A Direct Hit

Operation L.O.V.E.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At first, Taemin's mind was completely blank. He had that weird sensation of not knowing where he was, who he was with or what he was doing. It felt like a very strange dream.

 

Minho's lips were soft, warm, and gentle. It felt like a loving first kiss and besides that it was with a boy he didn't really like, Taemin didn't hate it. Once he got used to the feeling and closed his eyes, anyway, it didn't feel different than the first kiss he'd imagined with a girlfriend that he'd never had.

 

The kiss came to an abrupt stop with the beeping of Taemin's cell phone in his pocket. Minho pulled away and Taemin blushed and averted his eyes as he checked the message from Kibum.

 

“My friend knows,” he said objectively and went to stand up.

 

“Taeyeon-” Minho said softly as he jumped up too.

 

This time Minho simply followed Taemin as he went outside in a daze. It had started to rain but he barely noticed it as he left the building. Minho disappeared and then came back suddenly with an umbrella in hand. He popped it open and held it over both of them.

 

“Thanks,” Taemin said absently as he looked down and walked out of the school, unsure of where he was going exactly but first heading for home.

 

After a long silence, Taemin sighed and asked in a neutral voice, “How long are you going to follow me?”

 

Minho smiled sheepishly and said, “Until you give me a chance to apologize.”

 

“Apologize?” Taemin repeated in confusion, cocking his still girly head to the side.

 

“I kissed you too suddenly, I think. I should have controlled myself,” he said guiltily.

 

Taemin blushed at the sudden reminder of that.

 

“Don't remind me how a boy stole my first kiss when I'm not even gay,” he muttered in annoyance.

 

“You're not gay?” Minho asked in surprise. “I thought you both were to become girls so convincingly.”

 

That made sense when Taemin thought about it, too. But he didn't remember Kibum or him ever being attracted to a boy.

 

“It's okay. I can get you to like me,” Minho said confidently.

 

Taemin's mouth dropped for the millionth time that day and he looked at Minho in disbelief. Minho was wearing a sweet yet mischievous smile. Minho reached up to close his mouth gently and then quickly pecked his lips.

 

“Now I have your first two kisses,” he said cheerfully.

 

“Knock it off!” Taemin said in annoyance and scrubbed at the warm, tingling feeling on his lips.

 

Minho chuckled and kept staring down at him with a bright goofy smile. “You are really cute when you're angry, you know?”

 

“You are infuriating,” Taemin grumbled and refused to look at him any longer.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

Kibum bit his lip and glanced at the door, clutching his phone. Jonghyun still hadn't come out. He could hear the sounds of the piano going again.

 

Kibum was worried that later he wouldn't have the guts to make a situation like that again. Jonghyun had played right into his hands and it was so obvious to him now that he was the culprit. He still thought Minho could also be one, but for sure Jonghyun was fooling around with the girls at the school. He didn't want to lose the chance to catch him.

 

He took a deep breath and put the recorder from his bag into his pocket. He had a vague plan as he dropped his bag outside the door and stepped back inside the room quietly.

 

Jonghyun looked up from the piano and his expression noticeably brightened when he saw Kibum in the doorway.

 

“You came back?” Jonghyun asked hopefully.

 

Kibum smiled playfully and walked to the piano side. “Yeah. My mom says my tutoring got canceled today so I have some spare time.”

 

“Did you want to play again?” Jonghyun said like a happy puppy, motioning to the keys.

 

“No, I don't feel like playing the piano,” Kibum said coyly.

 

“What do you want to do?” Jonghyun said teasingly as he stood up.

 

“I want you to show me what you were teaching me earlier, oppa,” Kibum said suggestively as he backed towards a desk and crooked a finger towards Jonghyun who followed obediently.

 

Kibum carefully sat on the desk and reached in his skirt pocket. Kibum flipped on the recorder in his pocket discreetly. Jonghyun stood in front of him close.

 

“Is that really okay, Gwiboon?” he asked nervously as his hands went up to brush his hair.

 

Kibum wondered why a ert who had obviously invited him here for a purpose and was always hitting on him was all of a sudden asking permission.

 

“Sure, it's okay,” Kibum said sweetly with a warm smile.

 

He took Jonghyun's hand confidently and brought it towards him, forcing Jonghyun to take a few steps closer. They were only inches apart but because Kibum was sitting down there was quite a difference in level.

 

Jonghyun reached forward and his hair lightly. Kibum smiled confidently with reassurance. Jonghyun played with it and then took his hands to cradle and trace Kibum's face.

 

Kibum watched the sweet expression playing on his face curiously as the man gently touched him. There was something almost heartbreakingly sincere about it. Kibum had just figured he'd attack like a boar or something and leave slobber everywhere.

 

He felt himself getting hot and he couldn't look at Jonghyun's warm gaze. Jonghyun smiled sweetly and leaned down to brush feather kisses along Kibum's cheeks. It felt really soft and electrifying. He felt a blush coming on and figured it was just from the awkwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter