!” I heard the panic in his voice.

I shook my head no on his back.

“We’re almost home, hang on.”

By the time we got home, the raining was still pouring down hard but I’ve calmed down. He parked the motorbike in the garage and pulled me up to his room.

He sat me down onto his bed while he ran into the master bathroom, coming back with a towel. He placed the towel over my head and started to dry off my hair.

I looked up to see the same worried face of his when I was shoot.

“NamJoo, stop...it’s just gonna get washed.” I said quietly chuckling.

“Are you feeling better?” He said softly with a smile.

“Mhm.”

“Okay, go take a shower. We’ll meet again for dinner. I’ll come over with the food when I done showering.”

“Mhm.”

I went through the bridge back to my room and took a shower. After my shower, I head towards the bridge and I just sat there, staring at the rain. A few moments later NamJoo came out of his room and walked up towards me.

“Let’s eat before it gets cold.”

“Mhm.”

We ate in silence, it wasn’t awkward, just calming with the sound of the rain in the background. When we were done, he cleaned things up and came back to sit with me. It was still raining.

“NamJoo?”

“Mmm?”

“Thank You.”

“Mhm.”

“I was 16 when I woke up in a hospital.”

He just listened while I told him my story.

“I can't remember.”

“It's gonna be okay. Are you-"

The moment he was about to ask those three words, my tears just started to fall.

“Sung..”

I had my hands on my face and wanted to run away but was pulled back by him into a bone crushing hug around my waist - we were just standing.

“Don’t cry. You will remember one day.” He said as he pushed back and held my shoulders with his hands.

I kept looking down  “But I can’t. I've tried.”

“You can...by then you'll be even happier…..” 

I looked up and saw him looking at me with the saddest eyes.

"Don't pity me."

"I'm n-" I cut him off as I went in for a hug around his waist. He stopped and hugged me back quietly.

…..

We stayed in that position of us hugging. Even though I’ve loosened my grip, he did not. It was no longer raining and the moon was out.

“Sung..”

“Mhm?”

“Let’s go to bed now.”

“Mhm.”

I pushed him away and quietly walked back towards my room, with him following close behind me. 

------

NamJoo’s POV

It was late and I was still worried but relieved now that she’s sleeping.

“You’ll remember Sung….You’re still as strong as ever.” I said to her sleeping body while brushing back her hair from her face.

“Good night.” I leaned in and gave her a small peck on the forehead before closing the door and heading back to my room.

~Ring~ring

“Hello”

“Hello JooHyuk. How’s the new place?”

“It’s wonderful.”

“Has my Sungy remember yet?”

“Nope. But I don’t want to rush her.”

“Awww, that’s sweet. I’m rooting for you!”

“Hahaha Thank you.”

“I’ve sent you guys a new mission.”

“I’ll do this one alone, I don’t think Sung will be up for it.”

“Why? Did something happen?”

“Nothing that you need to worry about, just some past memories.”

“NamJoo remember to project Sung, she’s very fragile.”

“I will sir.”

*sighs* “I’ll hold off on the mission, I’ll send you one next week.”

“Sir, it that alright.”

“Yeah, my Sungy always comes first. Make sure she’s happy. Bye now.”

“Bye.”

```````````````````````````````````

You like????

Please Upvote, COMMENT and/or Subscribe!! :DD

Moments hohohoho

Look forward to the next chapters.