D-Day is here!

Operation L.O.V.E.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key and Taemin somehow felt really happy and excited going to school that day, much more light-hearted and complaining less about the make-up and wigs that itched and fake stuffed bra that felt uncomfortable and awkward on their bodies.

 

For Taemin, he was afraid that he didn't know the reason, but he had a feeling it had something to do with Minho. He just never gave up no matter what Taemin said or how cold he treated him. And as Minho had continued to say sweet things and shoot charisma from his eyes, lips, movements, and just being, he started feeling more and more overwhelmed by him.

 

He'd started feeling affectionate and possessive of him as girls flirted and tried to get his attention and as his guy friends did the same. They'd hung out a couple of times after school at Minho's insistence, and Taemin hated to admit that when he let his guard down, he really enjoyed it. Minho was at least a fun person that he enjoyed company with.

 

These warm and hot, constantly changing feelings probably meant he liked him, but Taemin was trying not to think about it. Key had said that love happens naturally and if you try thinking about it too much, you are forcing it or fooling yourself.

 

Kibum was feeling light-hearted because he was excited to finally have his exam. He hadn't been able to get any more clues. As much fun as it had been getting a rise out of Jonghyun, Minho and other teachers to get more hints by his seductive charms, they just didn't seem to know more or want to tell him to his disappointment. All he'd gotten was that the last name was Yong of the doctor.

 

He'd tried talking to his girl friend about it at lunch the day after he'd seen her with her clothes ripped but when he brought it up, her face had gone stone blank and she'd said tonelessly that she didn't know what he was talking about. It had frustrated and worried him more than it scared him as it would others.

 

Taemin was a bit scared of what that doctor did in those exams to make the girls like that but for Kibum, it made him curious and sated his thirst for mystery. He'd always enjoyed movies that made him think, guess, and solve, so to him this felt like a movie and it was fun being the main character. Since he was playing a girl, kind of like he was Nancy drew.

 

Yeah, he liked that comparison because she was kind, pretty, confident, smart and quick. And she'd always get out of any fix she was in, sometimes the help of her boyfriend was necessary. He thought about a black knight and smiled to himself as Jonghyun's face popped into his mind.

 

Things hadn't chanced much in the classroom in that department. Jonghyun still was careful not to touch or flirt excessively with the students, though the girls never ceased trying to tempt him. Key didn't really care what they tried because the small looks Jonghyun sent him full of worry, care, curiosity and desire made him sure Jonghyun was keeping his promise to stay clean and still felt something for Kibum.

 

Kibum didn't know if it was more than just a fun game with someone he found interesting and easy to fool but he was pleased by Jonghyun's continued attention.

 

So Key usually hung out for a little while after class as did Jonghyun so they could talk before P.E. They'd play the piano, talk about school, Kibum's hobbies, Jonghyun's lives, and any random thing. Key found himself telling Jonghyun his real information that wouldn't reveal his gender, though his hobbies all could be easily applied to girls.


Kibum in turn asked Jonghyun some questions, surprised to find that he hadn't gone to college, lived away from his family, had several dogs he loved, and had been playing the guitar and singing since middle school. He wasn't a genius but Kibum didn't think he was totally stupid either. The way he lacked common sense but put his all into anything with sincerity was endearing.

 

Sometimes Jonghyun would hold his hand or give him a loose hug or a light peck before Kibum left. Otherwise anything physical was kept to a minimum, which was comfortable for Kibum because it didn't put so much stress on his heart. Though the way Jonghyun looked at him with sweet, tortured puppy eyes like he wanted to do so much more made him warm and tingly inside.

 

Jonghyun hadn't said once more that he liked him, but he sent so many obvious messages. Kibum wasn't indifferent to it either, he felt something too. But Kibum was a boy playing a girl with an obviously straight man, so he kept his actions cool and didn't let the idea go to his head.

 

Their play, their fairy tale, couldn't go beyond the classroom. At 12 in the afternoon today, once he got the proof that was needed, it would be over and beautiful Gwiboon would go back to his college and dancing normal life as Kim Kibum. His world would be spinning on its normal axis again, unlike it had since he'd put on this disguise.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

In the morning as usual, the English teacher was nervous, fidgety, and kept glancing from the clock on the wall to the window during his lecture. Kibum watched him out of habit, though he was sure that man couldn't do anything to cure his curiosity.

