Special: New Mission to Take Care of Our Boyfriends

Operation L.O.V.E.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho picked Taemin up at his place for their usual after-school dates. He hated that he could rarely see him now that he'd switched schools but he didn't regret Taemin returning to a boy and not being forced to disguise himself and act unnaturally anymore.

 

If it hadn't been for Taemin's bravery and irresistible charm and looks, Junhyung wouldn't have revealed his true nature and be serving a sentence behind bars like he deserved. Minho still hated himself for not breaking in sooner though, then Taemin wouldn't have had to experience that kind of dirty forced kiss. He didn't feel like Taemin was tainted, it only made him want to protect him, do that guy justice, and make Taemin his faster to forget those feelings.

 

Taemin had been almost scared to touch him after what had happened and the rage and blood-thirst he'd seen in Minho's expression at the time, but Minho had been sweet and persistent and Taemin had quickly warmed up to him in his shy way. When they'd started progressing, things went by so fast and with his word they'd made love one wonderful night on a blanketed swing underneath a gazebo on a rooftop where they could see the stars and be totally alone and undisturbed. Of course, Minho had only taken him up there as a romantic ending to the night because he hadn't wanted to send him home and separate yet.

 

Oh, yes, he was extremely happy to see Taemin dressed as the cute, sweet, shy, innocent, handsomely pretty, tall, unbelievably skinny, mushroom blond headed boy. Taemin stepped out, bouncing excitedly, and ran straight into Minho's arms. Minho laughed heartily in a carefree manner he rarely ever showed and spun him around on the doorstep a few times.

 

“Taemin doesn't have school tomorrow, so there's no curfew and if you want to stay out together, that's fine too,” his mom said, kindly waved, and shut the door.

 

“How was school?” Minho asked caringly as he set him down and rubbed his head.

 

Taemin latched cutely onto his arm and slipped their hands together.

 

“During class, it's really boring. I only go for my friends and the dance team,” he said sulkily.

 

“Well, it's really important for your future. So even if you just want to play right now, you have to always do your homework and study seriously for tests,” Minho lectured.

 

“I'd rather all my classes be P.E. with you,” he pouted as they started going down the steps.

 

It amused Minho, because Taemin didn't really have any interest in sports if Minho wasn't involved.

 

“Then you'd never learn anything useful,” Minho said wisely.

 

“I'd learn how to woop your in basketball,” the blonde said playfully with a cool smile.

 

Minho smiled back and said with confidence, “That will never happen.”

 

“Only because my man is so good at it and so competitive he'd never let me or any girl win on purpose,” Taemin chuckled and snuggled against his arm.


Minho glanced back indifferently at the couple people who stared at them like they were a carnival attraction, because obviously they hadn't seen them together around the months. He confidently removed his arm from Taemin's grasp to wrap it around his shoulder and bring him closer. Taemin looked up at him knowingly and gave Minho a reassuring, sweet smile.

 

Minho hated the looks people around gave them sometimes, though usually people in Daegu were pretty open with gayness. He worried it would give Taemin a complex and make him unhappy. But Taemin either smiled at them or ignored them. He'd always at least act strong in front of Minho to make him feel at ease and happy with the world again.

 

Minho sighed and smiled a loving, sweet, affectionate smile any of his students would freak out about if they saw on his face, since little smiles were even rare. Taemin just made him happy and brought that out in him, something he hadn't even been aware he was capable of before.

 

“I love you,” he whispered.

 

Taemin smiled softly in a more mature way than his usual childish, bright smile. He laced fingers with the ones on his shoulders and wrapped an arm around Minho's waist.

 

“I love you, too.”

 

They looked at each other lovingly as they kept walking. After awhile, they'd arrived at the restaurant they were going to eat at, a slightly expensive Western restaurant that didn't require a suit and tie.

 

“Okay, let's go eat,” Minho said brightly, separating from Taemin reluctantly to be polite and obey the rules of decorum.

 

“Table for two,” Minho told the waitress.

 

“Come right this way,” she said brightly.

 

It wasn't hard to see her mood was lifted, her tone was more pleasant, and her eyes were sparkling because of the sight of the two handsome boys. She led them to a small table for two, brought them water, menus, and took their order within a few minutes, hanging around them excitedly and paying a little too much interest in their conversation over what to order.

