N

Long May He Reign

It was two or three days after Luhan shared his first kiss with his best friend, and it seemed every time they saw each other, Xiumin would scurry off before he would have the chance to talk to him about what happened.

Luhan didnt necessarily regret what happened, but he did regret what it did to their friendship, it would never be the same. I mean they kissed for heavens sake! 
He wanted to make things right between him and Xiumin, but that would have to happen some other time.

For today, the prince was unfortunately busy. Princess Anna and him were to go on a date. Luhan wasnt anywhere near excited about it. He still hadnt forgiven  her for what she did to Xiumin, but as her future husband, what could he do? 'it was your purpose to make your lady happy' according to his mother.
While Luhan looked out the window of the carriage and sighed. He has been traveling for a day already, and he was growing tired of feeling cramped. Anna and him lived in different countries, so they decided to meet half way.  The prince couldnt help but reminisce on memories to pass the time, he thought back to when he and Xiu were 6, he remembered making a promise to Xiumin that if he ever actually had to become King, he would marry Xiumin. Even though his biggest fear was becoming king, he wanted to make the boys biggest dream come true, which was to marry a king.

Once the carriage arrived to the area he and lady Anna agreed on, he had time to set up a picnic, and even a boat ride after. Luhan sighed in the thought of how this date wasnt with his best friend, he laid on the blanket and looked up at the bright blue sky.

" MY LOVE!" Luhan shot up at the voice of his fiance,  she tackled him and giggled.

"Woah, be careful my lady, you could have hurt yourself." 

" Oh Luhan, im okay! i fell on you after all." she giggles before kissing his cheek. he pats her head, as they sit up.

"so, for our date, i have brought along a delicious amount of food for my lady, and afterwards a boat ride down the river." Anna awes in her lovers planning, she really loved him for doing this, she was beginning to think he didnt love her. Although there thinking was correct, she didnt need to know that. As their date went on with talking, Anna feeding Luhan fruit, and a boat ride down the river, their time was coming to an end.

"Oh! Luhan i almost forgot! do you know what today is?" she smiles at him after being escorted off the boat. Luhan thought for a moment before giving her a confused look.

" November 20th?" he answered . Anna sighed in disappointment before looking at him with a hurt look.

" Todays my birthday....im 12 now" Luhan chuckled before gesturing a nearby gaurs to bring him her present, her eyes filled with surprise.

"i know silly, how could i forget? you sent me 4 letters, telling me your birthday was coming up." 

" OH LUHAN! you are such a doll!" She jumps on Luhan once again, bringing them both to the ground. they laugh for a moment, Anna stares at her fiance with a lust, before going in for a kiss, that was soon rejected by Luhan cupping with his hand.

" Its not the right time for that my lady, i apologize." Luhan sits up with Anna pouting at the rejection.

" um, how about you open your pres-"

" i know you and him kissed Luhan, i was standing at the door." Annas head hangs in sadness.
Luhan was taken back by the sudden confession. He didnt think anyone was there, his head falls back, looking up at the sky once more.

" So.... now you know...." his sigh of relief and nervousness filled the silence between them. The princess looks at him before hanging her head back too.

" i know you kissed him, but i refuse to believe anything else, after all no matter what ill be the one you marry." with all seriousness, she stand ups and curtsies.

" i think its time i go now." Lady Anna reaches for her unopened gift before thanking him for it. Luhan watches as she walks away, before she stops at her carriage as she hears Luhan say, 
"lets take some time from each other Anna."

"Thats what i was thinking as well.." She replies as she turns to Luhan with a smile, he smiles back as a farewell.

...

While Luhan was gone, Xiumin had time to collect himself, and figure out what exactly his feelings were for his prince. "Do I love him as a friend? or more?' All he could do was think back to their kiss and how amazing it was, every time he thought about the other, his heart would pound like a hammer. 
It's only been a few days after the funeral for his mother, and the only one who has really helped him feel at ease, was his friend, but their kiss has made the relationship between them more complicated, and xiumin was afraid to lose the only comfort he had in this world.

 Xiumin decided that he was going to sit down with Luhan once he got back, which just so happened to be today. Xiumin sat at the front gate waiting for the carriage to pull up, he couldn't wait to hug him.

As the carriage pulled up, Luhan jumped out just in time to catch Xiumin who couldn't hold in his excitement of seeing his friend again. They hugged for a minute before breaking apart.

" i missed you so much! how was your time away from the castle?" Xiumin asked as they walked up to the castle to greet the king and queen.

"mmm, it was okay, i would rather have gone with you though."  Xiumin giggles, face turning red.  Luhan walks up the steps and hugs his parents who were so glad to see him home safe, the queen told the boys that they were having an early dinner due to some business the king must attend to in Iceland, so they would be leaving right after.

"so, that means, we will have the castle to ourselves?" Luhan asked, xiumin gave him a confused look, he seemed awfully excited to hear his parents were going to be gone for a couple weeks.

" other than the guards, chefs, and servants, yes you will, but i would rather not come home to the village on fire, understood Luhan?" the king and his son laughed the reply.

" Our son is more than capable to stay here by himself my dear, no need to worry." the queen adds before walking inside and to the dinning area. At the table they talked about, history, love, and manners, just like they did everyday. 

"The food was amazing, ill be sure to thank the chefs." the queen smiles. 

"oh my love, thats one of the thousands of reasons why i love you. you are so kind to our servants."  the king says kissing his wife cheek. They tell the boys to finish eating and to come say farewell before leaving the dining room.

" i missed you Xiu, i missed you a lot." Luhan says in the chair next to him. Xiumin giggles at the kind words before standing up.

" you were only gone for one day my prince." 

" i know, but it seemed like fo-" Xiumin leans over his chair and kisses the prince. He had built up all his courage during dinner to make the move on his friend, and it seemed to work. Xiumin broke the kiss to see Luhans face turning as red. 

" i know, it felt like forever." Xiumin smirks, leaving Luhan at the table speechless as he walked away.

As his parents climbed into the carriage, him and xiumin both said farewell and the carriage rolled away. they stood there until there was nothing left to see, it was becoming dark outside so the guards escorted them back into the castle for their safety.

" what do we do now?" xiumin sighed out of boredom, sitting on Luhans bed.

" i guess go to bed, its night now so there isnt anything to do inside the castle, and the streets have started to become unsafe outside the castle gate, so we cant go out at night. Luhans reply makes xiumin grunt, he was so bored, having freedom isnt actually all that fun, like he thought it would be exciting.

" well ok then, goodnight my prince" Xiumin stands up and bows. Luhan grabs his hand, pulling him back onto the bed and pinning him down.

"where do you think you're going?"

" i-i was going to head to my room." Xiumin stutters, he feels his blood rushing to his cheeks. The younger laughs before letting go of the boys hands. He lays down next to him and wraps his arm around xiumins waist before pulling him in closer.

" stay with me tonight." Xiumin smiles at the thought of staying next to him all night.

"okay" 

...

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ill update soon! <3