O

Long May He Reign

just to make sure you dont get confused, in the first chapter they were both 5 and now in this chapter they will be 12.

 A couple months ago, Xiumins mother fell terribly ill, Xiumin never really imagined life without his mother, but once the sickness became worse its started to linger upon his mind. How will his life go on without her? What will happen to him, Xiumin was only 12 after all, would he be sent to an orphanage? If that happened he wouldnt be able to see Luhan again, and that thought itself, made him sad, losing his dear mother, and his best friend all in a matter of a couple days, horrible. He sat at the edge of his mothers bed holding her pale, cold hand, and prayed to whatever God there was to heal her. His eyes began to water, he was so afraid to lose her.

" Knock knock, hey xiu, is your mother feeling any better?" Luhan walks in with a basket of food, and following behind him was the queen. Xiumin stands up and bows to both his prince and queen before thanking them for bringing food. Over the past 7 years, Luhans mother and Xiumins mother became quit close to each other. Yes, yes it does sound weird, a servant and a queen as friends, but there wasnt a rule saying the couldnt be. Since they were friends, the queen granted her lovely new friend, and her son a home at the castle, and soon she became one of the queens ladies. Xiumin and his mother were no longer servants, but long term guests.

" Actually the total opposite" Xiumin sniffed trying to hide his sadness behind a smile. Luhan couldnt help but feel sorry for his friend, they have been through some much together and Luhan was always able to help him with his problems, but this one...this one he had no control over. Soon enough Xiumin broke down into tears, Luhan opened his arms and waited for his beloved friend to come towards him, Xiumin huddled  into Luhans embrace and cried. 

" Whats..Whats going to happen to me if she dies Luhan, im so afraid." Xiumins voice muffles in Luhans chest. Luhan looks at his mother with a questioning look, he honestly didnt know himself, what would happen to him?

 The queen sat down in a chair next to the boys, before taking Xiumins hand.

" Xiumin, if your mother, your amazing, loving mother, doesn't make it, You will go nowhere, even if the nuns, come into my castle to take you away. There is no way on Gods green earth i will let them take you away from here." The queen stood up, Xiumin broke away from Luhan and straight into the queens loving arms. He was so grateful for her, He was grateful to the king, and luhan for showing him love. Luhan looked at xiumin with loving eyes, He may still be young, but he knew that Xiumin was the most special person in his life. 

That night, tragedy happened, Xiumin woke up to his mothers dead body, He screamed in fear, and the guards ran in. they tried pulling him away from trying to wake up his mother.

" MOTHER WAKE UP PLEASE WAKE UP, NO NO NO PLEASE." he screamed shaking her.

" NO LET GO OF ME LET GO, I NEED TO BE WITH HER, LET GO." Luhan ran into the room full of screams to see Xiumin fighting against a guard who was holding him back as two other guards covered up his mother. 

"NO STOP, I NEED TO SEE HER, SHE CANT BE DEAD NO, NOOO" Xiumins struggles to break free. Luhan walks up to his crying friend, with tears of his own rolling down his face. Xiumin looks at him with pain in his eyes.

" luhan...." Xiumin whispers in a cry. The prince wraps his arms around Xiumin, the guard release his grasp on the boy and walks over to help with the body. The boys fall to their knees, Luhans embrace on the shorter becomes tight as he hears his cries. 

" xiu..." Luhan says, trying to find the words to comfort him.

" xiu, i-im so sorry" tears falling from his face. Xiumins mother was an important person the him, She taught Luhan how to make Xiumins favorite food the day before Xius 6th birthday, she taught him how to play hide and seek, she was the person he went to when he was confused about his feelings for her son.

The funeral was a month later, Anna surprisingly showed up to it, even though she hated Xiumin for being so close to her beloved Luhan. Xiumin stood there on Luhans left side as Anna was on his right, She would peak over to the crying boy and roll her eyes, She honestly hated Xiumin, she shifted her eyes down to his hand when she noticed that Luhan and him were holding hands. She gasped at the sight, how could two boys hold hands? thats absurd, she reaches for her fiances hand, when luhan reaches up to wipe away his friends tears. How dare this boy treat her with no respect.

After the funeral Xiumin, isolated himself away from the few people who were invited to the event. He sat in the corner of the room, looking in glass of water, thinking about all the fun times he had with his mother. Anna notices him, and even though she feels bad for him, she cant accept the fact that they held hands, Being her snotty self, she walks over to him, and takes the seat next to him.

"Hello, Xiumin," she smiles at the boy who was paying no attention to her.

"hello, miss Anna, how may i help you." she scoffs at Xiumin for not looking away from his glass and giving her eye contact.

"i just wanted to say that im sorry for your loss, she will be missed....and.." she grabs the glass of water out of his hands, forcing Xiumin to look at her while she stands.

"and, i would appreciate it if you would stop flirting with MY fiancé." Xiumin sighs at her stupidity,even though Xiu was a sweet, cute, boy with manners, he didnt have the energy in him to show her respect. He honestly liked Anna, she was...charming, beautiful, and was always dressed nice, but he hated that every time Luhan and him were together she would bully him.

" Anna i have told you, time and time again, i do not flirt with Luhan, can you please get over your little pitty party about him giving me attention?" Anna growls at his response, who does he think he is?

" How dare you speak to me like that!"she yells pouring his glass of water over his head, as everyone looked over at them, Anna walked off stomping her feet. Luhan who happened to be watching them the whole time, takes Xiumin by the hand, walking out of the room, up the stairs and into his room. He always knew Anna didnt like his relationship with the boy, but he didnt think she would go that far, and it quite honestly pissed the 12 year old off. As Luhan rummaged through his closet trying to find a new pair of clothes for his dripping wet friend. Xiumin stood there in the middle of the room, with his head down.

"You know..Luhan..She really doesnt like me." Xiumin says without caring. Luhan sighs at his words and walks up to him with a new outfit. 

" I dont care if she does or not, you are more important to me than some girl."

" But she isnt just some girl, shes your fiancé." Luhan ignores the comment before ing his friends shirt. Xiumin pushes Luhan away gently.

"i can undress myself." Xiumin says with his face turning red.
Maybe Anna was right, what if he was flirting with Luhan, but never really realized it?

" Stop Xiu, i wanna help." he swats his hands away before pulling off Xiumins shirt, he turns around and reaches for a new one. When he turns to look at xiumin, he takes a moment to take in just how cute his friend was, His face red, made Luhans face turn red itself... He looks down at the new shirt before putting it on Xiumin.

Once dressed, he looks up at his friend to find him already staring back at him. He knew what he felt for this boy was way more than friendship, they might be young but he knew in that moment that he wanted to kiss his friend, and thats what he did.

"Luhan i-" Xiumins cuts off the kiss. His head was fuzzy and he couldn't help but fear someone seeing them. Xiumin looked up at his prince and took a deep breath to calm his beating heart, before slowly leaning in for another kiss. 

...

i hope you like this update! im super excited for you guys to read the next update!<3