Kitchen Discussions

Closure

This was the moment Daehyun had been wanting ever since Youngjae had left them. He never thought that he was an undercover agent, set on getting dirt on their rival gang. It was hard to swallow thinking that everything they had could have been fake. And it didn't help that he missed Youngjae terribly. He watched Youngjae nibbling on a cracker while talking to Jongup and he tapped the floor with his foot impatiently. He just wanted to pull Youngjae into his room and just have all his questions answered. Daehyun felt Himchan slide next to him and nudge him, a sly grin on his face. 

"So.. how are you holding up? I know it must be hard to stand back when he's right in front of you.” 

Daehyun sighed, his hands slipping into his pockets. "It's a little hard but I'm just really glad he didn't betray us and that he's been helping us from the shadows. I can't wait until all this boils over. I miss him and I hope he missed me.” 

Himchan glanced at Youngjae and chuckled when he saw him sneak a look at Daehyun. "I'm sure he misses you too because after all he came back, didn't he?”

Daehyun sighed, his shoulders slightly hunched as he leaned against a kitchen counter. "Yeah but then again, we are the best at what we do. What happens when we succeed and he doesn't want me back?”

"Trust me kid, he wants you back. If you can't stop worrying, I'll go ask him if you want.”

Daehyun smiled at Himchan, "Thanks hyung but I think I'll be fine.” He moved over to stand next to Youngjae and his heart felt light when Youngjae smiled at him. He opened his mouth to ask Youngjae about his gift (bribe) for coming back when Yongguk clapped his hands for attention. He moved to the center of the kitchen, his soup bowl empty in front of him.

“"Alright we have the information, we have supplies, and we have allies if we need them. Now we have to think about consequences. Youngjae tell us what could happen.”

Youngjae nodded, coughing to clear his throat. "I have coworkers who are retiring, so this won't affect them. I have a friend whose dad is a fashion mogul but has his fingers dipped in many places. They can direct us to anyone we might need, like lawyers or real estate agents for later. But I don't see anything negative in our future. We'll have everyone behind bars and we'll be sipping mojitos on a beach miles away.”

Yongguk nodded," Sounds good. Now that business has been attended to, Youngjae will need someone to accompany him to his apartment in case something happens. Daehyun,1 want you to go since the rest of us will busy. Sounds good?”

Everyone nodded and Yongguk looked to Himchan. "I want you to make sure we have everything ok? I don't need a repeat of last time.”

Himchan scowled, threatening to throw a spoon at Yongguk. "That wasn't my fault and you know that! How was I supposed to know the missile launcher had no missiles when I don't use it?'

Everyone laughed at Yongguk's waving hand. "Alright I get it. Just make sure and we'll be good, ok? Now it's getting so Dae get your stuff and don't do anything I wouldn't do.”

Daehyun huffed, his mouth turning into a pout. “You make it sound like I do on purpose.”

Jongup raised an eyebrow, "You decided it was great idea to make out with Youngjae, making him the cue to start the dynamite. You're just lucky Junhong was there to snipe the dynamite.”

Daehyun closed his mouth, sighing when everyone started talking about all the stuff he's done. Youngjae tugged at his elbow, a smile on his face. "Let's get out of here because otherwise we'd be here all night. “

Ignoring the jab to his pride, they moved to Daehyun's bedroom, quickly packing the things he would need. Daehyun didn't bother asking any questions since he wanted complete privacy, and just to be safe he packed a bottle of lube. You never know when you might need it.