Chapter 8 : Heroes

The Legend of Black Pink

CHAPTER 8 : Heroes

 

“Jisoo unni!” A little girl knocked on the door.

 

Jisoo stood up from her study table and opened the door. “Yes, Lami?”

 

“Are you writing stories again?” Her younger sister asked.

 

Jisoo replied with a smile. “Yes, I am.”

 

“Ooo! Can I read? Can I? Can I?” Lami got excited and ran towards her study table.

 

Jisoo chuckled as she placed Lami on her lap. “Can you even understand what I wrote?”

 

“No. Tell me.” Lami smiled.

 

“This is a fantasy story about nine strangers with completely different backgrounds who met with one another by fate and went on an adventure to battle evil together.”

 

Lami got interested. “Nine strangers with different backgrounds? What are they?”

 

“Well, there’s a beautiful lady with skin as white as snow, an ice queen, a pirate, a fearless vigilante, a tiny fairy, a bunny rabbit, a puppet, a witch and a mermaid.”

 

“What are they called?”

 

“Well I call them Twice.”

 

“Oh… So what’s the title called?”

 

“Uhm… I still haven’t thought about it yet.”

 

“What about TT?”

 

Jisoo frowned at her little sister. “TT? What makes you think of that?”

 

Lami shrugged and smiled. “I don’t know. They left home so they must be very sad, right? So they will cry like TT.”

 

Jisoo started laughing. “That’s a pretty good perception, Lami. I’ll think about it.”

 

Lami suddenly lost her smile and had her head down. “Hey unni…”

 

“Yes? What’s wrong?”

 

“Will we ever go on an adventure like Twice? You know… Venture the seas… Going to other countries… Fighting bad guys like Captain Jennie…”

 

Jisoo’s heart sank hearing her sister say that. She knew the fact that they will never have the chance to experience something called ‘adventure’ when they were born to a family of this high status. It was too much of a risk to even step out of the house. Jisoo patted her sister’s head and assured her. “Of course we will get that chance, Lami. And when that happens, I will write a book about our adventure.”

 

“Wow, a book about our own adventure??” Lami’s face brightened up. “You would write that??”

 

Jisoo nodded. “Why not? Don’t you think it’ll be interesting to write a book about ourselves?”

 

“Yes it is!” Lami hopped. “I wanna be a brawler like Captain Jennie! She’s so cool!”

 

“Well Captain Jennie is a brave soldier though.” Jisoo told. “Are you a brave soldier like her?”

 

“Yes I am!” Lami started posing like a superhero.

 

“Oh, look. A cockraoch.” Jisoo pointed at Lami’s foot.

 

“KYAA!!!” Lami immediately hopped onto Jisoo and clung on her like a koala bear.

 

“Hahhaahahaha…” Jisoo laughed. “I thought you said you were a brave soldier.”

 

Lami got back down and pouted. “You’re not that brave yourself!”

 

“I’m braver than you.” Jisoo teased.

 

Lami then blinked her eyes on Jisoo’s table and pointed. “There’s a cute mouse on your table, unni.”

 

“Pfft… No there isn’t.” Jisoo answered without even looking. “You need to learn to lie better.”

 

“There’s a mouse…” Lami insisted again.

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes and looked back at her table. “No there isn’t any m-”

 

Apparently there was one, staring back at her. Lami giggled. “Told ya.”

 

“MOUSE!!!! SAVE ME!!!!! KYAAAA!!!!!!!” Jisoo started running around in panic till her parents slammed her door open.

 

“What is it!?” Jisoo’s dad came into her room in a panic manner.

 

Jisoo immediately ran towards her father’s embrace and cried. “There’s a mouse on my table…”

 

Her father sighed. “It’s just that? Gosh, you scared the crap out of me, Jisoo.”

 

“But I’m scared of mice…” Jisoo tightened the hug.

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“*chirp chirp*”

 

“???”

 

“*chirp chirp*”

 

Jisoo shot up from her sleep as the bird which was sitting on her head flew away. She rubbed her temple a little. “My name is Jisoo… That…was my family?” She started to remember. It seemed like her memory lost was just a temporary side effect. “That was weird…” She then rubbed her face and felt something wet. “Tears?” Jisoo frowned. “Why was I crying?”

 

“Jisoo!” The bush rustled as Jennie popped out of it to come face to face with Jisoo who was leaning against a tree. “I knew I felt the Blue Rose Crystal nearby.”

 

“No no no no! Stay away!” Jisoo started panicking and attempted to run.

 

Jennie managed to grab onto Jisoo’s wrist tightly this time before she could run again. “Why are you running away, Jisoo?”

 

“I don’t know who you are! Let go! I’m a freak! I’m going to hurt you again if you don’t let me go!” Jisoo struggled hard to escape from Jennie’s clutch.

 

“I’m Jennie. I’m your good friend. You’ve just lost your memories, but that might be just a temporary side effect.”

 

“How can I be so sure of that!? How can I be sure that you’re not here to dissect me for experiment? I’m a freak! I have these weird powers and I will accidentally hurt someone if I don’t stay away!”

 

“You’re not going to hurt me, Jisoo.” Jennie smiled. “I’m a freak too.”

 

“Huh?” Jisoo frowned.

 

Jennie placed her palm on a tree trunk nearby. A single push was all Jennie did to break the tree trunk as it fell onto the ground with a loud thump. She then smiled back. “See? I’m a freak. We’re not that different.”

 

“W-Wha?” Jisoo looked confused. “What are we? Are we aliens or something? From the 4th dimension?”

 

“Calm down. You and I are not aliens. Your power comes from that little blue crystal on your bracelet called the Blue Rose Crystal.” Jennie pointed.

 

“So… We really do know each other?” Jisoo asked.

 

“Yes, Jisoo. I’m here to help you remember. Give me your hands.” Jennie held both her hands out.

 

“Uh… Okay?” Jisoo held out both her hands.

 

Jennie grabbed both Jisoo’s hands and started warming them up. “We did this before. Do you remember?”

 

“I don’t…”

 

“Then why is your face all red?” Jennie pointed out.

 

Jisoo immediately pulled her hands back and covered her face. “E-Eh? Why is my face red?” Even she didn’t know why she became embarrassed from a single action by Jennie.

 

“Hmm… You might have lost your memories temporarily but it seems like your emotions still remain.” Jennie explained.

 

“E-Emotions?” Jisoo let out a fake cough. “W-Were we…you know…in a relationship or something?”

 

This was obviously the best time for Jennie to troll Jisoo. “Oh, we were in something much more than a relationship.” Jennie’s face came closer towards Jisoo and tilted her face up with a finger. “We even did……you know…”

 

“W-What!?” Jisoo got flustered. “D-D-D-Did what!?”

 

“Hmm… Maybe I know something that can trigger all your memories back. Some kind of a shock.”

 

“Uhh… W-What kind of shock?”

 

“You want to get your memories back, don’t you?” Jennie asked.

 

“Well, yeah…” Jisoo nodded.

 

“Then try to remember this scene. Do not move. Do not look away.” Jennie started closing in towards Jisoo.

 

“…” Jisoo was embarrassed so she tried to look away.

 

“Hey, look me in the eyes.” That was when Jennie grabbed Jisoo by the chin so that their eyes were locked onto one another.

 

“A-Are you sure t-this happened before?” Jisoo was stuttering a lot.

 

Jennie tilted her head a little. “Well, sort of.”

 

That time, Rosé and Lisa caught up to them and hid in the corner of a tree. “Oh goodness, they’re gonna kiss, Lisa! Oh my shipper heart!” Rosé squealed and hugged Lisa tightly.

 

Jennie’s face was getting closer and closer and Jisoo could feel her heart beat faster. She didn’t know what to do. She merely gripped onto her pants so tightly that she felt her fingers cramping. And all of a sudden, Jisoo’s eyes were attracted towards Jisoo’s lips. She felt a tingling sensation all over her skin. Jennie closed in towards Jisoo and whispered into her ear in a seductive way. “I can make you feel good……”

 

As soon as Jennie said that, the memory flashed into Jisoo’s head right away.

 

 

Jisoo was leaning against the wall, panting hard. “W-What are you doing? S-Stop… You can’t do this…”

 

Jennie closed in towards Jisoo and whispered into her ear in a seductive way. “I can make you feel good……”

 

“N-No, you c-” Jisoo was immediately silenced with a very passionate kiss by Jennie. “Mmm…”

 

Jennie placed her arms around Jisoo’s waist and pulled her closer, her hands slowly caressing Jisoo’s back. “…”

 

Jisoo did smack Jennie’s shoulder a few times before it got weaker and finally placed her arms around Jennie’s neck. “…”

 

Jennie moved her hand up from Jisoo’s waist slowly and gently, earning a soft moan from the latter. “Mm…”

 

 

Regaining her memories from the shock and coming back to her senses, Jisoo slapped Jennie on the face and pushed her away violently. She covered her lips as her face turned redder than a tomato. “WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO DO!?”

 

Rubbing her own face, Jennie asked. “You’ve regained your memories, didn’t you?”

 

Jisoo obviously regained them already or else, she wouldn’t have this much reaction. “I DON’T CARE! HOW CAN YOU STILL LOOK SO CALM AFTER WHAT YOU DID!?”

 

“Hey, you got back your memories, so I rest my case.” Jennie shrugged.

 

“Aww… You should have just kissed her, Jisoo!” Rosé called out. “I was waiting to see that. Even Lisa here was ready to be squished by me already.”

 

“L-Like hell I would!” Jisoo raised her voice.

 

“What’s their name?” Jennie pointed at Rosé and Lisa.

 

“Chaeyoung and Lisa?” Jisoo answered correctly.

 

“What’s your sister’s name?”

 

“Kim Lami.”

 

“What was our objective?”

 

“To take down the current World Government.”

 

Jennie then smiled. “Good. It seems like your memories are back.”

 

“I probably healed her brain cells a little too much. That’s why she’s experiencing a temporary memory lost? I don’t know.” Rosé explained.

 

“We should head back to the city and get some rest.” Lisa suggested.

 

“Agreed.” Jennie nodded.

 

“Why are we always going back and forth from the city and the World Government headquarters??” Rosé sighed.

 

“That’s because happens. So we need to gather our thoughts and regroup. Besides, there are a lot of mosquitoes around here.” Jisoo told.

 

Rosé gave up. “Alright, fine. We’ll head back to the city, get some food and get some sleep. I need some peace after everything that happened. So… Jisoo, you’re gonna get us a hotel room or something right? Coz you know… We don’t have the money for it.”

 

“Uhm…” Jisoo bit her nail. “I think the World Government people took my purse away. So… I’m all out of cash actually.”

 

“...” Jennie, Rosé and Lisa remained silent.

 

“HOWEVER!!” Jisoo reached inside her shirt and pulled out a platinum credit card. “I always have a spare up my sleeve.”

 

“Or in this case, in your shirt… Wherever you took that out from…” Jennie then frowned. “Did you pull that out from your br-”

 

Rosé went in for a hug to avoid any awkwardness in the situation. “Oh my god, you’re the best, Jisoo!! Now let’s go!”

 

Once again, they made their way back to the city. It took them a few hours to navigate past the forest and rivers. Once they reached, the first thing they started looking for was a place to eat. Life doesn’t always go the way they want. They didn’t get the chance to rest yet. All of a sudden, a group of people started screaming and running away from a distance. As time goes by, more and more people started running away from that direction while screaming for help. The four of them frowned in confusion. “???”

 

“Why are these people running away all of a sudden?” Rosé asked.

 

Jennie grabbed one of the guy who was running away. “Hey, what’s wrong? Why is everyone running away?”

 

His expression brightened. “You… You’re Captain Jennie, aren’t you? You have to save us! It’s them again! They’re back!”

 

“Who!?”

 

Just then, a silhouette of 5 ladies appeared from the smoke.

 

“Please save us! You have to save us!” The man then freed himself from Jennie and started running away once again.

 

“Just who might they be to inflict this much fear to the citizens?” Rosé asked.


As their figure became clearer, Jennie frowned a little. “Hey, I recognize them…”

 

“I know!” Jisoo voiced out. “I’ve seen them on the news!”

 

“Wait, now that you’ve mentioned it… I know who they are!” Rosé too started to recognize them and sighed. “Why can’t we have a peaceful sleep?”

 

Lisa was the only one who remained confused. “Who are they?”

 

Jisoo explained. “They’re an infamous group of 5 people with power crystals who had been wreaking havoc for a long time. They called themselves 4Minute.”

 

“4Minute? Why do they call themselves that?” Lisa asked.

 

Jennie continued. “That’s because 4 minutes are all the time they need to enter a high security bank, take out all the guards in it and escape unscathed. They aren’t the common bandits you see on the streets daily. These 5 girls had been on our wanted list for almost 2 years and yet, they were never caught.”

 

“That sounds dangerous. So what now? Are we gonna take them on?” Rosé asked.

 

“They’ve gotten away from me once in the past, but that’s not gonna happen this time. I will end their reign of terror once and for all.” Jennie said.

 

“If they’ve gotten away from you before, what makes you think you can end them this time?” Jisoo asked.

 

“Because I’ve got the three of you this time.” Jennie smiled.

 

“Wow that boosted my confidence by 10 times.” Rosé said. “Alright, now we just need a strategy. Any ideas, Lisa?”

 

“…”

 

“Lisa?” Rosé turned back and saw that Lisa wasn’t there anymore.

 

“Hey you five!” Lisa’s voice was heard suddenly. Apparently she already approached them by herself.

 

“Wow, you’ve got guts, standing in our way.” Jiyoon said.

 

“Who the hell are you?” Jihyun, the leader of 4Minute asked.

 

Lisa raised her brow. “Obviously the one who will stop the five of you.”

 

Gayoon laughed. “You’re blind, lady. Just go home and -”

 

Just then, a black shockwave flew in between Gayoon and Sohyun with an incredible speed and slashed the car behind them into two. They didn’t even have time to react. “!!!”

 

“W-What the hell was that?” Sohyun started trembling in fear.

 

Gayoon’s eyes shot wide open. “The car got slashed in two so easily…”

 

Lisa smirked. “That was a shot from a blind person…and I missed that on purpose.”

 

“Cocky…” Jihyun scoffed. “Let’s kill her off!”

 

As they were making their way towards Lisa, they were halted by the sight of Jennie, Rosé and Jisoo standing by her. Jennie stepped up front. “It’s you girls again, I see…”

 

“Tch- It’s that damn Captain Jennie again…” Hyuna scoffed.

 

“Correction.” Jennie voiced out. “Ex-Captain Jennie. I’m done with their bull.”

 

“Ah… So the rumors were true. You rebel against the World Government too…” Jihyun told. “Why don’t you join us then? Let’s all work together to take down the World Government!”

 

“Wow, that’s a pretty good offer you got there, Jihyun.” Jennie nodded. “How about I accept your offer when you’re six feet under?”

 

Lisa stepped forward as well. “In that case count me in.”

 

“…” The five of them were quiet. “You’ve failed to capture us before, Jennie. What makes you think that you can catch us now?”

 

Jennie and Lisa exchanged glances. “…”

 

“Second and the fourth one?” Lisa said.

 

“Good intuition…” Jennie smirked. “They’re the weakest among the five of them.”

 

“What are you mumbling a-” Before Jihyun could finish her statement, Jennie and Lisa appeared right in front of Sohyun and Gayoon respectively.

 

Jennie grabbed onto Sohyun’s face and slammed her right onto the ground, taking her out in an instant whereas Lisa released a black shockwave right in front of Gayoon and sent her crashing onto the wall, also taking her out in an instant. Jennie smirked. “Two down.”

 

“Three to go.” Lisa continued.

 

Rosé and Jisoo held each other’s hands in awe. “Oh my god, they look so cool!!”

 

“Guess they don’t need us after all.” Rosé said.

 

“Let’s just stand here and watch them.” Jisoo said.

 

“!!!” Alerted by Jennie and Lisa’s attack the remaining three members hopped away to keep a safe distance.

 

“H-How!?” Jihyun was still shocked.

 

“Bandits like you who never trained will never understand. All you do is rob and hurt people.” Jennie told.

 

“What’s the point in talking to these bandits?” Lisa pointed her sword at them. “Let’s just take them out.”

 

Jennie looked over at Jiyoon. “You’ll be my opponent.” Due to Jennie’s past experience with 4Minute, she knew just which one of them was the best match for her.

 

Jiyoon cracked her fingers. “Fine with me.”

 

Just when Jennie was about to rush towards Jiyoon, a pair of hands came out from the ground and pulled both her feet in. Her feet sank into the ground as if it was made out of liquid. “What the-”

 

It was the work of Hyuna. She came out of the ground and smirked. That was due to her power crystal giving her the ability to phase through any objects. As Jennie was caught off guard, Jiyoon quickly jumped in and released a punch right on Jennie’s face, causing an explosion and blasting her a few feet away.

 

“Ugh…” Jennie got back on her feet in an instant. “Tch-”

 

Jiyoon smirked. “How did you like my explosive punches?” Jiyoon’s power crystal grants her the ability to convert impact into explosive force.

 

Jennie’s punch phased right through Hyuna’s body once again. “!!!”

 

“Gotcha!” Hyuna then released a punch on Jennie’s face.

 

*TONG*

 

“Ouch!!” Hyuna felt as if she just punched a piece of steel.

 

“Come here, you slippery little thing!” Jennie was about to grab Hyuna once again but the latter activated her phasing powers just then, causing Jennie’s arm to phase right through her body. “Damn it!”

 

“Where are you looking at!?” Once again, Jiyoon jumped in and released a punch on Jennie. This time, she managed to block it successfully. Jiyoon’s punch exploded on Jennie’s arm but that didn’t do too much damage to her.

 

“Now now… What kind of powers do you have?” Lisa got on guard as she faced Jihyun.

 

Jihyun smirked and went out of sight all of a sudden.

 

“!!!” Rosé and Jisoo were shocked. “W-Where did she go? Did she become invisible?”

 

“???” Lisa got confused. “What the… I can still sense her presence. Something’s weird… She’s…all over the place.”

 

*swoosh*

 

“!!!” Lisa ducked suddenly. Jihyun was seen holding a knife and missing her slash on Lisa. “I get it now… Super speed…”

 

“Pretty good reflexes for someone who can’t see… You’ll never be able to see me this time!” Jihyun smirked. Her power crystal grants her super speed. She can move at incredible speed that gives out the illusion of her disappearing from sight. She then went super speed again.

 

Jiyoon and Jennie were trading punches and despite Jiyoon was on the offensive, she couldn’t even land a single punch on Jennie. The latter merely blocked all the explosive punches successfully. But she felt herself being pushed backwards. Jennie took a few steps back and suddenly, Hyuna who was hiding in the ground pulled her right foot in once again. “!!!”

 

Seeing Jennie tottering gave Jiyoon a chance to land a strike on Jennie’s face. “Now die from this explosion!!!” She released it on Jennie’s face and it exploded causing smokes and dust to scatter all over the place. “Hahahahaha!!” Jiyoon laughed.

 

“Is that all you’ve got?” After the smoke was gone, only Jiyoon realized that her fist connected to Jennie’s palm instead of her face. “If that’s the case then I’m disappointed.”

 

“W-What!?”

 

Jennie pulled Jiyoon in and released a strong punch on her face, knocking her a few feet away and crashing through a wall unconscious with a single strike. “That is how you give a real punch.”

 

As Jihyun was about to ambush Lisa with her super speed again, she immediately turned around and blocked the knife attack with her sword. “What!? Impossible! How can you see my movements!?”

 

Lisa smirked. “You must be out of your mind, thinking you could ambush me, lady. I’m blind. I don’t need to see you to know you’re behind me.” She then grabbed Jihyun by the neck and slammed her onto the ground, restricting her movements. She pointed the tip of her sword right on Jihyun’s face and channeled her black aura from her ring into her sword. “Let’s see you try speeding up now.”

 

Freaked out with what Lisa was about to do, Jihyun started panicking like a mad woman. “No no no no no!!”

 

“Die!!” Lisa ed her sword towards Jihyun’s face.

 

“NOOOO!!” Jihyun covered her face in fear.

 

Instead, Lisa’s sword ed into the ground just right beside Jihyun’s head, releasing the black aura into the ground and destroying the ground around them.

 

“…” Lisa didn’t touch Jihyun with her sword at all. However, Jihyun was knocked out cold purely out of fear caused by Lisa.

 

“Think twice the next time you try to sneak up on a blind person.” Lisa said as she sheathed her sword back into its cover.

 

Jisoo whispered at Rosé’s ear. “I could have taken her out in a second. All I have to do is restrict her movements and slam her onto the wall. So much for super speed.”

 

Rosé frowned. “Hey, Lisa is a great fighter.”

 

“Ooooooohhhhhhhhh, helping your lover, are you?” Jisoo nudged.

 

Rosé blushed a little before pushing Jisoo’s arm away. “What!? She knocked you out before, remember!?”

 

Jisoo then shrugged. “Well… I have no comments to that.”

 

“!!!” Seeing her other team members being taken out so easily, Hyuna tried to make a run for it by using her powers and jumping into the ground.

 

“Like hell I’ll let you escape this time!” Jennie raised her right foot and stomped it hard on the ground, creating a tremor that bounced Hyuna back out of the ground.

 

“Ugh…” Even when Hyuna fell onto the ground hard, she still stood back up and tried to escape by running away.

 

As she tried to escape, Rosé summoned a huge shield right in front of her path to block her. “Going somewhere, lady?”

 

“I will phase right through it!” Hyuna showed no signs of slowing down at all.

 

“Uh… Not a good idea. It’s not gonna work.”

 

“Nothing can stop my phasing powers!” Hyuna ran right into Rosé’s shield. “I will be back next time!”

 

“Don’t do it…” Rosé warned.

 

And Hyuna slammed right into the shield. It was a really hard impact as she didn’t slow down at all. So, she fell down onto the ground unconscious with a bump on her forehead. “I…see…stars…”

 

“I warned you but you didn’t listen… Your phasing powers doesn’t work on my shield.” Rosé shrugged and dusted her hands in a cool manner. “Job done.”

 

Jennie placed their unconscious bodies around a lamppost and tied them up with a steel bar so they wouldn’t be able to escape. “I’ll leave this to the World Government when they arrive. They can do whatever they want with them.”

 

“4 minutes to rob a bank anf take out all the guards in it?” Lisa scoffed. “More like 4 minutes to get taken down.”

 

“Oh that’s savage, Lisa.” Jisoo cringed.

 

Before they knew it, all the citizens came out of hiding and started cheering them on. “Heroes!!!”

 

“Mummy, they’re superheroes!” A kid shouted.

 

“Uhm…” The four of them stood there silently, not knowing how to react to the standing ovation they’re receiving from everyone.

 

“Heroes! Heroes! Heroes! Heroes! Heroes! Heroes!” The chant was never ending.

 

“Wow, we actually became heroes and protected the civilians…” Rosé giggled.

 

“This has got to be the best adventure I’ve ever been in!” Jisoo too smiled.

 

“This is the first time I’m being rooted on. I’m so not used to this.” Lisa told.

 

Jennie then stepped up front and calmed the crowd. “People of YG City. As all of you already know, I used to be a captain of the World Government army. When I found out their deepest darkest secret, they tried to kill me, so I left.”

 

The citizens started gossiping with one another. “What did the World Government do?”

 

“I think some of you know of people with power crystals who were picked up by the World Government and never returned.” Jennie told.

 

“Yeah!! Where are they!?” The citizens started becoming enraged.

 

“The World Government extracted the power crystals from their body to create a super weapon…” Jennie became a little hesitant to convey this message. “They’re all dead.”

 

As uproar started. “What!? How could they do this!? Wait, weren’t you working with them that time!? How could you, Captain Jennie!?”

 

Jennie felt guilty. She didn’t know how to react to the citizen’s hate comments about her so she remained silent. “…”

 

“Everybody please calm down. Let us explain.” Rosé tried to calm the crowd but it doesn’t seem to be doing much.

 

Jisoo then pointed her palm up and shot a powerful bright blue magic blast into the sky, piercing the clouds. That silenced the crowd in an instant. “Jennie isn’t at fault. Please listen to our explanation before you place all the blame on her. Jennie isn’t a bad person.” Jisoo held Jennie’s hand and looked at her. “She too was a victim… I understand her situation more than anybody. I trust her.”

 

Rosé nodded. “Exactly. Jennie doesn’t know anything about it. Besides, we’re working together to protect the citizens and to take down the current World Government. I’m with Jennie too.”

 

“I too am with her in this. Anybody who still persist the hate on Jennie, I will cut you down in half.” Lisa warned, causing everyone to take a step back.

 

“No no no no no!” Rosé immediately pulled Lisa back and apologized to the citizens. “Please forgive her. She’s a little light headed. Hahahahahahaha…” She then whispered into Lisa’s ear. “Just stand here and don’t open your mouth till we’re done, Lisa.”

 

“...” Lisa remained silent.

 

Jennie continued. “I’ve done so many terrible things for the World Government in the past. I know I’m responsible for helping the World Government to find people who has power crystals. I was raised as a soldier who only takes orders from the leader without questioning her motives. That was my biggest mistake… For that, I apologize…”

 

“Jennie…” Jisoo could see the guilt all over Jennie’s face.

 

Jennie then continued. “It is because I was responsible for this, I will clean this World Government mess up and end its reign of dictatorship once and for all. You can hate me all you want but I’m not going to step back. I won’t force anybody to like me but one thing I’m asking for is for you to trust us on this.”

 

“...” The crowd started gossiping once again.

 

“I trust you, Captain Jennie.” A little boy stepped out of the crowd. “You and your friends will protect us from danger, right?”

 

“Aww… He’s cute.” Rosé giggled.

 

“I will.” Jennie nodded in an assuring manner.

 

“I trust you too…” A woman stood out.

 

“Me too…” A man stood out.

 

And suddenly the citizens started stepping out one by one and chanting their names once again. “They’re the heroes, right!? They will protect us!!”

 

Lisa, Jisoo, Jennie and Rosé looked at each other and brightened up. “You can count on us to take the World Government down!”

 

A soldier slammed right through the door and ran in, panting. It took him a few seconds before he could start speaking. “Leader, the four BlackPink Crystal holders were last spotted in the city. They took out some bandits.”

 

“They’re still going at it…” CL scoffed. “No matter… Once my super weapon is finished, they won’t be alive anyway… I will let them live for now.”

 

“But… The bandits they took out were the infamous 4Minute who had been on our wanted list for 2 years. The four of them took them out within 10 minutes… The citizens are seeing them as heroes as of now. They told the citizens about the World Government secrets and they wanted to take us down.” The soldier replied. Maybe he should have kept quiet instead.

 

CL’s ear twitched. “What did you say?” She was obviously offended with what the soldier just said.

 

“I…” The soldier started stuttering.

 

“Come here.” CL gestured.

 

“…” The soldier reluctantly walked towards CL.

 

CL pulled him in by the collar and placed her ear near his mouth. “Say that again? The citizens see them as what?”

 

“L-Leader, I’m just conveying the m-message…” He sounded afraid.

 

CL pulled him closer and repeated. “The citizens see them as what?”

 

“H-Heroes.”

 

“The reason why 4Minute wasn’t captured earlier was because you weak soldiers were not capable of doing .” CL’s glare on that soldier was purely terrifying. He was so scared that he almost peed in his pants. CL then sighed and released the soldier from her grip.

 

“Phew…” The soldier sighed in relief. Just when he thought he was safe, CL channeled her yellow aura from her earring into her fist and released it on his torso, smashing him through the wall and breaking all of his bones in an instant. That action shocked everybody in that vicinity.

 

“They were regarded as heroes just because they took out some puny bandits?” CL scoffed. “And because of that alone, they trust her words about us? How insulting to the government…”

 

“Should I get rid of them?” Minzy suggested.

 

Before Minzy could step to the front, Bom pushed her back and came up front instead. “Let me do it.”

 

“My eyes hurt from just looking at them. Even my ears hurt from listening to this awful news. Get rid of them for me, Bom.” CL ordered.

 

“Don’t worry, CL. The four of them will be gone before they know it.”

 

CL turned back and raised her brow at Bom. “The four of them? I think there’s a slight misunderstanding here, Bom. You see… The four of them can fight crimes for all I care. What I hate more than them are people who would rather trust a bunch of amateurs than the World Government. I will deal with the four of them sooner or later.” CL then placed her finger on Bom’s shoulder. “Get rid of that city. I don’t want a single trace of it. Leave NOBODY alive. They wanna worship amateurs like the four of them then so be it. Jennie and her gang love to be heroes? Good. We’ll see how well they can defend the city from getting destroyed.”

 

That was when Bom’s smile grew wider and more sinister. “Consider it done.”

 

CHAPTER 8 : Heroes

END