Paperwork and Excuses

Closure

Youngjae, more than ever, wished he could be with his friends. With the latest mission of taking down the mob boss and saving the children from being sold off, his team had the next couple of days off before the next job while he had the pleasure of writing a full and detailed report of what happened as well as suggestions of what missions the group could do next. Half way through page five and he still wasn't done, but this was his responsibility. They were the sword and he was their shield, albeit not an obvious one. If they ed up, it was him who got punished. 

He pushed away his pen and focused on the tv in front of him, showing the different cameras installed in the house the gang was given to live in. Youngjae had to watch then 24/7, he couldn't have them rebelling. He doubt they would but he didn't need his boss to chew him out for not watching them. The tv showed their vitals (from a device planted in each of them) as well as their locations. Yongguk was with Himchan, the two of them cooking. Jongup and Junhong were upgrading their cars, casually talking as well. But what broke his heart was seeing Daehyun lounging in bed, looking at the necklace Youngjae sent him. He looked beautiful with his ratty blue sweatpants and dingy white shirt, simply ravishing. He wondered what Daehyun could be thinking about. 

Him? 

Youngjae felt the burning in his stomach at the thought of reuniting with Daehyun but for now it couldn't be. They wouldn't accept his excuses, the deals he made in order for them to be free. They wouldn't (or maybe they would) but Youngjae just couldn't bring himself to face them. He didn't want them to look at him with disgust and pity and he certainly didn't want Daehyun to tell him off. He knew that his boss wanted him to stay away from them, a punishment for taking so long in bringing down the other gang as well as rejecting his advances and taking Daehyun as a lover. He felt sick at the memories of touches and caresses he didn't want, how easily that man could have broken him had he not had a place to escape. 

For now Youngjae was safe. His boss couldn't touch him since all eyes were on him and his gang. He was building evidence against his boss and his corruption and if something were to go wrong and should he perished, the evidence would go to Daehyun and Youngjae knew he would be avenged.