 

When the girl went back to the registrar area, Taemin and Minho were close enough to make out the excited whisper of the waitresses.

 

“We got so lucky today, four major hotties!”

 

“You get to serve them, I'm so jealous!”

 

“Their voices are really hot too, especially that blondie. Do you think he's dating that brunette? I swear I saw them holding hands under the table.”



“Really?! Seriously, all the good men are taken or gay.”
 


Minho and Taemin smiled in amusement at each other. They started looking around the restaurant and saw that Jonghyun and Kibum were indeed there, at a table for four across the room. They were sitting next to each other, eating and talking with an older couple.

 

Taemin had never seen them before, so they figured it must have been Jonghyun's parents. Minho had never met them either since he'd only met Jonghyun in college.

 

Jonghyun was purposefully eating with his left hand so he could hold Kibum's with his right. Kibum was probably a bit nervous, though he seemed to be brightly engaging Jonghyun's parents in conversation. They watched with curiosity, kind of hoping there would be some kind of trainwreck.

 

Kibum said something, Jonghyun commented back and Kibum . Jonghyun looked embarrassed, Kibum looked amused, and Jonghyun's parents were laughing good naturedly.

 

“I say we wait until they're finished eating and then we go say hi,” Taemin said brightly.

 

“Babe, I'm not sure we should stick our noses in..” Minho said lightly but he was sure Taemin would be doing something soon.

 

Taemin was still like a kid and very curious, always energetic, positive and sticking his nose in others' business. Minho was more mature and tried to advise him but he usually just stayed quiet and went with Taemin to support him, protect him and smooth things over if necessary.

 

Taemin smiled mischeviously as he stabbed a piece of his steak. Minho couldn't help but smile in affection at his cuteness.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

Kibum was smiling and talking lively with his parents but the hand that was in Jonghyun's was sweaty and shaking slightly. He could sense how nervous Kibum was but trying his best to hide it.

 

Jonghyun couldn't feel any more appreciative of his boyfriend. All he needed was to see the genuinely interested, amused, and happy expressions of his parents to know they'd approved of Kibum. Of course they would though. He was much better than any other boyfriend or girlfriend he'd brought home over the years.

 

Kibum was polite, kind, intelligent, witty, funny, bright, positive, and lively. Even though Kibum was nervous, that just turned into energy and he was practically talking his parents' ears off. Though Jonghyun was sure they didn't mind because they loved to talk, too.

 

Jonghyun had always much preferred to stay on the sidelines and watch in group conversations. He'd throw in a comment, add to Kibum's joke, or cut in for an explanation occasionally, but he mostly just brushed his fingers along the back of Kibum's hand and watched him obviously. Kibum seemed used to it and kept up a lively stream going.

 

“You seem really attached to him already, Jonghyun," his mother said teasingly, giving him a knowing, motherly look.

 

“Does it, really? I thought I was a good actor," Jonghyun laughed uncomfortably and  embarassingly scratched his hairline.

 

Kibum blushed, looking down at the plate suddenly and picking at his salad.

 

“It's not a bad thing. I'm really happy to see it. It's been so long since you really liked someone,” she said kindly, giving Kibum and him an encouraging, bright look.

 

His parents were incredibly friendly, mellow, open-minded, young-spirited, easily forgiving, bright people, and caring on top of all of that. Jonghyun had been blessed, he knew, and most of his friends were envious of his good relationship with them. He'd go to visit them once a month and called home at least twice a week.

 

He'd always wanted to be a good son to them like they'd been the best parents to him. It was a relief they'd approved of his relationship even if Kibum was a bit younger.

 

“Are you guys serious?” his dad asked curiously.

 

Jonghyun choked on the water he was drinking. Kibum's head snapped up, looking at him with concern and helplessness.

 

“Didn't you see their couple rings? I'm guessing soon they'll be living with each other,” his mom said airily.

 

Kibum bit his lip as he tried to hide a smile. Jonghyun grinned and glanced at him. How had they guessed it?

 

Kibum was moving to his place next week because it was closer to his college and he'd told his parents he wanted to try living independantly. They understood Kibum's free spirit and usually went along with whatever decision he made. They hadn't seemed displeased with the idea of them living together either, rather relieved their son wouldn't be completely alone.

 

“We're going to soon,” Jonghyun said sheepishly, unsure of what their reactions would be.

 

His parents laughed loudly to his surprise and relief.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter