M

Long May He Reign

The day Luhans parents returned home, there were many emotions, excitement, for being able to see each other again, sadness, for seeing Xiumin all bandaged up, happiness, for the presents the king brought home for the boys, and hunger, from the long trip home.

...

It's been a week now and Luhan and Xiumin are happy as always, Xiumin isnt all the way healed yet, but that doesn't seem to stop them from having fun.

"What are my boys doing~" the queen said, as she walked into the library where the boys were painting. Luhan and Xiumin turned around smiling with paint all over their cute little faces. The queen sat down and watched as her boys giggled with each other.

"mother look what i made! its the view Xiuminnie and i saw while we you at the top of the tree." 

"oh my~ well, it is quite magnificent my child, you did so well." The queen held the painting, with a smile on her face. She looked up to see what Xiumin had painted and soon her smile had faded.

"X-Xiumin dear, what are you painting?" Luhan looked at him as well, and frowned, he walked over to his love and hugged him as his mother picked up the painting to look at it.

" it's...I painted mother" The little boy looked down at his feet as Luhans hug became a little more tight.

"I just thought, that if i could paint her, i could put it in my room and then it would be as if she was still here."

"my dear boy" the queen started as she bent down.
" you are absolutely right." she looked back at the painting with a sniff from her nose " it looks just like her, you got her eyes and everything, im very proud of you Xiumin, and she would be too." She stood up as a servant came in with a letter for her, she thanked the lady for bringing it to her and proceeded to sit down to open it up.

Luhan kissed his friend cheek before releasing his hold on him.

" Are you okay Xiu?" Xiumin nodded and smiled at the tall boy, before Luhan suggesting they go do something else, they were about to leave the room with the queen asked her son to stay behind.

"Sit down Luhan,we need to have a talk about something"

"What is it mother? Did something happen?" Luhan asked as he took a seat next to her. Xiumins walked out of the door way, but hid around the corner to listen in on their conversation.

"yes, there is something wrong. Luhan, why are you and Anna no longer seeing each other? Why have i received a letter from her parents about this all?"

Luhan sighed 

" Mother, i dont love her, never have and never will, i have only ever seen her as a friend."

"But you will learn to love her."

" NO I WONT, mother please understand, i love Xiumin."

"i know you do, but you will over come this little crush."

"No! i wont, he is the only -" the queen cut him off.

" Luhan, no matter what, you are going to go through with the marriage with Anna, end of discussion." She says before walking out of the room.

Xiumin watched as she walked away in the opposite direction of him standing there. He stood there for a moment to process what he had just heard. His feelings he had shared with his friend were becoming a problem for the princes future.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

HELLO~ I KNOW THIS IS JUST ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER BUT I PROMISE THEY ARE ABOUT TO BECOME LONG! PLEASE HANG IN THERE! LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU FOR READING THIS UPDATE. <3