Closure

Closure

Daehyun needed closure, he thought about it every day he rotted in this jail cell along with s. Why? Why did Youngjae have to be an undercover cop? Was everything they did together a lie? Those nights lying in bed, making love to each other until the morning sun rose. Were those all a lie? He needed to know but Youngjae seemed to stay away from them. Daehyun had only seen him once, as Daehyun's photo was taken for their files. Youngjae had made sure they weren't treated horribly and once he saw they were behind bars, he had left without a backward glance. Yongguk had tried to comfort him, knowing how close they were but Daehyun couldn't focus on his words. All he wanted was an explanation and when he voiced this to Himchan, all he got was an “Are you sure you want to hear his explanation, even if it's something you don't want to hear?”

That made Daehyun think for days. Did he? Did he want to hear Youngjae? He never figured out if he wanted to because the very next day, they were forced out of their jail cell and put in front of a judge. Daehyun was ready to curse him out for sending them to jail but then a miracle happened.

“Because of your skills and connections, and because we were able to capture that vile gang, we have decided to hire you as a team of specialists that can take the cases that the police cannot. Do you take the offer?”

Yongguk spoke for them all when he nodded his head, “We do.”

The judge nodded and motioned for the guards to take them to their new rooms, where they could freshen up and receive their paperwork. Daehyun couldn't believe that they had this chance instead of being in jail but then he saw Youngjae watching them from a doorway, smiling sadly. Daehyun took in his injuries as Youngjae walked away. He could see Youngjae open his mouth before closing it, shaking his head. He started to walk in the opposite direction of the gang and Daehyun wanted to shout at him. Did he do this? Ask for their freedom but not join them? Daehyun didn't know if he could do this alone, without him. Daehyun wanted closure but Youngjae wasn't going to give it to him, at least, not anytime soon.