Y

Long May He Reign

in this chapter, we will fast forward and they will be 17.

Luhan paced his room anxiously, he wasn't ready, he had one wish, to never become king, but tomorrow his wish would be crushed and long forgotten,for tomorrow was his 18th birthday, and he was to be declared king.
A light knock on the door woke the prince from his thoughts, he turned around and a boy shorter, he shuffled into the room with a gummy smile on his face. Luhan sighed with a smile before walking over to the boy and embracing him.

" hello my prince." Xiumin giggled into the others chest. After a moment they broke from each other and walked over to the sitting area in the princes room. Xiumin knew what Luhan was thinking, he knew since they were little that his friends one wish was to never become king. He felt sorry, they both have been through so much already and this was going to be another journey, a very stressful one at that.

" It's okay, i'll be right by your side, i wont ever leave you Luhan." Xiumin put his hand on the others cheek and smiled. Luhan instantly felt at ease, no matter what it was, if Xiumin was there everything was well with the world. He would never admit it though, for he is to wed someone else in a matter of days after his coronation, but Luhan was in love with his friend, and to make matters more complicated, his friend was deeply in love with him as well. head over heels in love with each other. It didn't matter that they were men, everything about one another made them melt with pure bliss.

" Hello my soon to be king and husband!" Anne skipped in the room with a smile. Xiumin quickly took his hand off of his friends face and stood up.

" hello miss Anne...ill leave you two alone." Xiumin quickly walked to the door and closed it behind him, Luhan pouted after hearing the click of the closed door.

"what is the sad look for my love? I am here now, no need to be upset!" Luhan scoffed at the comment before standing up himself, Anne really was too much for him. After the passing of his parents, their engagement continued as if they never talked about breaking it off.

"Hello my lady, what do i owe the pleasure of you being here today?"

" Look Luhan i know you dont want to marry me, and thats fine, there are plenty of rulers who were not in love, but i do ask of you to give up on your little love for the server boy Xiumin. It's just pathetic for us both, for a king to love a server, a server BOY at that. It's unspeakable." Luhan scoffed at the comment. Xiumin was no longer a servant boy, and hadn't been for many years now, to be little him for being a lower class was angering.

" Lady Anne as much as i am enjoying this wonderful conversation we are having, im afraid i am going to leave." Anne shot up from her seat and followed as Luhan left to room. The little lecture lady Anne had given the prince was the 6th one this month.

" All i am trying to tell you my prince is that you need to get your head out of the clouds, you will be KING tomorrow, you are not a child in the garden anymore." Luhan stopped in his tracks as she said that, not a child anymore, she was right.

" well until next time my prince!" Anne said before skipping away.

A loud sound came from rooms down the hall.

A loud "ouch!" Soon followed after. Luhan walked to the room it seemed to be coming from, he perked his head in, and he saw his long lasting love holding his hand tightly.

" oh my! Xiumin you are bleeding! Let me go find you some cloth, keep applying pressure." said a servant in the room, Xiumin nodded to the lady with a smile. Thinking no one else was in the room, Xiumin started to scold himself.

" stupid... why do you always cause trouble." He stood up walking over to a window, still holding his hand. "Tomorrow he will be king, and not long after he will be a married man. Looks like neither of our wishes will come true my prince." feeling the urge to cry, he turned around to see Luhan standing there. With embarrassment he bowed to Luhan.

" You do not need to bow to me Xiu" Luhan giggled.

" I know my wish will not come true but yours still could." He grabbed the others hands, revealing Xiumins hurt hand. Luhan kissed it his wound before looking the older in the eyes.

" My wish of marrying a king will not come to be Luhan, there was only one King i wanted to marry and that was you." The smaller had no shame in loving the future king. Luhan on the other hand, -although feeling mutual to his friend- knew it was wrong to love him when he had no control over his own life. The tallers heart skipped a beat hearing those words from the smaller.

" Xiumin, i hope you would know that i would do anything to make you smile. You are my friend, my right hand man, my best man for when i am to be wed." The prince said and he guided Xiumin along with him to sit down.

" I know Luhan, i have always have known. You are my most favorite person in this world, i treasure you more than i do myself." He smiled.

Luhan took a deep breath before speaking once more.

"Xiumin....i want to tell you something. I have told you this many times in the past, but this time it is a different meaning."

"what is it you would like to tell me your majesty?"

Luhan sat up straight and cleared his throat, this was it, he would finally reveal his true feelings. He had realized in the past that he had never formally told his friend his feelings, all these years have past but he had never said those three words to him, and neo that his wedding was just days away, he needed to say it before it was too late.

" Xiumin.....i- I lo-"

" Sir Xiumin, we have found some cloth to cover your hand!" two servant girls walked up to Xiumin and fixed up his right hand. Luhan was feeling annoyed but relieved at the same time. He wanted to tell so badly of his feelings, but what would telling actually accomplish? What would happen after?

~~~~~~~

Luhan woke to a knock on the door the next morning. He groaned before rolling over and opening his eyes to see the door.

" what is it."

"Prince Luhan it is time to wake up! may i come in?"

Luhan smiled to the others voice. Xiumin. What a beautiful voice to wake up to.

" Yes, of course you may come in." Luhan shifted to his back so he could sit up, he uncovered his feet and slid them over to the end up the bed. The door slowly opened up to reveal a blushing Xiumin.

"Luhan you, you have no shirt on." He saw him shirtless multiple times before but he felt flustered every time, Luhan did have a flawless chest after all.

" Oh Xiumin! what is there to hide?" He stood up just a little to reach over and grab the others hand before pulling him down and onto the bed. They looked at each other laying on the bed, before Luhan put his lips on the other. They stayed like that for a moment before Xiumin started to kiss back, Luhan soon rolled over and sat upon Xiumns waist and deepened the kiss, it soon turned into a little session of sloppy kissing. Luhan grabbed Xiumins hands and held them above the others head with one hand,and trailed his other down to tug had the other pants.

" Wait Luhan, we cant go do this." Xiumin said breaking this kiss.

"But why? Is this not what you want? Because i want this more than anything." Xiumin heart dropped to his stomach.

"What are you saying? Do you want me as a partner now, is that what you want?"

"What? NO never! i want you! to be mine...Xiumin, what i wanted to tell you yesterday was that i love you." Luhan let go of the boy and off the top of him. Xiumin had a confused look on his face, trying to take in what he had just heard.

" you LOVE me?"

"yes"

"Love me as in family right?"

" no, i love you as in, i want to marry you." It was quiet for what seemed like an eternity to Luhan, before Xiumin grabbed his hand.

Luhan turned to look at the boy who had tears in his eyes.

" I love you too, i want the same as you Luhan, But it will never be, you are an engaged man, to the lady Anne. and you two will be the rulers of this land this afternoon, and i.....will be a servant once more." Xiumin kissed Luhan once more before breaking loose of the soon to be kings hold, and walking out of the room. Leaving his majesty once more. 
Luhan sat there on his bed processing everything, he realized what he had done, and how fast he made things go. Of course everything would be too much to take in for Xiumin, and what he did was inconsiderate to his love and to lady Anne. He felt his stomach turn, as he felt regret. 
"How could I do that to them?