 

Kibum watched, but no girl would be leaving until around fifth period, music class for him, when another girl was called in. As he expected, there was no movement, but it allowed him to think through his very flexible plan again until he had it memorized.

 

He sensed Taemin's eyes on him and turned to see the ultra pretty girl's face turned down in worry and anxiety. Kibum gave him a reassuring, confident smile, just like how he felt and patted his leg under the table. Taemin chuckled and then rolled his eyes back to the board, amused at Kibum's actions.

 

The classes seemed to fly by that day, though Kibum didn't remember a single thing he did. At lunch he was chatting with the girls like normal, though Taemin was talking to Minho. He had been doing drills again in the garden and snatched his baby away as soon as they'd met eyes. Kibum was called to Jinki's office. Half the girls gave him worried looks and the other half about what kind of bad things he could be up to lately.

 

“You know, just being too attractive and seducing teachers,” he said divaishly with a flip of his long hair as he grabbed his back pack and sauntered away.

 

When he entered Jinki's office, he was pacing.

 

“What's wrong, Jinki?” he said curiously as he sat down on a chair inside, crossed his legs and smirked.

 

“Should we just call this whole thing off? I don't want you to get hurt,” Jinki said quickly, his hands wringing his checkered sweater as he traced a long-stepped circle around his desk.

 

Kibum's eyes followed him lazily.

 

“If you stop me from doing it, then you'll never know what's really going on there and it's left as just a bunch of strange rumors. Besides I'm still a man and I'm not defenseless,” Kibum said persuasively.

 

“Okay, yeah. I see your point,” he said with a sigh. “Go do your thing and come back straight after. Until then, I'll just be like this.”

 

Kibum waved to him and chuckled as he still was circling his desk at a power walk and left the room.

 

“Wait!” Jinki said as he popped his head through the door.

 

“I think you should go to the classroom for a bit,” he said mysteriously.

 

Kibum wrinkled his brow.

 

“But there's nobody there?” he said in confusion.

 

Jinki just smiled and closed the door again.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

Kibum played with his hair and chewed his gum slowly in thought as he walked down the stairs, past the hall, and to the middle classroom on the left. Normally, he wouldn't have cared and would have just done what he wanted, but Jinki's lack of an explanation had perked his natural curiosity.

 

As he opened the door, a hand grabbed his wrist and pulled him inside. The room was slightly dark as the curtains had been closed. Kibum wasn't so scared because the hand felt hot, gentle, and familiar.

 

Jonghyun pulled him to his chest and wrapped him in a tight embrace. Kibum's arms were up against his chest, so it felt uncomfortable. He lightly pushed, though he liked the feeling of the strong arms around his back and the smell of Jonghyun's light cologne.

 

“Jonghyun sunseng, I can report this as ual harassment you know,” he said in a light warning, not sounding nearly as angry as he should be in this situation because he felt a bit surprised and happy to see him.

 

Jonghyun released him reluctantly. Kibum stepped a safer distance back to look at the man who was scratching the back of his head with a sheepish smile.

 

“Don't do that, please. It just feels like I haven't seen you in a while, and I'm worried sick about you with this exam today,” he said shyly, not in his usual confident, playful voice he had in class.

 

Kibum felt his heart skip in that strange feeling whenever he said something sweet. He bit back saying words about how cute the man looked.

 

“I'm going to be fine, I already told you that,” Kibum said with an eye roll and an irritated pout on his pursed lips.

 

Jonghyun nodded. There was edge and worry still written over his face.

 

“Do you still have my number? You didn't delete it, did you?” he asked and kept insisting until Kibum had handed him his phone.

 

Once he'd seen that 'Jjong oppa' still existed in his contacts, he handed the phone back with a serious face. Kibum missed his smile because looking at his worried expression made him feel unsure about what he was going to do, though Jonghyun didn't know anything about the spy thing. Jinki too and Taemin had both been expressing worry and uncertaintly as well.

 

“Why are the curtains shut?” Kibum said curiously.

 

Jonghyun looked apologetic.

 

“It would look bad if other people saw us alone together,” he said slowly.

 

“Oh, yeah,” Kibum said absently, feeling a strange sadness drop over him.

 

Well, what they had wasn't even really much of a fairytale because it had to be hidden from everyone. If it wasn't, Jonghyun would be fired and that was actually all his own fault ironically. Kibum knew it was risky to be around him so much, but somehow he just couldn't seem to help it. He kind of wished Jonghyun would find out his on his own and yet he also didn't want him to.

 

“You know I like you, right?” Jonghyun said with a crooked, charming smile.

 

“Neh,” Kibum said simply, looking down and feeling his cheeks flush with sudden embarrassment.

 

He knew all too well. Which was what had got him all messed up and confused like this. Jonghyun liked the female, Gwiboon, but Kibum, who was supposed to like pretty girls like himself, was falling for a boy because he kept pushing himself on him. But somehow Kibum didn't care about all that. He just wanted Jonghyun to keep liking him.

 

Jonghyun grabbed his hand lightly and pulled him closer. They turned towards the door and Jonghyun moved closer until Kibum was leaning against it. Their fingers linked and Jonghyun's other hand moved to rest against his hair and then caress his cheek. Kibum looked up at him warmly for just a second, his eyes meeting sweet chocolate brown full of desire, worry, care, and passion.

 

Kibum held his breath and stopped chewing his gum. Jonghyun's eyes traveled to his mouth and he moved closer in experimentation. Kibum squeezed his hand slightly and pulled him closer in a moment of craziness, his hand reaching up to thread in Jonghyun's spiky, soft hair. Jonghyun closed his eyes and slowly lowered his head for a long, sweet kiss.

 

It wasn't like their first kiss but it was more than the pecks he'd given Kibum recently. Their noses bumped as Jonghyun switched angles and took the kiss deeper. Kibum couldn't seem to resist giving him whatever he wanted. Lips sliding, tongues gliding, teeth nibbling, breath catching, hands tangling, they had a slow, steamy make-out session.

 

Jonghyun gave him gentle, lingering pecks like he didn't want to stop. But lunch was almost over and they couldn't be caught in here like this by the students. Jonghyun eventually pulled away and Kibum looked at him, feeling like he was seeing stars in front of his eyes. His cheeks as well as the rest of his body were on fire from passion, embarrassment and shyness.

 

“Just be careful, okay? I'll stick around here until its over,” Jonghyun said sweetly.

 

“Neh,” Kibum said in a daze.

 

He quickly grabbed his bag and practically ran from the room. Jonghyun watched him in sadness, worry, and amusement, his eyes also seeming to be sparkling, cheeks flushed, and lips red and swollen. When Kibum walked down to his locker, he realized he didn't have his gum anymore

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

During music class, Taemin kept watching him with worry and Kibum could feel Jonghyun's eyes on him more often than usual as well, though he was being discreet about it. Kibum focused on his lesson, chewing a new piece of gum and trying to keep the blush away that kept threatening to crawl onto his face.

 

Why did he have to meet Jonghyun right after their kiss? The kiss that had officially proved that he had fallen for Jonghyun. He felt more awkward with him, naturally. Because Kibum just hadn't liked a lot of people and that's how he got.

 

He couldn't smile or tease Jonghyun like he did before. He just ignored him and didn't make eye contact with him. Kibum knew Jonghyun was thinking he'd done something wrong, but he just couldn't seem to stop himself.

 

If he looked at Jonghyun now, he'd blush bright red and become a stuttering mess, if he could even speak at all. When he fell for people, they either thought he was even cuter or that he was really cold, depending on how they looked at it. He hoped Jonghyun was a bit smarter than those other people had been.

 

In the middle of class, a girl came with a note. Jonghyun's knitted brow and his worried glance at Kibum who was looking their way hopefully told him that it was time for his exam.

 

Kibum tapped Taemin's knee, gave him a confident smile, packed up his stuff and headed for the door. Jonghyun handed him the note and Kibum managed a small, reassuring smile.

 

Jonghyun watched him pass by with worry and frustration etched on his face, looking like he wanted to run after him. But he had class and everybody was watching their interaction with curiosity, so he stayed back and refocused his attention on the class.

 

Still, Jonghyun's mind wasn't on the class. They mostly just played instruments by themselves. Taemin watched Jonghyun with interest as he stood by the wall and looked expectantly out the window the whole t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter