Getting a little food

Closure


Youngjae's apartment was very much Daehyun's taste, modern and comfy. He could definitely see himself living here as he set his things down on Youngjae's couch. Youngjae went into the kitchen, phone in hand as Daehyun browsed over the paperwork strewn on the coffee table. They were just notes over their schedule and some of the missions they had down. Daehyun peeked into the kitchen, seeing Youngjae sip some water while looking at a delivery menu. There was a very familiar black sweater laying on the back of a chair and Daehyun felt his heart fill with longing. Youngjae glanced over at him, smiling. “Hey what do you want to eat? I was thinking noodles.”

Daehyun loved eating any kind of noodles, especially jajangmyeon. “Sounds good to me.”

Youngjae nodded, knowing Daehyun so well that he already knew what to order. “Cool. You can go and put your stuff in the guest room. It's the room to the left of the restroom.”

Daehyun gripped his bag a little tighter as Youngjae tapping on his phone, texting their order. He bit his lip, wanting to say something but didn't. He walked away, briefly glancing at the walls and admiring the art Youngjae picked out. It reminded Daehyun about that one summer they had together, having in a cabin on the beach for a week straight. It had been full of passion and love and this train of thought made his stomach queasy. So he moved into the guest room, chuckling at how loud in color it was. 

Daehyun sat on the bed, putting his head into his hands. His heart was beating hard from the excitement and anxiety of being so close to Youngjae but at the same time, he couldn't do much until this last mission was over. 

“Daehyun! The food is here.”

Daehyun's stomach growled at Youngjae's words, making Daehyun forget this thoughts and just focus on the food. He met Youngjae back in the kitchen, who was unwrapping their bowls and setting out the side dishes. Youngjae handed Daehyun his jajangmyeon while breaking his chopsticks, “Smells good huh? We can go ahead and eat in the living room.”

Youngjae grabbed a silver tray from his cabinets, loading the dishes onto it. Daehyun helped him by carrying the drinks and Youngjae's phone. Youngjae moved all his paperwork off the coffee table, placing it on a nearby side table. “There we go.” Youngjae handed Daehyun a small bowl of rice, keeping one for himself as he slurped some of his jajangmyeon. The savory sauce hit Youngjae's tongue, making him moan from how delicious it was. He watched as Daehyun started scarfing down his food, his face smiling how good it was. He never changes. Youngjae's hand dipped in to his pocket, feeling his gift for Daehyun.

A ring, a simple silver ring with the words 'My Love' written on the inside. It was a promise to Daehyun that they would be together after all this, that his love was still burning deeply for him. But Youngjae didn't know if Daehyun still loved him even if he had watched Daehyun almost every moment they hadn't been together. He decided to wait and began talking about their mission. “I gave the others most of the weapons I had but I saved a couple of guns for us. Is there anything in specific you want?”

You. “Not really. All I want is a couple of knifes and a strong gun. Where do you think he's hiding his book?”

Youngjae sighed, “I honestly think we're going have to ambush him. He's so paranoid that I bet he even sleeps with the book. I fear that he'll have agents watching his back and that we'll have to fight them. We better be careful tomorrow, I have a feeling things are going to pick up fast.”

“Sounds good.” 

The silence came back but it was a comfortable silence as Daehyun and Youngjae shared a look, inching closer to each other to have their thighs touch. Youngjae hid a smile as he his tv, browsing through the channels, only to land on some random movie. Youngjae felt like he was making progress, the hole in his heart from when he had to turn away from s, was slowly closing up.