L

Long May He Reign

Luhan roamed the castle, looking for something to do as his parents were talking about some marriage thing for him with another kingdom, Luhan was too young to understand what marriage was, but if it had anything to do with becoming king, he didnt want to do it. There was only one thing he was ever afraid of, and that was becoming king, he didnt want to rule an entire country, he didnt want to have to work all the time, it just didnt seem fun to the little 5 year old. As Luhan roamed around, he stumbled upon a little boy in the dining area helping a servant set the table, He stopped in his tracks and hid behind the door way, before peaking his head out to spy on the boy, Luhan wasnt allowed  to have friends, his days were spent learning about their kingdom and the past it holds, along with other very boring stuff he have interest in, but seeing this boy interested him, maybe he could have a friend now. Luhan looked confused when he noticed what the boy was wearing, ' servant clothes? he must be the servants son' he thought to himself, he sighed thinking about how his mother would probably never let him associate with the boy knowing he is a servants son, Luhan continued walking along the halls, looking at all the same boring paintings, he really had nothing to do in the castle. His mind wondered back to the boy, he thinks about how fun it would be to have someone to play with, and maybe asking his mother wouldnt be a bad idea.

"Luhan dear, come here please!" He hears his mother yell, he dashes into the throne room and right up to his parents who smile at him.

" mother, mother, i have a question to ask you." he tugs on her hand.

" not now darling, you can ask me later, but for now i would like you to meet someone." A girl wearing a green dress, and red hair comes out from behind her parents -who luhan had failed to notice were there- and curtsies before introducing herself.

"wonderful to meet you Luhan, my name is Anna." she smiles, Luhan ignores her and looks up at his mother with a confusing look. His mother just giggles before nudging him to introduce himself.

" um, Hi, lady Anna, its... a pleasure to meet you?" Luhan bows with confusion in his voice,  He still doesnt understand who she is and why she is here. Anna giggles at his cute introduction, which is the opposite of his mothers reaction, she thought is was rude and 'un-prince like'  of him. They all moved over to the sitting lounge and sit on a couch. Luhan sits in the middle of his parents while Anna does the same with hers. Luhan tells his father he doesnt understand whats going on and why the girl keeps staring at him. His father brushes off the boys questions and continues to talk with the other king. After a while, Anna and her parents who were apparently the rulers of Scotland, left the castle and back on the road to their own kingdom. 

" but mother why is Anna suppose to be important to me?" he asks after his mom tells him tht she is a very important person in his life now.

" Because Luhan, she will be your wife one day, as of today you two are betrothed." His mother says with excitement of knowing her handsome little boy, will have a wonderful happy family. Luhan stands there is disbelief. He didnt want to be married,  because he knew that was just another thing, a king would have to do. He wanted to argue about it but he knew if he did, there would be consequences about his behavior, so he decided to bring up the topic about the little servant boy.

"Mother, did you know that a servant here has a son?" he said skipping along side his mother.

" of course i did, he's such a cute young boy, very sweet too, and his mom is beyond one of my favorite servants. why do you ask?" The answer gave Luhan hope, he was glad she liked them.  He takes a deep breath before standing in front of her, stopping her from walking any further. 

" would it be okay, if i befriended the boy?" he waited for answer, but after a minute or two of dead silence he started to get nervous.

" O-only because i have no friends, and you said you liked him, and he looked pretty lonely helping his mom, and i thought it would be good to have a friend, im the only child after all, so i have no siblings to play with, and-"

" okay, okay,Luhan calm down, you can befriend him." His mother laughs at his attempt to persuade her. Luhan jumps in excitement and hugs his mother,

" Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He repeats before racing down the halls to find the boy. ' i finally will be able to play with someone!' he cheers to himself. He stops in he tracks when he notices a certain figure out of the corner of his eye. Luhan looks to his right and into the one of many guests room, to see the boy. His eyes widen in excitement.

" excuse me?" he starts, walking into the room and waiting for the other to turn around, when the boy realizes he was talking to him he stops what he was doing and bows to the prince.

" my prince, im so sorry, did i do something wrong?" the little one asks, this time Luhan gets a good look of the boy, he had brown hair, cat like eyes, and lips that made him look like he was frowning 'cute', Luhan takes a step closer to the cute boy before smiling.

" Hello, my name is Luhan!" he held out his hand waiting for the other to shake it, The boy hesitates a minute before holding his own hand out.

"M-my name is Xiumin" 

"well xiumin, would you like to be my best friend?" The question confuses xiumin for a moment, he looks up at his mother, who was watching the two little boys talk, she give him a gesture, telling him to answer the prince. Xiumin looks back at the slightly taller blond boy before giving his gummy smile.

" YEAH, that would be so fun!" the boy started giggling.

"Okay thats great! But i hope your mother doesnt mind me taking you away from her to play with me." Luhan looks up at the mother, she tells him it would be totally fine, and that since he is the prince he is allowed to do whatever he wants, so with that Luhan takes Xiumin by the hand and runs out of the room, down the halls, down two stair cases, and out the front door. They finally stop running once Luhan gets to his favorite spot in the garden. It was in the back left corner, where he had a tiny little house built for himself to play in. Once inside, the boys play with all of Luhans toys, not just that but they started to get to know each other, Luhan told him his favorite animal, color, and his favorite stuffed animal, which was a lamb he got the day of his birth. Xiumin told Luhan his favorite animal, color, and told him the only toy he had was a rag doll his mother made him.

Time passed fast for the two boys, the queen yelled for the boys to come in for bed, Luhan begged his mother to let Xiumin sleep in his room, but she refused, She promised him that on Saturday he could, but tomorrow he had school. The boys parted ways after a hug and saying good night.

"okay darling, its time to say your prayers." His mother said kneeling on the side of his bed, luhan rushed out of the bathroom and knelt down next to her. 

" Dear, God, i pray that Xiumin and i will be together forever, and i pray he sleeps well tonight, i pray mother and father wake up in the morning feeling well, and i prayer i will never EVER have to marry Anna, amen." He climbs into his bed and snuggles under the covers as his mom giggles at this prayer. She tucks him in and  tells him that he is such a sweet boy for praying for xiumin, then kisses his forehead before leaving his room. Luhan moves unto his stomach and looks out the huge window his bed in in front. ' i have a friend' he smiles up at the stars in the sky, and not just any friend, a nice, cute, and surprisingly slightly older friend. Luhan lays on his back once more before closing his eyes to sleep.

 

...

hello~ i hope you enjoy this chapter, i promise it will become more interesting in time. but what did you think? <3