Chapter 1 : Captain Jennie

The Legend of Black Pink

CHAPTER 1 : Captain Jennie

 

A long time ago, a mystical meteorite fell into the earth and broke into thousands of pieces as it entered the atmosphere. With that, thousands of pieces of the meteorite, which is now known as the power crystals were scattered all around the world. Each and every one of the crystal has the ability to grant the holder a specific power. Once the crystal is bonded with the user, it will stay there permanently until it is extracted.

 

The most powerful crystal known to mankind came from the core of the meteorite known as the BlackPink crystal. It had been broken into four pieces and also scattered far away from one other. The four BlackPink crystals are called the White Rose, Black Rose, Blue Rose and Red Rose respectively. It is said that the amount of raw power stored within one of the four pieces of the BlackPink crystal is already enough to destroy an entire city. The BlackPink crystals are the only crystals whereby it doesn’t bond with the user. It is worn as an accessory by the user. As of now, one of the mythical BlackPink crystal, the Red Rose Crystal is under the hands of the fearsome World Government.

 

The World Government thought that it would be too dangerous for commoners to be owning such powers and the possibility of using them for crimes. So they established a new rule whereby all the power crystals are to be branded as government property. Any power crystals found must be handed over to the government as soon as possible and those who had a crystal bonded in them must surrender themselves to get the crystals extracted from them. The government will not tolerate anybody who tries to resist these orders and will resort to extreme measures and even violence to recover the crystals. The leader of the World Government was known as ‘the baddest female’ for a reason. She does not get along well with people who oppose her orders. Some people view her as a saint, some people view her as a merciless dictator. With her most trusted captain who currently wields the Red Rose Crystal by her side, nobody could even hope to put a dent to this organization.

 

The captain of the World Government army, Captain Jennie had been raised and trained to fight by the World Government ever since she was young. After years and years of harsh training, she was entrusted with the Red Rose Crystal to help combat criminals with crystal powers. With that, the name Captain Jennie echoed throughout the entire world. Nobody in their right mind would even dare to go against the World Government because of her alone. And thanks to her, the World Government had retrieved more than 50% of all crystals scattered around the world. People feared her for her fighting ability and her BlackPink Crystal power, at the same time respected her because even as the right hand man to a blood-curdling dictator, she would never lay a finger on an innocent person.

 

It was just another normal day today. Normal as in a day with the usual high crime rate. Ever since the meteor fell into earth, not one day had gone by without a criminal activity happening. Sometimes the criminal who used the crystal powers for their criminal activity might prove too troublesome even for the government army to handle. When all hopes seemed lost, that is when the infamous captain comes into the picture.

 

A lady was seen doing some push ups in a huge training room, garnering a lot of attention from the soldiers around her. “551. 552. 553. 554…”

 

What attracted the soldiers wasn’t only the number of push ups she had done, but the thing laying on her back as she was doing push ups. The lady literally had a 500kg weight strapped to her back. Doing more than 500 push ups are already considered extraordinary, but with that amount of weight on her back, it’ considered something completely out of this world. All the soldiers merely stood there and watched her in awe. “The captain’s amazing…”

 

At that time, a soldier came rushing in and saluted at the captain. “Captain Jennie, there’s trouble in the field!”

 

Jennie slowly stood up with the weight still strapped onto her back and wiped off the sweat rolling down her cheek. “What kind of trouble?”

 

“Our soldiers are having trouble subduing the target. We need you there ASAP. We’re losing a lot of men.”

 

Jennie then unstrapped the weight from her back and dropped it onto the ground. The impact created a crater around the weight. “I’m needed for the mission? They must really be in a really bad condition then… Prepare the plane. We’re moving out now.” Jennie said as she tightened her combat gloves and grabbed her coat.

 

“Yes captain!”

 

A bandit laughed hysterically as he held onto a yellow crystal. “HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can sell this crystal in the black market for millions of dollars and be rich instantly!! There’s no way I’m returning this to you people! Fire at them, boys!!”

 

The bandit’s underlings started firing their machine gun at the soldiers. The latter returned fire as well but they were no match for them. The bandits were overloaded with weapons, and they even had two tanks on their side.

 

The soldiers started panicking at the fact that the enemies had two tanks with them. “They have two tanks with them!? !”

 

The bandit laughed. “FIRE!!!” The bandit’s tank released just one shot and it managed to wipe out at least 10 of the soldiers at one go.

 

That time, one of the bandits stepped out and faced the soldiers. He held his right arm out and started blowing fire from it. “HAHAHA!!! DIE!!”

 

“That guy has a power crystal! Get out of the way!” One of the soldiers called out and jumped away. As soon as the fire made contact with the ground, it exploded.

 

“Damn it, we’re overwhelmed!” One soldier groaned.

 

The soldiers were definitely losing the fight. The bandit leader laughed again. “Tanks! Blast them all to hell!! Don’t let anybody survive!”

 

Right when one of the tanks was about to open fire, something fell from the sky and landed on the tank with a devastating impact that destroyed it completely. The bandits were shocked to see one of their tanks got smashed just like that by an unknown object that fell from the sky. “What the hell was that!?”

 

From the smokes, they could see the silhouette of a lady standing on top of the smashed tank. The lady walked out of the smoke and to the front line slowly before tying her hair up. She had a cross shaped earring with a red glowing crystal on her left ear. She cracked her fingers and shot a smile at the bandits. “So you’re the ones who had been bullying my boys.”

 

“Captain Jennie!” The soldiers cheered as their captain made her way to the front.

 

The bandits got a little intimidated because they recognized the lady. “Grr… It’s that Captain Jennie… Don’t be afraid! Fire the tanks!! Take her down!”

 

The bandit with the fire power crystal came to the front line and started blowing fire at her while the other bandits used their remaining tank to fire at Jennie. Right before it hit her successfully with a loud explosion, her earring shone in red and her eyes turned dark pink. The entire area Jennie was standing exploded violently and caused the soldiers around her to get blown away as well. “Captain!!”

 

From within the smoke, Jennie chuckled. “That tickled a bit.” And within a split second, Jennie launched herself out of the smoke and towards the bandit with the fire power. “Is this how you treat a lady?”

 

“What the-” The bandit didn’t even have time to react.

 

With a powerful slap on the bandit’s face, Jennie sent him flying far away and crashing through a rock, taking him out instantly. “You men should learn to respect women or you’ll end up getting a slap like that.”

 

“Shoot her down!! Shoot her down!!!!” The enemies panicked and started firing crazily at Jennie.

 

Jennie swatted every single bullet away as if she was swatting away some houseflies. As she got closer, she jumped high up, spun around and landed a strong kick directly on the bandits’ remaining tank. The kick literally smashed the tank as if it was made out of paper and created a huge crater on the ground. The force of the impact took out everyone nearby at the same time. As she stood on top of the destroyed tank, she set her eyes on the bandit leader. “I believe you have something that belonged to the government. Return it and you may go free.”

 

“Gah!!!” The bandit leader still fired his machine gun at her desperately despite being the only one left.

 

Jennie easily caught every single one of the bullets with her bare hands until the bandit ran out of bullets. By the time the bandit ran out of bullets, Jennie had an unimpressed look on her face as she opened her fingers and the bullets falling out of her palm. “Anything else you’d like to try on me?”

 

The bandit then took out a yellow crystal from his pocket and looked at it. He seemed to be contemplating something. “…”

 

Jennie knew what the bandit was about to do. “Whatever you’re planning on doing, stop it before things get more complicated than before.”

 

“Screw this! Even if it’s bonded with me, as long as I can take the infamous Captain Jennie down, I will be rich as well! HAHAHAHAHA!!!”

 

“Hey, stop it!” Jennie called out.

 

The bandit then pressed the yellow crystal against his chest as it slowly melded into his body. As soon as the crystal bonded with the bandit, he started shooting out lightning from his body. “The power of lightning… HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I WILL FRY YOU ALL UP!!” He shot a lightning attack at the entire area, shocking some of the soldiers to death.

 

“!!!” Jennie was shocked that her army had suffered more casualties than usual this time. “You little…”

 

The bandit then charged a powerful lightning attack and shot it at Jennie’s direction and hit her successfully. “HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA DIE, CAPTAIN JENNIE!!!”

 

When the attack ended, Jennie was still seen standing there as if nothing happened at all. In fact, she was yawning. “Is that all you’ve got? What’s that made of? A 24V battery? It doesn’t even feel like it can power up a television remote control.”

 

The bandit literally had his mouth open wide in shock. “W-What!? How can it not affect you in any way!?”

 

“Oh, it did affect me, of course…” Jennie slowly walked towards the bandit leader. “It affected my mood…”

 

Shocked with Jennie’s capabilities, the bandit started running away but to no avail. In a split second, Jennie had him down on the ground with her hand pressing onto his face. “Going somewhere?”

 

The bandit tried to resist by releasing a powerful electric shock in hopes of hurting Jennie again but to no avail. She wasn’t even fazed a tiny bit. “How the hell is this even possible!?”

 

“You should stop doing that. It’s getting really annoying.” With that, Jennie twisted his arm and broke it with ease.

 

“ARGHHH!!!!!!!” The bandit cried in pain. “P-Please have mercy…”

 

“I would have shown you a tiny bit of mercy if you just gave me the crystal earlier rather than using it to hurt more people.” With that, Jennie raised his right foot and stomped directly on his knee, breaking his leg in the process.

 

“ARGGHHHHHH!!!” The bandit cried in pain once again.

 

Jennie stood up from the bandit with a satisfied expression that she succeeded in her mission. “Boys, bring this bozo back to the headquarters to get the crystal extracted.”

 

“Yes, captain!” The soldiers saluted.

 

As soon as she and her army got back to the World Government headquarters, she immediately went towards the leader’s room and knocked. A voice was then heard. “Come in.”

 

Jennie entered and came face to face with a blonde lady who was reading a book by her table. Jennie saluted. “The mission was successful, CL. We successfully caught the bandits who used the crystals.”

 

“Good. I do not expect less from you. Bring them to the extraction room. My men will take it from there as usual.” CL said while her eyes still glued to the book she’s reading.

 

“They’re already being brought there… Even though the mission was successful, we suffered quite a number of loss. A total number of 53 casualties. That’s twice the amount of casualties in our previous mission.” Jennie explained.

 

“Okay.” CL nodded.

 

Jennie looked a little dissatisfied with CL’s response. “Is that all you have to say? ‘Okay’?”

 

“Am I supposed to say something else?”

 

“Did you hear me? We had twice the number of casualties this time, CL.”

 

CL finally closed her book and slowly walked towards Jennie. After staring at her eyes silently for a second, she smiled. “Well then be happy that you aren’t one of the casualties, Jennie. Besides, they’re only soldiers. Let it go.”

 

Jennie frowned. “What does that supposed to mean? That they were meant to be sacrificed? Just because they’re soldiers?”

 

“Let me ask you a question, Jennie.” CL continued. “In a game of chess, which piece do you move first?”

 

After a moment of silence, Jennie answered. “The pawn.”

 

CL nodded. “Precisely. The pawns have to move first and they’ll be the first ones to die, correct?”

 

“This is a real battlefield. This isn’t chess!” Jennie retorted.

 

“The battlefield IS a chessboard, Jennie. There are pawns, and then there’s you. The knight. The hero protecting the King and the Queen which in this case represents the World Government and me, respectively.”

 

“Even pawns have their own families, CL.” Jennie told.

 

“Everybody has a family, Jennie.” CL went straight to the point. “It’s only the weak who couldn’t stay alive for them. Don’t you think so?”

 

“They were brave people who volunteered themselves to be soldiers, CL. How can you treat their devotion to the government like nothing!?”

 

“They knew they’re weak and yet they volunteered themselves to be soldiers. And then they lose their lives in a battle. Is it my fault that they died?” CL questioned.

 

“I didn’t say that it’s your fault.”

 

“Did I ever force anybody, I mean ANYBODY to join as soldiers?”

 

“No…”

 

“They literally sold themselves to me by themselves. Their lives belonged to me at the very moment they stepped foot into the World Government. I’m merely granting them their wishes to help us fight in the battlefield. It’s time to get your head out of the fantasy world, Jennie. In this world, dedication means nothing. Only the strong survives. 53 sacrifices are nothing as long as you managed to stop the criminals. Just imagine what would have happened if we were to call back our soldiers just because we’re suffering a large number of casualties? The bandits would have rampaged in the city and soon hundreds or even thousands of people will die. Do you understand what I’m talking about?”

 

“…” Jennie was speechless. As cold as CL sounded towards her soldiers, she did made some sense.

 

“People do not trust a government who allow criminals with supernatural powers to walk around in the open, you see… To retain the people’s trust and ensure their safety, a few sacrifices had to be made. So I personally wouldn’t worry about 53 casualties when all of them are merely pawns. Understand?” CL slowly moved her hand towards Jennie’s face. “The only one I’m worried about losing is you.” As CL said that, her fingers traced Jennie’s left cheek and slowly moved up to her ear.

 

Jennie then moved her head away. “I need some fresh air.”

 

CL smiled and sat back on her chair. “Take your time.”

 

Jennie then saluted her leader and made her way to the top of the hill where she would usually hang out alone when she wasn’t in her best of mood. She laid down on the flowery field and let out a huge sigh. “CL might be really harsh on people sometimes…but whatever she said did make sense… CL obviously thinks on a larger scale, which is why death of a few soldiers are nothing compared to the death of thousands of people for her. I find her impressive for being able to think like that.” Jennie sighed once again. “It’s hard being the captain of the army. I have to care for both my people and the safety of the civilians at the same time. How I wish someone or something will guide me on what to do… If this goes on, I may have to retire…”

 

“!!!” Jennie shot up as she felt something weird about the aura on these hills all of a sudden. She felt goosebumps all over her body. “This feeling… A power crystal user is nearby…” She then frowned. “But… I’ve never felt anything like this before in my entire life. It keeps on pulling me… Attracting me towards it… It’s as if it’s…calling out for me… I better go check it out.”

 

A beautiful lady with brown, wavy hair stood in the middle of a flowery hill and inhaled some fresh air. She then looked back at a blindfolded lady leaning by the cave’s entrance and smiled. “It’s a really beautiful day today, Lisa. The sky is blue and there are clouds all over the place. The sun is hidden between two huge clouds which are shaped like a giant cotton candy.”

 

“Really? That’s nice. What about the bunny that dropped by yesterday? Is it still here?” Lisa asked.

 

“Yes of course. It’s still here.”

 

“Chaeyoung ah…” Lisa held her hand out towards the cheerful lady. “Bring me to it.”

 

Rosé held Lisa’s hand tightly and helped the blind girl up. As Lisa got up, she reached for her sword and attached it to her waist. Rosé noticed this and chuckled. “Will it kill you to put your sword away for a second?”

 

“I have to keep it by my side always. You know… Just in case.” Lisa answered.

 

“Just in case what? Just in case I attack you or something?” Rosé said.

 

“Well, I have not seen your face before so I wouldn’t know if you’re really a bandit trying to get rid of me or not.” Lisa shrugged.

 

“Come on, Lisa. We’ve been travelling together for like half a year already. If I wanted to kill you, I would have done so a long time ago.” Rosé rolled her eyes.

 

Lisa chuckled. “I know. I was just kidding. I need it just in case I need to protect you from danger. What would I do without you by my side?”

 

Rosé’s heart suddenly skipped a beat. “What do you mean by that?”

 

“Well, if something were to happen to you, who’s going to walk me around, hmm?”

 

“Oh, so that’s what you’re talking about.” Rosé said.

 

“What else could I be talking about?”

 

“Nothing!” Rosé slowly led the blind girl towards the bunny. As they closed in towards the bunny, it started hopping away. “Ah, the bunny!!” Rosé immediately let go of Lisa and started chasing after the bunny. “Come back, little bunny!”

 

Before Rosé went too far, Lisa called her. “Hey Chaeyoung, stop chasing. Come back already.”

 

“What’s the matter?” Rosé moved closer towards Lisa. “Can’t handle me being away even for a second?”

 

“I’m blind. I need someone to walk me.”

 

“Well, you seem to be doing rather well before we met, Lisa. You don’t by any chance have something for me……do you?” Rosé questioned.

 

“Yeah. My eyes. Would you like them?”

 

“HA HA HA! Not funny, Lisa!” Rosé rolled her eyes.

 

All of a sudden, a presence of someone disturbed Rosé’s peacefulness. “!!!”

 

Lisa too felt the immense presence. “!!!”

 

Rosé immediately looked back at Lisa with a horrified expression. “Did…did you feel that, Lisa?” Rosé asked.

 

“Yes… This feeling… A power crystal user… An abnormal one.” Lisa stated.

 

“Do you think it’s the people from the government?” Rosé had a worried expression on her face.

 

“If it is, then they’re definitely not here to negotiate at all. They’re known for extreme violence when it comes to retrieving back each and every one of the crystals…”

 

Rosé grabbed Lisa’s hand. “Let’s escape before the enemy arrives, Lisa. I don’t want you to get into an unnecessary fight.”

 

Lisa nodded and grabbed Rosé’s hand tightly. “Alright. Lead the way. Go!”

 

They started running away from the place where they felt the powerful aura. Not long after, a shadow of someone seemed to be falling from the sky. Rosé looked up and saw Jennie landing on the very spot they were standing. The both of them then jumped out of the way as Jennie landed on the ground with a huge impact. “Argh!” The sudden impact caused Lisa and Rosé to be blown away a few feet away from each other. “Just as I suspected… Power crystal users… Alright, I’m not going to waste any time asking you both this. I’m not in the best of moods today. Follow me back to the headquarters and get the crystal extracted or I’ll force you to.”

 

Rosé frowned. “You seem awfully familiar… Where have I met you before…”

 

“We have not met before, miss. Now are you coming with me or not?”

 

Rosé rejected almost instantly. “No way I’m going to follow you back to the headquarters.”

 

“Well then I’m gonna have to knock you both out. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Jennie didn’t waste even a single second and she went straight for the punch towards Rosé. She was really fast. Within a split second, her punch almost reached Rosé’s face.

 

Just in the nick of time, Lisa pulled Rosé aside and blocked Jennie’s punch with her sword. “CLANG!!!” The impact sent a powerful force around the entire area, pushing even Rosé away.

 

Jennie was extremely surprised to see her fist being stopped. “What the…she blocked my punch…” Then, she noticed that Lisa’s sword was coated in some kind of black energy which was emitted by a ring with a black crystal on her finger. “What the hell is that?”

 

“Lisa!” Rosé gasped and suddenly remembered. “That’s Captain Jennie from the World Government!” She then started thinking about something. “Wait… There’s still something that I seem to be forgetting about her…”

 

“THAT Captain Jennie, huh? Stay back, Chaeyoung. I’ll take care of this one.” Lisa increased her strength and pushed Jennie back.

 

“You both possess a crystal each… I don’t know why I’m feeling all tingly when I’m near the both of you and the aura emitted from both your crystals are unlike I have ever felt before… That aside, if you’re holding onto a crystal, you have to surrender them to the government.”

 

“How about a no.” At that moment, Lisa emitted a sort of sinister aura from the black crystal on her ring.

 

Jennie seemed a little shocked. “This feeling… It can’t be…”

 

“Lisa, let’s stop fighting first and talk this out.” Rosé pleaded.

 

“Not this time, Chaeyoung. She possesses the Red Rose Crystal, one of the four mythical BlackPink crystals which grants the user with the body as tough as titanium and strength equivalent to 10 raging bulls…”

 

Rosé’s eyes widened. “That’s it! I remember now!! I remember where I met her! The prophecy! My premonition!! She was in it!”

 

“You know the rules, woman. As long as you didn’t use the crystal to commit any crimes, you can follow me back to the headquarters peacefully and get the crystal extracted from you. Then you’re free to go. You have my assurance. As long as you put up a fight, I would as well.” Jennie cracked her fingers.

 

“Free to go!?” Lisa scoffed. “That’s a lie! There is not one person who followed a government dog back to the headquarters who came out alive.”

 

Jennie got angered with Lisa’s harsh words. “Government dog? I don’t particularly like being called a dog…”

 

“I’ll diss you and your government a hundred times over till you open your eyes to the truth.” Lisa asked.

 

“Do not question the government!” As Jennie released a punch, Lisa let out a sharp whistle and stepped out of the way in an instant. With that, Jennie’s punch missed and Lisa attempted a slash with her sword. With her fast reflexes, Jennie knocked Lisa’s sword away with her arm and hopped back.

 

“What the…” Jennie was surprised. “How are you seeing my movements with that blindfold on?”

 

“I predict them with my whistle. The sound vibration bounces back into my ear differently when something is closing in.”

 

“Whistle, huh?” Jennie smirked. “Impressive indeed. But no matter what, you’re still blind. You can never keep up with me.”

 

“We’ll see about that.” Lisa challenged.

 

Once again, Jennie released a punch but got blocked. She then followed up with a headbutt. One headbutt and Lisa was sent flying away, blasting through a huge rock. “Ugh!”

 

“Lisa!” Rosé called out in a worried tone.

 

“Damn, that hurt like mad…” Lisa slowly stood up with the help of her sword. She still felt a little dizzy from Jennie’s powerful headbutt. Any normal person would have been knocked out cold from that headbutt but luckily Lisa has a crystal of herself to help protect her.

 

“Oh, did that hurt? I barely used any energy though.” Jennie wasn’t planning to give Lisa any rest so she immediately jumped in and landed another powerful strike on her. With another sharp whistle, Lisa ‘saw through’ Jennie’s movement and blocked Jennie’s punch with her sword.

 

While slowly increasing her strength, Jennie asked. “I’m not going to ask you another time. Are you going to follow me back or not? I don’t care if you’re blind. I will literally cripple you and drag you back if I must.”

 

“No!” Lisa persisted and knocked Jennie away.

 

“Then I’ll take just take it from your dead body!” Just as Jennie launched herself forward, a reddish black energy was seen coming out of Lisa’s black ring and engulfing her sword. Jennie noticed it. “There’s a sinister and dark energy surrounding her sword… This feeling… I might be right after all…”

 

“Take this!” Lisa then swung her sword at Jennie’s direction and launched a powerful dark energy shockwave from a distance.

 

Noticing it, Jennie immediately halted and brought both her arms together to block. The dark shockwave hit her and sent her sliding back before blasting her a few feet away. Even after being blown away, Jennie got up almost immediately. “What the… She can launch a sword attack from a distance? And this energy… This feeling… I could feel that it was only a portion of the crystal’s power but it’s already this powerful…” Despite being unharmed, Jennie still felt her arms trembling after being in contact with the shockwave attack. She knew that Lisa’s attack would be powerful but she never thought that it would actually send her flying away. Now, Jennie was assured as she looked back at Lisa. “That ring on your finger is one of the four BlackPink crystals too, isn’t it? The Black Rose.”

 

“What if it is?” Lisa asked.

 

Jennie smirked as she cracked her neck. “Well if it is, then I’m not going to hold back anymore… You are one DANGEROUS target.”

 

Rosé was surprised. “She was holding back the entire time? Just how much power does she have?”

 

Jennie’s earring shone brightly in red and her eyes turned from pink to red. “I cannot hold back against someone with the Black Rose Crystal… The one and only crystal with demonic powers.” Jennie then kicked the ground and reached in front of Lisa in an instant before swinging her fist towards her.

 

“!!!” Lisa let out a whistle and blocked Jennie’s attack. This time, there was far more power in the punch. Lisa felt herself sliding back quickly. “What the- Grrr!!!” Even after activating a portion of her Black Rose Crystal, Lisa was still overwhelmed completely. Jennie’s strength was indeed beyond words. Their gap in power suddenly increased dramatically.

 

Lisa’s entire body was literally trembling from Jennie’s single strike. As long as she doesn’t use her crystal power completely, she will never be able to put up a fight against Jennie. She’s dealing with the power of the Red Rose Crystal after all. Knowing that she will lose this fight, Lisa released more dark energy from her ring. “As long as I don’t activate the crystal power completely, I will never win.”

 

Noticing Lisa was about to release her powers completely, Rosé called out. “Lisa, no!!”

 

Right when Lisa heard Rosé calling out to her, she stopped. “…”

 

“Lisa, don’t do it. You told me it was hazardous for you. If you were to activate the Black Rose completely…you’ll only be killing yourself slowly.” Rosé said.

 

“Tch-” Lisa then moved her hand away and leaped out of the way to avoid Jennie’s devastating attack.

 

“Still not fighting me properly, huh? Very well then. I will make short work of you both.” Jennie smirked. “You most definitely have an interesting power, Lisa… You almost got me all pumped up.” Jennie said as she cracked her fingers and leaped towards Lisa once again.

 

Lisa let out a whistle and defended Jennie’s attack successfully but her strength was not even a tiny bit close to Jennie’s so the punch still sent Lisa crashing through a rock. That’s why they say that the only thing to rival a full powered BlackPink crystal is another full powered BlackPink crystal. Nothing less. Lisa was right. Even when she’s holding onto one of the four BlackPink crystals, she will stand no chance at all if she doesn’t activate her full powers. But the Black Rose Crystal has a side effect when activated fully. The user’s health will deteriorate depending on how aggressive the power is used. That is why Rosé didn’t allow Lisa to use her full power.

 

Jennie smirked and used this chance to close in towards Lisa to land a final blow. Before Jennie could reach, Rosé jumped in front of her and intercepted. “Stop fighting now, Jennie! We’re not your enemies!”

 

“!!!” Lisa was shocked. “Get out of the way, Chaeyoung! She’s not going to stop!”

 

Jennie didn’t show any signs of stopping at all. Since Rosé was also her target, she might as well take her down together. “You’re going down with her!”

 

That time, the white crystal on Rosé’s necklace shone brightly and her eyes turned white. She held out one hand as a bright white light shone out from it, creating a shield in front of her. The shield of light created by Rosé stopped Jennie’s full powered punch. The impact was so devastating that Rosé actually slide back a little. She managed to stop Jennie’s punch nevertheless. “Please. We don’t wanna fight.”

 

“A shield of light…” Jennie was shocked beyond words before she realized it. “The crystal with holy powers… The White Rose… Also one of the BlackPink crystals… How the hell did these rare crystals fall in the hands of you both!?”

 

“It’s all part of destiny, Jennie.” Rosé explained. “We don’t have to fight one another. I just need you to hear me out! Just give me one minute to explain to you.”

 

“Alright then. One minute. Enlighten me on why we don’t have to fight one another.” Jennie told.

 

“This may sound like a fairy tale to you. The four BlackPink crystals were destined to come back together as one. That is why in the beginning, I, the holder of the White Rose Crystal found Lisa, the holder of the Black Rose and now, we found you… The holder of the Red Rose Crystal. It’ll be a matter of time till we meet the holder of the Blue Rose Crystal as well.”

 

Jennie chuckled a little. “Assuming whatever you said made sense… What happens when the four users meet?”

 

“We’ll work together to take down the World Government just like in the prophecy.” Rosé said in a serious tone.

 

“Excuse me?” Jennie raised her right brow.

 

“I had a dream, Jennie.” Rosé said.

 

“You…had a dream…” Jennie paused for a moment before bursting into laughter. “And I’m supposed to believe your words because you had a dream that we’re gonna end up as friends and that I will betray the World Government? Don’t make me laugh. The World Government is like my family. There’s no way I’d go against them.”

 

“It may sound like nonsense to you but you see… After I got hold of the White Rose, I start seeing things. Things that didn’t happen yet. Like some sort of premonition. In my dream, I saw that everything was already in ruins from the creation of this massive super weapon using the collected power crystals by the World Government. In my dream, we were the ones who were powerful enough to fight it.”

 

Jennie shook her head. “That’s impossible. You’re telling me that the World Government, the biggest organization in the world which sole purpose is to keep citizens safe and getting rid of the criminals brought chaos upon us all? My captain rank aside, even as a normal citizen, I’m not going to believe some like that.”

 

“The government is corrupted and is using the crystals to create a super weapon. And all those so-called-extracting the crystals out of the person’s body and then they’re free to go? Those are all lies!”

 

“I’m not lying! We’re merely keeping the crystals from falling into the wrong hands. Do you know how dangerous a crystal can be when a random criminal gets hold of it? A lot of people will die! My higher ups already confirmed this fact with me. Those who followed our procedures to get the crystals extracted will be free to go after that!” Jennie raised her voice.

 

“Did you see them leave with your own eyes?” Lisa asked.

 

“No…”

 

“Then your higher ups must be lying to you and using you because that isn’t the truth at all.” Lisa debated. “I had naive friends who followed you people back to get the crystals extracted. None of them came back!”

 

“That’s…a lie…” Jennie started to have some doubts all of a sudden. “It can’t be. I don’t believe you.”

 

“Think about it, Jennie.” Rosé told. “The World Government, like you said, is the largest organization in the world… Did you really think that they collect the crystals for no reason other than ‘keeping the citizens safe from criminals’? I personally think that there’s something they’re not telling you.”

 

“…” Jennie started rubbing her forehead.

 

“I understand it’s hard to believe my words now, Jennie so we’ll give you some time to think about it.” Rosé said. “We’re not going to run away from you. I promise. To convince you that I’m not telling you all these just to escape from you right now, we will personally meet you here again tomorrow evening.” Rosé assured. “If we lie to you, you can just kill us then!!”

 

Lisa grabbed Rosé’s arm. “Hey, don’t say things like that.”

 

“Why not!?”

 

Lisa then whispered at Rosé’s ear. “What if your premonition turns out wrong? What if it turns out to be nothing more than a nightmare?”

 

“…” Rosé kept quiet for a moment. “I’m betting my life on it.”

 

“I usually don’t trust outsiders that much but for some reason, you turned out to be really convincing… Chaeyoung and Lisa was it? We have a deal. I will go back to the headquarters to find out the truth for myself. Then we’ll meet here again tomorrow. If whatever you told me turned out to be lies or if you guys didn’t turn up, trust me, I WILL hunt you both down till the day this world ends…”

 

“Deal.” Rosé smiled and held out her hand to shake Jennie’s.

 

Jennie smacked Rosé’s hand away instead. “Don’t get too comfortable with me. You’re still a target in my eyes. I’m not believing you just yet. I’m just hearing you out for now.”

 

Rosé shrugged. “Alright but just as an advice, you better be more careful when you try to dig out the truth behind the World Government’s actions. Truthfully, I think you’re a nice person, Jennie… But the leader of the World Government on the other hand is famous for not being nice. She’s not known as ‘the baddest female’ for nothing. Good luck.”

 

CHAPTER 1 : Captain Jennie

END