Chapter 12 : Bond

The Legend of Black Pink

CHAPTER 12 : Bond

 

Jisoo peeked at the direction of the World Government headquarters from within the bushes. “There are a lot of security cameras and soldiers scouting the entire area… I have to figure out a way to sneak into the building.”

 

In this situation, flying definitely wasn’t an option so Jisoo slowly crawled within the tall grass to avoid being sighted. As she approached the gate, she saw two soldiers guarding there, so she decided to lure the guards away from the place by throwing a rock to a nearby boulder. *TOK*

 

Alerted by the sound, both the soldiers walked towards the tall grass to check the sound out. As they stood in front of the large boulder, Jisoo quickly used her magic power to slam both their faces on the boulder hard, knocking them out before they could even react. “That was easy.”

 

She then continued crawling within the tall grasses and taking out the soldiers silently one by one until there was only one soldier left. Jisoo aimed her palm at the soldier, halting his movements completely. She then slowly came out of hiding and stood in front of him and smirked. All he could do was just stare back at Jisoo helplessly. He couldn’t even open his jaw. “…”

 

“Ohohoho… This is what you get for helping the World Government!” Jisoo pulled her fist back and released it on the soldier’s face. As the fist connected to his face, nothing happened. Who was she trying to kid? She had only the strength of a regular girl and the soldier was about twice her size. Her hand felt pain instead. “Ouch! What are you made out of!?” She then swung her hand to the side with her magic powers, causing the soldier to slam onto the boulder unconscious instead. “God, how does Jennie fight against these people without even using magic?”

 

“Alright… Now, it’s time to take out the security cameras.” Jisoo aimed her palms at the security camera’s direction as they got crushed by themselves. “Now time to invade the building.”

 

As soon as she said that, a green flying blade flew towards her direction. “Wow!!” Jisoo quickly flew out of the way to dodge the green aura slash. It flew past her and sliced through everything in its path. If she was one second late to react, she would have been sliced in two already. “That was really close…”

 

“You’ve got guts coming into the World Government headquarters when you’re a wanted person.” Minzy stood at a distance and told. “This makes this a whole lot easier for me…”

 

“I’m here to stop you people from unleashing the super weapon in the city!” Jisoo raised her voice.

 

Minzy frowned. “News really do spread fast, don’t they? It doesn’t matter… You won’t leave this place alive anyway.” Minzy channelled a green aura into her sword and fired yet another flying blade at Jisoo’s direction.

 

“Let’s see if you can slice through this!” Jisoo aimed her palm at the shockwave’s direction and fired a powerful magical blast. To her surprise, Minzy’s green blade sliced right through the magical blast, causing her to dodge to the side. “Apparently, you can!”

 

Minzy looked left and right. “You’re alone…”

 

“So what!?”

 

“Big mistake.” Minzy launched herself towards Jisoo in an incredible speed.

 

Jisoo attempted to lock Minzy in place but failed miserably as she couldn’t get a good aim at Minzy at all. Minzy knew that Jisoo was going to use her psychic lock on her so she moved in an unpredicted manner. “Damn it! I can’t even read her movements!”

 

Before she knew it, Minzy was already a few feet away from Jisoo. Minzy channeled a green aura into her sword and swung it at Jisoo’s direction. Jisoo quickly flew out of the way to dodge it but this blade was different. It followed Jisoo up to the sky. “What!? Not this again!?” Jisoo experienced this before when she first saved Lisa from Minzy. The flying blade was fast enough to even catch up to Jisoo’s flying speed. If it wasn’t for Lisa that time, Jisoo would have been in danger. This time, nobody was around to save her.

 

Jisoo was forced to fly off with her top speed with the flying blade still catching up to her. Every few seconds, Jisoo would look back and attempted to destroy the flying blade away with her magic blast but to no avail. It could easily slice through magic attacks as the Green Orchid Crystal suggested. “Damn it, what do I do!?”

 

“Wait… I got an idea…” Jisoo then made a sharp U-turn, the blade slicing a few strands of her hair before making a sharp turn and following her once again.

 

“???” Minzy frowned. She saw Jisoo flying directly at her. “What!?”

 

“If I can’t lose it then I’ll just bring it back to you!” Jisoo flew towards Minzy at her top speed and attempted to use her own attack against her.

 

Minzy had no choice but to release another flying blade towards Jisoo again. Now Jisoo has a flying blade following behind her and one flying towards her from the front. Jisoo smirked. She knew Minzy would do this. She saw through her movements completely. As the front blade almost reached her face, she took a sharp dive, causing the two blades to clash and destroyed each other.

 

For once, she was able to outsmart Minzy but the latter wasn’t bothered at all. Minzy then rushed towards Jisoo once again. Only this time, she doesn’t fire any flying blades. She merely coated her sword with her sharp green aura and attempted to cut Jisoo down with a slash. “If flying blades doesn’t work on you then I’ll cut you down the traditional way.”

 

Once again, Jisoo wasn’t able to stop Minzy from getting closer, so she flew high up in the sky to keep a distance. Seeing Jisoo fly high up in the sky put a smirk on Minzy’s face. “Girl… Did you forget that higher you are, the stronger the wind?”

 

“!!!” All of a sudden, a gust of wind blew at Jisoo so hard, it threw her off balance from the sky. “Wow!!!”

 

“The Green Orchid Crystal has the power to utilize wind! An amateur like you should learn that before you fight against me!” Minzy launched herself from the ground and pointed the tip of her sword at Jisoo’s direction.

 

Jisoo saw that attack coming from a mile away but she could do nothing about it since she was thrown off balance by the gust of wind. So Jisoo desperately spun herself around. Minzy couldn’t move freely in the air so all Jisoo needed to do was to get out of the way so that Minzy couldn’t land a blow on her. Spinning herself like that did have an effect. Jisoo managed to get out of Minzy’s range but the tip of her sword grazed her right arm. “Argh!!” The pain caused Jisoo to fall onto the ground while grabbing her wound in pain.

 

When Minzy landed, she smirked. “It hurts more than a usual cut, doesn’t it? It’s coated with the Green Orchid Crystal’s aura, making it sharper than blade itself. A tiny scratch from it would be enough to cause a deep wound.”

 

“Ugh…” Jisoo was in a lot of pain. Her arm was bleeding a lot from the tiny scratch.

 

“What were you thinking coming over here without any reinforcements?” Minzy chuckled. “Time to die.”

 

As Minzy was about to land the final blow on Jisoo, she suddenly felt herself not being able to move. “!!!!”

 

“You were so confident in landing a hit on me that you didn’t even realize that I have already locked you in place.” Jisoo chuckled with one hand aimed at Minzy’s direction.

 

“I may not have much battle experience as you do but at least I don’t underestimate my opponents till the point where I let my guard down. That…is your mistake.” Jisoo slowly stood up and charged a magic blast from her injured hand.

 

“Why you!!!” Minzy’s entire body was literally shaking, trying to break free from the psychic lock but to no avail.

 

“The one who will be going down today is you, Minzy.” Jisoo aimed her charged magic blast and aimed it at Minzy. As Jisoo was about to fire, the charged magic blast on her palm slowly dispersed. “W-What!?” Jisoo couldn’t move at all. This time it was Jisoo who felt her movements being restrained, causing her magic powers on Minzy to wear off immediately.

 

From the corner of her eyes, she could see Dara aiming her palm at her from a distance. “Damn it!!” She was caught off guard.

 

Minzy cracked her neck and smirked. “Tsk tsk tsk tsk… What a horrible ending for you… Did you actually think that you could come in here, cause a ruckus and then leave unscathed? Now die.” Minzy then leaped towards Jisoo with an incredible speed and swung her sword down at her.

 

“No!” Jisoo shut her eyes hard at the sight of Minzy’s sword inches away from her face.

 

*CLANG!!!!!!!*

 

“!!!!” Minzy was most definitely surprised to see her sword was stopped by yet another sword.

 

Jisoo opened her eyes slowly as her face brightened up at the sight of Lisa defending against Minzy’s attack. “Lisa, you came!!”

 

“You were way too reckless, Jisoo!” Lisa exclaimed as she knocked Minzy out of the way.

 

Jennie leaped out from the woods and released a double fist slam at where Dara was standing, causing her to fly away and released Jisoo from her psychic lock. The ground broke open from the impact. “We just needed some time to think about what you told us, Jisoo. From now on, we stand together, we die together.”

 

“Oh, Jisoo… You know we couldn’t leave you alone…” Rosé who also came along went over and healed Jisoo’s injured arm.

 

Seeing her friends come for her even though they were doubtful brought tears to her eyes. “You guys are the best…”

 

“There’s no time to be emotional right now. If what you told us is true, then let’s tear this place down!” Jennie exclaimed as the four of them stood side by side.

 

Jisoo felt a surge of power running through her body as she looked at her own hands. “I feel it… So this is the bond of the BlackPink Crystals. I can feel its power flowing in me…”

 

“Let’s go!” Jennie shouted as the four of them ran towards the World Government building.

 

“Not so fast!!” Dara aimed her palm at the four of them and attempted to hold them in place using her psychic lock.

 

“Spread out!!” Jennie called out. As an ex captain of the World Government, Jennie has the ability to learn from her past battles and create a strategy to counter them. By spreading out, Dara couldn’t lock all four of them at the same time.

 

While she was caught off guard, Jisoo fired a magical blast at Dara’s direction, causing her to dodge to the side and missed her opportunity to use her powers. “You’re not stopping any of them, Dara…”

 

“…” Dara merely glared back at Jisoo.

 

As Jisoo was keeping Dara busy, the remaining three continued making their way into the building. That was when Minzy intercepted them and fired a barrage of green flying blades at them, causing them to spread out to dodge them. Lisa then engulfed her sword with her black aura and leaped towards Minzy to deliver a devastating strike. With her fast reaction, Minzy was able to channel her aura into her sword to block Lisa’s attack. Lisa then screamed. “I’ll keep her busy! Go!!”

 

With that, Rosé and Jennie kept on moving forward. All of a sudden, Rosé stopped in her tracks. Jennie too stopped and called out. “Chaeyoung, what are you doing!? Let’s go!!”

 

“…” Rosé seemed like she was spacing out, while staring at the building with agape. Her mind was void of any image and sound before her. She started seeing an image that she had never seen before.

 

 

 

“Lisa!!!” Rosé’s body started floating and getting into a black hole with an incredible force.

 

“Chaeyoung, hold on!!” Lisa immediately threw her entire body towards her and grabbed Chaeyoung’s wrist hard. Lisa felt both her feet sliding closer towards the black hole. She couldn’t overpower the immense force from the black hole.

 

Just as Lisa’s feet was lifted up, that was when Jennie hopped in and grabbed onto Lisa’s hand. “Don’t let go!!” Even with her super strength, Jennie proved to be no match for the gravity force from the black hole as well. As soon as her feet was lifted up, their bodies were thrown towards the black hole in an incredible speed.

 

That was before Jisoo flew in and grabbed Jennie’s hands. “Argh!!” Jisoo was using her entire strength to pull them away from the black hole but to no avail. If only Jisoo had Jennie’s strength, she could have a better chance. She was slowly starting to lose strength. “I……can’t……hold……much longer!!!”

 

And then Jisoo lost her grip on Jennie. The four of them were thrown right into the black hole, not being able to resist the force at all. “WOOAAAHHH!!!!!!!” Their bodies kept on spinning and spinning into the darkness of the abyss where no light was present.

 

 

 

“Chaeyoung!” Jennie grabbed Rosé’s wrist, bringing her back to her senses.

 

“There really is a super weapon…” Rosé mumbled had cold sweat rolling down her face. She then grabbed Jennie’s hands in fear. “It’s a black hole, Jennie…”

 

“What?” Jennie frowned.

 

“The super weapon! It’s a black hole!!!” Rosé cried out while grabbing tightly onto Jennie’s hands.

 

Jennie’s eyes widened in shock. “A black hole!?”

 

“I just had a premonition, Jennie! All of us will be into a black hole! Everything will be gone!”

 

“Then we gotta go, FAST!!” Jennie and Rosé then continued making their way towards the building. “CL doesn’t know what she’s dealing with here!”

 

Just then, the door opened to reveal a troop of fully armed soldiers, running out. Upon seeing that, Rosé immediately released a huge shield at the entrance door, blocking the soldiers from exiting. They kept on hitting and shooting the shield but to no avail. “We can’t enter through the main door definitely. So what now?”

 

Jennie then looked up and held her hand out to Rosé. “Give me your hand.”

 

“Huh? Why?” Rosé placed her hand on Jennie’s hand. Jennie then gripped on it hard and catapulted her high up to the sky with her strength, her body flying above the roof. “JENNNNIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

Jennie then kicked the ground hard and launched herself high up and landed on the roof of the building. As Rosé fell with a scream, Jennie managed to catch her bridal style and place her safely on the roof of the building. She was still shaking from Jennie’s sudden action. Jennie immediately took off towards the roof entrance. “Let’s go! We can’t waste any time!”

 

Rosé stood back up and followed. “Jennie, if we ever get out of this alive, I’m going to kill you!”

 

*CLANG!*

 

Minzy and Lisa continued traded blows with their swords. Every single attack from Lisa was blocked easily by Minzy. She then found an opening and landed a strong headbutt on Lisa’s face, causing her to stumble back. Minzy smirked. “I see you’ve come to die, Lisa…”

 

“I have no intentions of dying, Minzy.” Lisa got into her pose. “Are you guys really creating a super weapon?”

 

“Why should I tell you anything? Since when have you ever listened to my reasoning?” Minzy asked.

 

“Don’t bring back the past, Minzy. You killed innocent people… I had to stop you!”

 

“Raising your voice at me, I see… Did you forget who saved you from the dumpster when you were bleeding profusely from your eyes? Did you forget who taught you how to fight without the help of your sight?” Minzy chuckled. “I was an imbecile I guess… I saved an ungrateful person.”

 

“If you still think what you did was right, then I have no more words with you, Minzy.” With that, Lisa pulled her blindfold right off her eyes as the black aura engulfed her whole body completely.

 

“Don’t worry… I will make it as painless as possible.” A dark green aura engulfed Minzy this time. “Come on!!”

 

Minzy and Lisa leaped towards one another and swung their swords. As their swords clashed, the ground broke open and the impact released a burst of powerful energy that flattened all the grass in the area. There were electric sparks released, and the sky was split in half. Lisa increased her strength and managed to overpower Minzy a little by pushing her back. “Grr!!!”

 

“!!!” Minzy was surprised by Lisa’s immense strength. “So this is your full power…”

 

“Trust me, if I were to use my full power, the fight would have ended already. I can’t draw out my full power anymore… It’s too dangerous.” Lisa told.

 

“So, in other words, this is the extent of power you have for now.” Minzy suddenly smirked as the green aura on her body became more concentrated.

 

“!!!!!!!” Slowly, Lisa’s feet started sliding back. Not wanting to give up, Lisa screamed and released more energy and pushed Minzy back once again.

 

“Ho… You have a lot of energy to spare I see… More than me, it seems…” Minzy then knocked Lisa’s sword out of the way and spun around to deliver a counter attack with her sword.

 

“!!!” Lisa managed to dodge Minzy’s sword attack, only in a hair’s breath despite being able to see her movements clearly with her eyes. Minzy’s swordsman skills had surpassed Lisa by a huge gap thanks to her experience as a captain of an army.

 

“What’s the matter, Lisa? You can use your eyes to see at this state, don’t you?” Minzy smirked. “How did you not see that attack coming?”

 

“…” Lisa remained silent and concentrated on blocking Minzy’s attack.

 

Minzy smirked. “Let me tell you why. You relied too much on your senses other than your eyes to fight, Lisa. You may have gained incredible powers from your Black Rose Crystal, but when you open your eyes, your other senses slowed down. You may be stronger than me but you can’t catch on to my sword speed at this state.”

 

With that, Minzy started a barrage of sword attacks that was so fast, Lisa had to take a step back for every successful block. “Ugh!!”

 

Lisa couldn’t believe that she was still being suppressed so much despite releasing so much power from the Black Rose Crystal. She may not be able to use its full powers but she was at least using 70% of its powers already. Any more than that, Lisa would end up straining her body and dying again. Minzy’s attacks were powerful and fast. If Lisa were to make a single mistake, she could be killed in an instant. It seemed like Minzy’s attacking speed was slightly faster than Lisa’s defending speed. Minzy smirked. “What’s wrong, Lisa? You look suppressed.”

 

“I’m not!!” Lisa raised her voice.

 

“Oh you’re not?” Minzy increased her attacking speed this time and managed to land a few cuts on Lisa’s arm.

 

“Argh!!!!” Lisa fell on the ground and grabbed her arms in pain. The green aura really did extra damage to Lisa.

 

Both Lisa’s arms were trembling in pain despite her body being covered in her black aura. It just wasn’t enough to block against the Green Orchid Crystal’s slashing ability. Lisa attempted to reach for the sword that she dropped but was kicked away by Minzy. “Oops.”

 

Lisa was panting and trying to hold in the pain on her bleeding arms. “…”

 

“Like I told you this before, Lisa… You got lucky that time…” Minzy smirked and placed her sword on Lisa’s neck. “And you won’t be so lucky this time round…”

 

At the other corner of the headquarters, Jisoo and Dara were facing one another. “I gave you a chance to leave this city, and yet here you are asking for your own death…” Dara shook her head. “How disappointing… If I knew you’d be this stubborn, I might as well killed you off that time.”

 

“But you didn’t… I’m still curious about one thing… Why did you help me that time?” Jisoo questioned.

 

“I already told you the reason. It’s because you’re probably the only one who would listen to me. Apparently not…”

 

“That’s not it!” Jisoo raised her voice. “There’s more to it, I’m sure!”

 

“…” Dara reached her hand out towards Jisoo suddenly.

 

“???” Jisoo looked confused.

 

Just then, Dara aimed her palm at Jisoo and blasted her away with a powerful magic blast, slamming onto a tree hard. With a cold tone in her voice, Dara spoke. “Did I come here to have a talk show with you?”

 

One strike from Dara caused Jisoo’s nose to start bleeding and her entire body aching. “Ugh…”

 

“I already told you that I will show no mercy the next time we meet. You thought I was joking? I will show you just how serious I am.” Dara opened her waist pouch as a few bullets started floating out of it. “You threw your only chance to survive away. Now I’m going to send you to the afterlife myself.”

 

As Dara shot the floating bullets towards Jisoo with her magic, the latter quickly raised her palm towards that direction and blasted all the bullets away. “You’ve killed many people… But somehow I couldn’t find myself to believe that you’re completely rotten to the core… You wouldn’t have warned me about the World Government’s plan if you were that bad.”

 

“Are you seriously trying to talk me out with mere words? Make me feel like a nice person to pull me to your side?” Dara questioned.

 

Jisoo explained. “That day when I met you… I felt something… Something between us… A sort of bond that I can’t explain. I have no idea why but I feel the need to help you.”

 

“Don’t make me laugh! You help me? For what!? I already have everything I want from CL… I don’t need your help in anything!”

 

“I still don’t understand how you can treat CL as your family!”

 

Dara’s ear twitched. She immediately shot another magic blast at Jisoo’s direction. “How dare you talk to me about family!? You’re the last person I want to hear that from!”

 

Jisoo immediately replied with a magic blast of her own. Both their magic blasts kept on trying to overpower one another. “You’re looking up to the wrong person, obviously!! She’s a bad person!”

 

“You only act like you know everything! What do you understand about me!? Just because you’ve been living a luxurious life with your family since the day you were born, it doesn’t give you the right to judge the choices I make in my life! I lost everything when I was a young girl because of YOU!!” Dara’s magical blast overpowered Jisoo as she was blasted towards a rock and got pinned up by her magic.

 

Jisoo groaned. “What are you talking about!? What have I ever done to you and your family!?”

 

“Why don’t you ask your worthless mother yourself!? Oh wait… She’s already dead… Serves her right!!”

 

“Don’t you dare mock my mother like that! You don’t even know her!!” Jisoo struggled a lot and tried to free herself from Dara’s magic lock.

 

Dara raised her brow. “I don’t know her?” She then chuckled. “I think it is YOU who doesn’t know her…”

 

“What are you trying to imply!?”

 

Dara scoffed. “Of course that woman never told you anything… If you knew, you would hate her for being such a vile person too…”

 

“HOW DARE YOU CALL MY MOTHER VILE!? MY MOTHER IS A GOOD PERSON!!!” Jisoo screamed.

 

“How dare I?” Dara increased her magical powers and blasted Jisoo past the rock and pinned her on another boulder. “HOW DARE YOU!!!”

 

Jisoo was already injured badly from Dara’s attack. “Ugh…”

 

“Let me educate you on some history, Jisoo… Your mother……was already married to another man when she first met your father…” Dara said while pinning Jisoo on the boulder.

 

Dara’s sentence shocked Jisoo badly. Her eyes widened. “W-What!?”

 

“They were a lovely couple and had a daughter before your father came along… Your mother had an affair with him and got pregnant with you. Then your mother left her husband and her daughter all for your father’s money…and also your sake…”

 

“No, it can’t be true! My mother isn’t like that!” Jisoo raised her voice.

 

“…” Dara grabbed both Jisoo’s hands and placed them on her temple. As soon as Dara did that, Jisoo saw a series of images coming from Dara’s mind.

 

“!!!!!!” Jisoo couldn’t believe what she saw in Dara’s mind at all. Her hands were shaking and her mind went blank as she stared back at Dara. “I-Impossible…”

 

“You wanted to understand that bond between us that you can’t explain, right?” With voice trembling in anger, Dara moved her face closer towards Jisoo’s. “Do you understand now? I…was that daughter she left… Your mother…was once my mother too.”

 

CHAPTER 12 : Bond

END