Going Undercover is a Success and Scary

Operation L.O.V.E.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Taemin and Kibum were driving to school the next day, they were both feeling incredibly upbeat. They blasted 'I kissed a girl' from the radio and sang along with it loudly and danced a little in the car. Okay, Kibum danced a lot.

 

It was all for an obvious reason: boys. They both had been hanging out with Minho and Jonghyun a lot. Taemin had been going out with Minho on dates after school as a boy, though Kibum didn't know it. Jonghyun and Kibum met during lunch, talked, ate, kissed and played music together which Kibum told about half to Taemin.

 

Neither were Taemin or Kibum fighting that they liked the others anymore. But since Jonghyun didn't know about Kibum's situation and real identity, Kibum didn't think it was okay to date him, even when Jonghyun had asked about it. Being with Jonghyun just made him happy and right now he was fine with things the way they were. Maybe later his happiness would turn into bubbles, or maybe Jonghyun would magically accept that the girl he liked was a boy. Kibum just wasn't trying to think about it.

 

It had been a week since Kibum's failed investigation, and in that time, they'd heard of more rumors and seen some more strange incidents, which got Kibum even more certain that this Yong doctor was their guy. That day was finally Taemin's examination time. As Taemin and him went through classes regularly, Kibum passed him notes about the plan and quizzed him to make sure he had it memorized and was going to be safe.

 

Kibum was really nervous about sending his baby into the wolf's den but he didn't see anything else he could do about it. There was no other way, and they had their normal lives they needed to get back to.

 

They both separated at lunch after grabbing their sacks from their lockers, Taemin to go play soccer(or go to the equipment room)like he usually did now with Minho and Kibum to go to the classroom to meet Jonghyun.

 

When Kibum walked inside, Jonghyun pulled him inside as always. He hugged him tight and kissed his cheek.  Kibum greeted him with a smile and a peck on the lips. Jonghyun held his hand and pulled him to their usual desk top. They ate Kibum's lunch that he also prepared for two together. Then Jonghyun had Kibum sit between his legs on a desk. Jonghyun wrapped his arms around his back and set the guitar on his lap. They continued their guitar lesson sitting that way.

 

When Kibum's fingers got tired from playing the guitar, Jonghyun played it and sang softly into Kibum's ear, occasionally leaving kisses on his cheek that made him blush. Often he would whisper compliments and words of love that made Kibum's skin crawl and heart race in a good way.

 

When he left for the rest of lunch and to come in with the rest of the students, Kibum blew him a kiss and promised to see him later. Jonghyun sat on a desk with a sweet yet goofy smile and waved as he left.

 

Before P.E. neither Taemin nor Minho were to be found and Kibum wondered if they were bailing on the plan with worry. However, Jonghyun came out to teach the class and informed him that Taemin had gone to the building and Minho was waiting outside the door in case something happened.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

Taemin was called from the music room to go to the nurse's office for his exam. On his way there, Minho spotted him from the field, grabbed his wrist gently and took him to the equipment room. It now had a lot of memories for Taemin, ones that made him blush and that he could never speak of to anyone.

 

Minho first took him in a warm embrace, his strong arms always able to cradle Taemin gently. Taemin enjoyed the feel so he hugged back. But as he tried to pull away, Minho held onto him tight.

 

“Minho, you know I have to go take that exam. It's important and it's our last chance,” he said lightly with another push against Minho's iron grip.

 

“I don't want you to go. I'm not comfortable with it and there's a weird feeling about today,” he said stubbornly and firmed the grip of his arms.

 

Taemin sighed. He decided to use another tactic that was more likely to be effective on the soft-hearted, strong bodied, protective athlete. He leaned up and traced kisses along his neck to his mouth where he gave sweet, teasing pecks. Minho released him but his expression was sullen.

 

“Okay, I know you have to go. You want to return to your life of being a boy, and I want to be able to date you freely,” he agreed grudgingly.

 

“Thanks!” Taemin said brightly and gave him a grateful hug around the waist.

 

Minho kissed his forehead but still looked displeased as he walked out.

 

“I'll be fine, I promise. I just get in, record, and get out,” he said soothingly and lightly brushed Minho's arm.

 

Minho still looked reluctant. “I'm going to sit at this door until you come out. If there's a problem, just yell my name.”

 

Taemin nodded. Minho reached up and brushed his hand over his head with worry on his handsome face. Taemin smiled sweetly with reassuring confidence and then headed for the door. Minho watched his angel open the door and walk into the lion's den, helpless and panicky.

 

“Welcome, Taeyeon. Come have a seat here,” came the voice of that man.

 

When the door shut, Minho felt his nerves spike as he heard a lock. Was it usual to lock the doors for an examination? It made him more aware and unwilling to leave. He decided to camp in front of the door as he leaned against it, trying to hear any small noise, which he couldn't hear much.

 

He messaged Jonghyun, who agreed to help with his class for the day. Jonghyun already understood the torture of the girl he liked going through one of these mystery exams, after all.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

The doctor, Yong Junhyung as he'd introduced himself, was fairly tall, handsome, blonde, with a charming smile and kind eyes. He had a deep, reassuring kind of voice and a way of moving and talking that made him seem so non-threatening. Taemin held the recorder that was switched on like a life-saver for his nerves as he sat on the sheeted bed, on alert 100%.

 

There was a nurse in the room but she was the usual. Pretty, skinny, kind, talkative and always wore a smile.

 

“How about we start by checking your vitals, Taeyeon?” he suggested.

 

The doctor shone a light in his ears, eyes, and mouth. He made him stick his tongue out and poked his mouth with a stick. He checked his heart beat and his blood pressure. Then the nurse checked his weight, height, and body size. Taemin did as he was asked and watched everyone with suspicious, wary eyes.

 

“Now we're going to need some samples,” he said with his kind, all too trust-worthy yet slightly greasy smile.

 

They took his blood sample and the doctor talked him through it since Taemin was a bit afraid of needles. They took a scrape of skin and they also had him go in the bathroom for a urine sample. Once he was done with that, they took it to a room for tests and he had to wait in the first room. When they came back several minutes later, the nurse handed him scrubs and told him to change.

 

When he was in the scrubs, carefully concealing all body parts and underwear, they led him to a room that was full of machines. His heart jumped as he had all kinds of horror images that a high schooler would have, like poking out his eye, taking a limb, or squishing him between two metal plates.

 

But actually all he did w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter