Chapter Eight

Uneasy Hearts Weigh the Most
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The suns rays were blinding as they shined through the window. Jay rubbed the sleepiest from his eyes and rolled over to look at Sorin who was still asleep. He gingerly got up and excused himself to the bathroom to relieve himself and do his usual morning routine. He had a feeling that today was going to be a long day. He grabbed the head thermometer and ran it gently over her forehead and down to her temple. He was grateful that she didnt have a fever. 

Carefully, Jay walked out of the door and down to the kitchen, where Minah was already making porridge. 

"Good Morning Oppa! I'll take this to Sorin Unnie." Minah said as she began walking down the hall. She opened the door and walked into her brothers room. Sorin looked so pale and weak. It was very scary to see her savior on the bed in this state. Sorin shifted awake and began panicing. 

"It's okay. We got you bandaged up. You're in Jay Oppa's room, our medic said it was probably best you were monitored. I brought porridge, I was told to feed you." Minah plopped down on the bed and put the stand up tray over Sorins lap. Sorin just starred into the wall. She made no movements. Minah went to feed her, but Sorin just ignored the spoon that was right in front of . The hollowness that surrounded Sorin was nerve racking. She looked like a ghost. 

"Ill set this to the side, let me know if you need anything else." Minah said quietly as she got up and left the room. She walked back down to the kitchen to see Jay finishing the pancakes that Minah had made earlier.

"That was fast." Jay stated as he took a sip from his cup of coffee. 

"She didnt eat. She just stared at the wall. Maybe you should try." Minah said with puppy dog eyes. He blew out a breath and got up from the counter.

If she didnt want to eat, what was he suppose to do that Minah couldnt. It's not like he was a magician that could magically get her to do something she doesnt want to do. He opened the door to see Sorin clutching her side as she tried putting on her pants. He walked over to her and scooped her up, putting her back in his bed.

"For someone who has medical training, your not the brig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter