The Beginning of the End

Closure

Youngjae cursed, aiming his M40 at the small targets in front him. The mission had been for Yongguk and the gang to break up a drug exchange and bring down as many as they could while bringing back the big fish– namely Lee Joon of the Dragon clan and Bang Minah of the Snake clan. Arresting those two would make Youngjae's boss, Lee Minho, back off for a little bit and give him more time to gather evidence against him. Youngjae had already found some very incriminating videos about some secretaries being whored around so judges would sign Minho's warrants faster. Nobody should suffer that. 

Youngjae took down three people in succession, smirking when everyone started looking around to see who was shooting. Youngjae didn't bother shooting at the small fry since Himchan and Junhong were taking care of them, so focused on Lee Joon and Bang Minah. He killed Lee Joon's right hand man and he even shot Lee Joon in the shoulder, making him fall to the floor and letting Daehyun handcuff him. Youngjae watched Minah pull out a pistol and took his shot, embedding his bullet in her wrist. He felt some satisfaction as Jongup tackled Minah to the floor and handcuffed her as well. 

With most of the gang members dead and the leaders arrested, Youngjae snapped some pictures for his report. He watched as Junhong motioned to where Youngjae was hidden and smiled, Junhong was always good at figuring out where people were shooting from. He stood up and left, knowing that they would try and come looking for him, maybe ask questions they didn't want to know the answer to. Youngjae moved quickly, storing his gun in the passenger's seat and sped away, only looking back to see Himchan and Daehyun burst out of the building he had been in. 

With no license plates on his car, he knew it would be hard for them to track him. He grabbed his phone and called Jessica, Minho's secretary and the only women to not be whored around since her father was a very important man. “Hey, the job's done. I'll bring the report in Thursday.”

Youngjae turned left onto his street, listening to Jessica's soft voice. “That's fine. Don't come by tomorrow. Zico failed his mission.”

Youngjae in his breath in shock, Zico had been one of the best agents Youngjae knew and one of the oldest. All Youngjae had known about Zico's mission was that he had to protect a foreign ambassador from someone who was sending him death threats. If he failed his mission...that meant Zico was going to be sent to Sector 8, where it was rumored the agents had to go undercover in the most seediest of places. It was a place that made people change and not in a good way. The only way you could escape going was to do your job or bribe someone and agents didn't have the best salary. If Youngjae ever felt like he was going to be sent to Sector 8, he was going to quit and leave. He was going to make sure they couldn't make him come back. 

“Is he going to be sent away?”

Youngjae heard Jessica sigh, “They're debating it. He let the ambassador get killed but I've heard rumors that that's exactly what Minho wanted. And if that's true, then Zico might get sent to Sector 5.” Sector 5 was a place where agents who knew too much were sent. They had easy missions but were watched for months until the agency knew they weren't a risk. “What do you think?”

“I think it'll be Sector 5 because they know Zico is good at what he does. He may even get sent overseas for scouting missions but I don't think they'll waste his talents. So stay away before Minho thinks about sending Zico your way.”

Youngjae parked his car in his garage, throwing his keys on the living room table as he sat on his couch. “Alright. Call me when you know what's gonna happen to him and if Minho's on the rampage for blood. If so, I'll just email you the report and not come in.”

Youngjae heard silence for a moment before he heard Jessica's voice. “There's something else too. I know you're collecting to fight against him. Count me in. I heard him talking to Max Changmin about getting a new secretary and how I might be of use to him. Like hell I'm letting Max Changmin get ahold of me. I'm telling my father that I'm bored with my job and he'll let me go do what I want but I have collected some things for you. Let's meet tomorrow and I'll give them to you before talking to my father.”

Youngjae closed his eyes, Max Changmin was a very greedy and corrupt judge who allowed Minho to do what he wanted as long as his demands were met. Jessica was being very brave. “Alright but I suggest telling your dad tonight. I have a bad feeling that if you're too slow, Minho will get you. Talk to Jaehwan, you know he's clean and can guard you until tomorrow.” 

“Youngjae if I don't see you tomorrow, know that Minho got to me and tell my father. Raise hell but you better get me back.”

Youngjae nodded, even though he knew she couldn't see. “Keep your gun on you and text me every three hours. See you tomorrow.”

“Later.”

Youngjae hung up and just stared at the ceiling, feeling like he was going to throw up. He was moving quicker than he thought but if it took down Lee Minho, it would be worth it. Until then he would contact Jaehwan and make sure he kept Jessica safe. He also needed to call Seokjin and get some extra weapons. If he needed to raise hell, he would notify Yongguk, who he knew wouldn't stand for corruption. Not if Youngjae showed him the evidence. He glanced over at his tv and saw his friends eating, smiling brightly at the success of their mission. They had no idea of the drama that was brewing but Youngjae had a feeling they would soon.