After the Mission's a Success

Operation L.O.V.E.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a week of no sign of Taeyeon or Gwiboon at school and no response from Gwiboon by phone, Jonghyun was worried and anxious. He wanted to see Gwiboon and couldn't take in the fact that they had just mysteriously disappeared. He'd even swore he'd started seeing her face on other people now on the street around her house.

 

After his class was over, he spotted Minho and ran out to talk to him. Minho looked at him questioningly, since usually they didn't talk much during work but rather met up to hang out on the weekends.

 

“Do you know why Taeyeon and Gwiboon aren't coming to school anymore? Did something serious happen to Taeyeon? Is she in the hospital now or something?” he asked in concern.

 

Minho's thick brows knitted in confusion.

 

“Hyung, what are you talking about? They just finished with what they had to do here. Taemin is fine now.”

 

“Taemin? Who's that and why is he coming up in this conversation about two high school girls?” Jonghyun asked in confusion.

 

Minho stared at him blankly. Jonghyun stared back seriously. Then Minho burst into laughter for several seconds and Jonghyun waited patiently with his arms crossed for his friend to let him in on the joke.

 

“Hyung, you don't know anything?” he said teasingly.

 

“About what? I know lots of things except about this,” Jonghyun huffed with an irritated face.

 

Minho sure was acting weird. How could he not care that they were suddenly gone, and if he knew what was up with them, then why wasn't he saying anything?

 

“Taeyeon and Gwiboon are boys who came here to catch the erts that the school was rumored to have. One of them was you,” he said

 

Jonghyun blinked and then his eyes popped open.

 

“Seriously?” he said doubtfully.

 

“Hyung, I'm not pulling your leg. It's true! I knew it from the first day that they were boys. You never noticed it?” he said in disbelief.

 

Jonghyun blushed in embarrassment but still couldn't believe it.

 

“But they both certainly looked and acted like girls. They were so pretty...and Gwiboon certainly felt like a girl...” he muttered to himself.

 

“Yeah, I know. But they're not, hyung. They are very pretty, very special boys who can act very convincingly.”


“Yeah, I'll say....” he said with disappointment.

 

Minho touched his shoulder comfortingly. “It's that much of a shock, huh? Hyung, are you okay?”

 

Jonghyun nodded and kicked his booted feet in the dust of the ground. Though it was a shock that someone so beautiful and feminine was actually a male, it more hurt that Gwiboon had hid her secret and didn't trust him.

 

“I guess she-he didn't feel he could tell me. I guess we weren't serious. He was just playing around with me,” he said dejectedly.

 

“If he was playing around with you, then why did he get you off with a warning instead of fired? And why did he continue to see you after his job was finished?” Minho said knowingly.

 

Jonghyun scrunched his nose up in thought and stared at the ground.

 

“You don't think she-he could.....really?” he said hopefully as he glanced up at his friend.

 

Minho seemed so much wiser with these kind of things. He smiled in amusement.

 

“Yeah. I'm pretty sure he likes you. He was just hoping you'd find out on your own somehow,” he said softly.

 

“Then I should go....” Jonghyun said slowly.

 

“Yeah, you should,” Minho said with an affectionate smile and gently pushed his friend.

 

“Call you to brag when I'm no longer single!” he called over his shoulder.

 

“I already beat you by two weeks, hyung!” Minho called back with a proud smile.

 

Jonghyun's mouth dropped in shock and then he glared at him. He pointed at him, showing that he would give him hell for that and hiding his relationship for so long later. Minho grinned cheekily and waved as he left the grounds.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

 

Kibum answered the door and his body froze stiff, his expression blank except his eyes which widened in surprise and horror. Jonghyun was standing right in front of him, breathing hard. Jonghyun's expression was surprised and yet excited. He looked up and down Kibum at an infuriatingly slow spead as Kibum stood in the doorway awkwardly.

 

“Gwiboon, you really are a boy?” he said in surprise.

 

Kibum smiled guiltily.

 

“Yeah, sorry. I mean, um-that is-,” he stuttered in his normal voice, trying to get out everything he wanted to say but not knowing where to start.

 

Jonghyun rushed into the room and kissed him softly. He raked his hands all over Kibum's body as he enveloped him in a tight hug, like he was trying to see if he was all in one piece. His hands lingered on his chest, getting used to the feel of flatness.

 

Kibum's cheeks flushed as he was assaulted by the boy he liked. Jonghyun's hands ruffled through his hair and Kibum pouted in annoyance because he'd just finished styling it.

 

“Your hair is blonde, too,” he said in wonder, as he played with a few straightened pieces.

 

Kibum looked at him shyly as he stared all over his body, hair, face, and clothes, which were fit jeans and a short-sleeved t-shirt with a baggy sweater.

 

“My God, you are even cuter like this,” Jonghyun murmured.

 

Kibum felt his ears perk up at the positive reaction and smiled softly. He felt himself blush and he looked down in embarrassment.

 

“Wow, really, really adorable!” Jonghyun squealed, grabbed his cheeks, and pecked him gently.

 

Kibum gently grabbed his arms and looked down at his chest. Jonghyun kissed his cheeks and forehead quickly, like he'd been away for years and he was trying to get in the missed kissing time.

 

“You're not...disappointed? That I'm not a girl anymore?” Kibum said nervously in a quiet, unconfident voice.

 

He bit his lip when Jonghyun didn't immediately answer and felt tears threatening. Why did he fall for such a boy in the first place? It was destined for failure from the beginning.

 

“I thought I would be, but actually I just like you. I've been gay before so I guess I can just be again. Because I'm really, really attracted to you,” he said thoughtfully.

 

“That's a relief,” Kibum said as he slumped his head in the crook of Jonghyun's neck, feeling like he'd survived the most nerve-wracking moment of his life.

 

Jonghyun chuckled and loosely rubbed Kibum's back.

 

“What's your real name?” he asked curiously.

 

“Kim Kibum,” he said softly.

 

“Kibum? Kimbap? Key? Bummie? I can have a lot more fun with that name,” Jonghyun said with amusement. “It suits you.”

 

“Thanks,” Kibum said lightly, still feeling a bit in a daze that this was all happening so quick.

 

Had Jonghyun so easily accepted he was a boy, that he'd been a spy at school, that he'd lied about his name, and he still liked him? He felt like he'd ended one fairytale just to jump into another.

 

“You could have told me, you know. I would have been fine with it,” Jonghyun said seriously.

 

Kibum smiled guiltily.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter