Reuniting

Closure

 

“Do you have your evidence right now? It'll help the members if they have something in front of them.” Youngjae smirked and held out the briefcase he had brought with him. “Everything. I know how our members work. I even brought those truffles Himchan loves from that bakery.”

Yongguk smirked, Youngjae had been the person to go to for organizing and having everything prepared ahead of time. “Alright come on, it's better if we go in together. Just...be careful, everyone's been on their toes since someone helped out at the last mission and we couldn't find them after.” Yongguk stopped before eyeing Youngjae, who winked at him. “Which was you huh? Thanks.”

Youngjae shrugged his shoulders, “I would do anything for you guys. Killing is just one of those things.” Yongguk had to fight the urge to pull Youngjae into another hug. He could feel the hole (the one Youngjae had created when he left) fill back up slowly. Yongguk open the porch door and looked inside, hoping nobody would see Youngjae until he gathered everyone into the living room. “Ok we're good, let's go.”

They tiptoed to the living room, sighing in relief when they saw nobody was there. Yongguk pointed to a lone sofa seat, “Sit there. I'm gonna call the members.” 

Youngjae nodded and Yongguk sighed before yelling loudly, “Assemble in the living room ten!” Youngjae smiled, ten was code meaning emergency, lock and load. It was one that the members rarely heard but knew when Yongguk used it, it meant business. Yongguk stood in front of him as the members piled in. First came Himchan, who was talked to Jongup about a knife he wanted to buy for the kitchen. Then came Junhong, playing a console game. And then Youngjae's heart practically flew out of his heart when he saw a sleepy Daehyun bump into Junhong. He wanted to go over and have Daehyun lean into him, slowly waking up to his warmth. 

Himchan eyed Yongguk, “What's up? You usually don't call ten.” 

Junhong pushed a button before putting away his console, his eyes stuck on Yongguk's face. “Would it have something to do with the person behind you? I heard you talking to someone outside.”

Yongguk shifted as Himchan tried to look around him. “It is. The person behind me asked for help and I said that we would help. This job, if you guys accept, will be difficult but rewarding. All I ask is that hold off all personal questions until the job is done. Taking that into consideration, will you all accept?”

Youngjae watched as they all nodded, only Jongup was a little hesitant but that was his style. He was always a bit cautious when it came to outsiders. He smiled as Daehyun yawned as he nodded, his eye smile so adorable. Himchan rose an eyebrow when Yongguk obviously relaxed his shoulders. “Do we know this person Guk? Is that why you asked?”

Yongguk nodded, “Yes. The person behind me is in a precarious spot and any information they accidentally offer, might be bad for us.” Yongguk looked behind him at Youngjae, who nodded. “You ready?”

Youngjae chuckled, the sound making Daehyun freeze. “As ready as I can be.”

Yongguk hummed, stepping to the side and letting everyone see Youngjae. Everyone's eyes widened before chaos rang out. Himchan's angry face was Youngjae's first concern and he quickly opened his briefcase and pushed over four truffles on the coffee table. Himchan stopped, his hands in the air as he was ready to go over and strangle Youngjae. He eyed the truffles, glancing over at Youngjae with narrowed eyes. “Is this a bribe?”

Youngjae shrugged his shoulders, not looking in Daehyun's direction. “If you don't want them, I'm sure Junhong and Jongup might want them.” He turned to the maknaes, “Isn't that right? Himchan never shares his chocolate when he gets any.”

Junhong looked at Yongguk, who smiled, before turning back to Youngjae with a mischievous smile. “Well duh, just look at him. He's gained a little weight.”

Himchan's face turned red, “Yah! You little brat!” He lunged at Junhong, who swiped one of the truffles off the table. He took a big bite, humming as the sweet chocolate melted in his mouth. “Delicious. If you don't want the rest hyung, I can eat them for you.”

Himchan smacked Junhong on the head before giving Jongup one truffle, unable to resist his puppy eyes. “No more for you brat.” He ate half of a truffle, his face contorting into pleasure before remembering who gave him the truffles. Himchan turned to look at Daehyun, whose eyes were stuck on Youngjae. Youngjae, on the other hand, was still looking at Himchan, waiting for a response. “Well? Did you like them?”

Himchan swallowed, the chocolate in his mouth went down thickly. His mind was going a mile a minute, wondering what Youngjae was doing here. Well as his mind was thinking about the last time he had seen Youngjae, his heart wished Youngjae was here just to apologize and come back. But it didn't look like he was here for that. “They taste fine kid, but the more important question is why didn't you buy like thirty of these? You know I end up eating four a day.”

Youngjae smiled before pulling out a card and handing it over to Himchan, who looked at the single chocolate bar printed on it. “What's this?” Youngjae smirked, “That card gives you unlimited access to any bakery and pastry shop. Just flash them the card and it'll be taken care of, so you don't have to pay.”

Himchan was floored, he could get as many truffles he wanted? Ugh it was hard thinking badly of Youngjae, the kid just had a way winning Himchan back over. “You play a hard bargain. Alright kid, I'll take you back but no more funny business.” He sat down, slipping the card into his wallet as Youngjae took something else out of his briefcase. Youngjae turned to Jongup, handing him a car key. Everyone was quiet as Jongup looked over the key, looking up at Youngjae who nodded. “Well what is it?”

Jongup rose off the couch, taking long strides until he was able to tug Youngjae up and sweep him into a hug. Youngjae hugged Jongup back, chuckling when Himchan made a noise. “What did you give him? I've never seen him that way except....when he's talking about that car he wants. Damn, tell me you didn't.”

Youngjae let Jongup go, winking at Himchan. “I did. It took a while but I had a friend who was working for a very important car dealer and I got it with a friend's discount.” Jongup coughed, his hand stoking the key. “How much of a discount? It was over four million.” Youngjae leaned over to whisper in Jongup's ear, laughing when Jongup's jaw dropped. “That much of a discount? Hyung! Thank you so much.”

Junhong sat down, putting his feet on the coffee table. “Where's my gift? It would mean if you only brought gifts for Himchan hyung and Jongup hyung.” He grinned as Youngjae rolled his eyes at him, tossing him a plastic bag. “Enjoy.”

Youngjae watched as Junhong pulled out a simple black USB. He looked confused until Youngjae started explaining. “I heard that you wanted to play around with some encrypting software so I asked around and that's apparently the best program to work with.” 

Junhong grinned, flipping the USB in his hand, “Aw hyung, you know how to butter a person up. I'm glad you're back.”

At those words, Daehyun finally spoke up. “You are back right? The job is just something extra right?”

Youngjae sighed, “This job prevents me from fully coming back. I told Yongguk everything and now it's time for you guys to know the truth. I was an agent who joined your gang to take down the Phoenix clan. Being kidnapped wasn't part of the plan but it worked for the best. Because you guys helped bring down the group and hadn't murdered anyone in your plans to save me, I was able to convince the judge to make you guys specialists. But that's not all. My boss is a corrupt man and has done some awful things. I helped a friend escape from being whored out and now I plan to take my boss down.”

Youngjae locked eyes with Daehyun, “Once I destroy my boss, I plan to rob him of his money and have us move to a nice island to relax for the rest of our lives.” The unspoken with you seemed to click in Daehyun's mind and he narrowed his eyes in a way he hadn't since Youngjae left. It seemed like Daehyun's mind was made up and any personal questions he could ask, Youngjae knew he would wait until they were alone. 

Daehyun turned to Yongguk, “What do we need to do?”

Smiling, Yongguk turned to Youngjae, who started pulling out papers. “His name is Lee Minho, age 46 and the founder of the agency. The agency has no name, no paper trail, and everything is computer based. That way he can pull the plug if something goes wrong and delete everything. Like I told Yongguk, we need his black book. It contains the names and numbers of all the people he's worked with, including information to blackmail them with. It's the only paper trail he uses since he's the only one he can write in it.” 

Youngjae turned to Junhong, “I need you to hack into his computer and copy everything you can without letting alerting him. Bank statements, emails..” Youngjae took a deep breath before saying the next part, “women he's whored around so his clients and judges would do as he asked, as well as agents whose lives he ruined by sending them to Sector 8.”

Jongup bit his lip, “Sector 8?”

Youngjae nodded, “Sector 8 is where agents go if they failed a mission. It's a place that changes people and not in a good way. They force agents to go undercover for several years, experiment on them, and other things I rather not say. Minho personally goes to make sure Sector 8 is in tip top shape every four months, which is in about two weeks. Which is why we have to work fast since I feel like he's not coming back from Sector 8.”

“Why not just follow him if he leaves?” Youngjae turned to Himchan, shaking his head. “It's all the way in America, where he can easily go under the knife and disappear for the rest of his life. He can also send agents from Sector 8 to kill me if I go that way. That's why with his black book, I can jail all the corrupt agents as well.”

Yongguk took one of the papers on the table, looking at the man on the top. “Alright, we'll start with surveillance. We'll have Himchan and Jongup follow him around, Daehyun will search his house, Youngjae will search his office and Junhong will remotely hack his computer. I'll make some calls so we can escape safely when this hits public. Himchan, I'll also need you to organize all of this so it will look even worse in public. I'm sure Youngjae will give you even more details.” 

Youngjae's heart went faster at the thought that this might be over soon and he and Daehyun could be together again. He cleared his head, trying to focus. “I brought guns, ammo, and vests in my trunk.”

Yongguk nodded, “Alright we can get them later but for now-” He rubbed his stomach, “I'm hungry so let's eat.”

Himchan rolled his eyes, “ I asked you if you wanted to eat but you said no and went out to smoke. I know you get hungry after smoking so I left you some soup and crackers in the kitchen. Thankfully I made enough so Youngjae can eat too.” He smiled at Youngjae, “Go and eat. We can go over this later.”

Youngjae nodded, moving to follow Yongguk when he saw that Daehyun got up and moved closer to him. He bit his lip before holding out his pinky, hoping Daehyun would intertwine their pinkies together. Holding pinkies was their way of asking for forgiveness. Daehyun looked at his pinky, glancing up at Youngjae before hesitantly hooking his pinky around Youngjae's. Youngjae gave Daehyun a bright smile, his heart bursting from the love he felt for Daehyun. 

They really needed to talk in private but first, he needed to eat.