Chapter 4 : Double Trouble

The Legend of Black Pink

CHAPTER 4 : Double Trouble

 

“Leader, Jennie was spotted in the city near a restaurant. A few of our men were already pursuing her.” The soldier reported.

 

“So she’s still alive after all…” CL chuckled and shook her head. “She’s a tough one to take down, isn’t she? Was she with anybody?”

 

“Our men said that she escaped with another lady. We weren’t too sure about the lady’s identity because she isn’t in our database yet, but we managed to take a photo of her face and we’re working on it as we speak.”

 

“Good. Make sure you guys catch Jennie.”

 

“Yes leader!” The soldier saluted.

 

That time, one soldier came into the room and saluted. “Leader! The modifications for two of the four 2NE1 crystals were successful and had been tested out. They are ready to be used.”

 

“Which two?” CL asked.

 

“The Yellow Orchid Crystal and the Green Orchid Crystal.”

 

CL smirked. “Good. Are the other three captains here already?”

 

“Captain Minzy had just reported back into the headquarters, leader. The other 2 captains still haven’t arrived.”

 

“Ah… Perfect… Call her in.”

 

“There’s no need for that.” Said a random voice from the entrance. “I’m already here.” A lady with a long sword strapped onto her back walked into CL’s room and dropped a file on her table. “Long time no see, CL. How long has it been? A year? I heard what happened to Jennie. It was a dumb move by her. As the captain of the army in the headquarters, she should be the one showing a good example to the other 3 branch captains…”

 

“Minzy, that’s enough.” CL then pointed at the file that Minzy placed on her table. “What is this?”

 

Minzy pointed at the file. “This? This is a little present I got for you on the way here. You told me that this girl is holding onto a crystal that you need, right? I got rid of her and gave the crystal to the scientist to work on your thing.”

 

CL opened the file to reveal the picture of a blonde lady with bob hair and her name ‘Park Choa’. She then closed the file and nodded. “You never disappoint me, Minzy. With this crystal extracted from her, we can finally complete the experimentation on the two remaining 2NE1 Crystals…”

 

“So I heard you wanted to call me in. Who’s the target this time?” Minzy asked.

 

CL then took out two wanted posters from her drawers and showed it to Minzy. “We have three main targets as of now… All three of them holding onto the BlackPink Crystals. You should already know the first target is Jennie. The soldiers are already on her tail.”

 

Minzy then took a look at the second poster and saw Rosé and Lisa’s face. For some reason, Minzy’s eyes were locked onto Lisa’s face and started smirking. “I will get these two…”

 

CL then chuckled and stood up. “You’re not going alone, Minzy… I’m coming with you this time.”

 

Minzy looked back at CL and frowned. “You’re the leader, CL. You can leave this to me.”

 

“I know you’re trustworthy, Minzy… But there’s something I want to test out for myself…”

 

“Which is?”

 

CL brought Minzy into the lab. Once she opened the door, there were two accessories with a crystal on it inside separate test tubes. One was an earring glowing in yellow and the other was a ring glowing in green. “The World Government’s first ever man-made power crystals…”

 

Minzy was stunned. “What the… The crystals are glowing in a weird manner… Normal power crystals usually don’t glow like that.”

 

“Behold, the 2NE1 Crystals… The power crystals that can rival even a BlackPink Crystal…” CL removed the test tube with the ring and gave it to Minzy. “I will now grant you the Green Orchid Crystal, Minzy… Use it well.”

 

Minzy took the ring and slowly slid it into her finger. All of a sudden, she felt a surge of energy running inside her blood and the ring started glowing brightly. Her eyes turned green. “The Green Orchid Crystal… What kind of power does it have?”

 

“Why don’t you try it out yourself? Let’s just say… The ability granted by the Green Orchid suits you the most…” CL then removed the test tube with the earring and wore it on her right ear. It began shining brightly as well as her eyes turned yellow. “Let’s go for some hunting now, shall we?”

 

“How do we find them?”

 

CL smirked. “The 2NE1 Crystals are like trackers. They react to the BlackPink Crystals… It’ll be easy to find them.”

 

Jennie squatted by the river and started scooping the water from the river into to quench her thirst. “…”

 

Jisoo squinted her eyes at Jennie and looked at her in a slightly disgusted manner. “What are you doing?”

 

Jennie looked confused for a moment. “I’m drinking water. What do you think I’m doing?”

 

“Uhh, yeah but you’re drinking water from the river?” Jisoo asked in a confused manner.

 

Jennie was stunned. “Are you telling me that you have you never drank water from the river before?”

 

Jisoo shook her head. “No.”

 

“You should try it then.” Jennie called.

 

“Uhh… No.”

 

“You wanted adventure, so this is part of the adventure. Just try a sip. It is refreshing. It’s directly from the mountain above. I know you’re thirsty, Jisoo.”

 

“Still no.”

 

“Well then have fun quenching your thirst with your saliva.” Jennie told.

 

“...” Jisoo was really thirsty definitely, after being chased around by the soldiers. She wanted to drink water but at the same time, she felt insecure about drinking it from the river. She was in fact raised in a wealthy family. “Does it taste funny?”

 

Jennie rolled her eyes. “No. It is refreshing. Come here and try it.”

 

Jisoo slowly walked towards the river and squatted down beside Jennie. “So it’s refreshing?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Okay…” Jisoo scooped some water from the river with her bare hands. Just then, a fish swam across her hands. She immediately raised her hands and shot up. “That’s it. I’m done. I can die of thirst.”

 

Annoyed by Jisoo’s unwillingness to adapt to the wilderness, Jennie placed her foot out and tripped her. Jisoo did not see that coming at all. She kicked on Jennie’s foot and as she was about to fall into the river, she used her flying powers to halt herself from falling. Her body and face was literally an inch away from the water. “Ohohoho… You think you-”

 

Before Jisoo could get to finish her sentence, Jennie stepped on her back and watch her entire body submerge into the river with a splash. She immediately shot up. “KYAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! MY CLOTHES!!!!!”

 

“I’m letting you get a taste of nature so don’t try and resist it. See? The water is refreshing isn’t it?”

 

“It’s refreshing but that’s not the point here! WHAT THE HELL!? You don’t have to soak me up in the river like that!” Jisoo complained.

 

“Yeah? Oh right… That’s also for almost killing the both of us earlier on.” Jennie told. “I told you not to use your powers and yet, you still did.”

 

“Wow, not even a thank you?? I got us out of trouble, Jennie.” Jisoo placed her arms on her waist. “If it wasn’t for me, you’d have holes in you by now.”

 

“They were holding back their fire the entire time because you were there with me. They thought you were an innocent civilian. Right after you used your powers against them, they started firing their bullets at us without mercy. We would have had a better chance if you just kept your powers to yourself.”

 

“Oh right, so you soak me up as a revenge? And I thought I was childish!!” Jisoo said.

 

Jennie chuckled for a moment before reaching her hand out towards Jisoo. “Come let me help you up.”

 

“No! Get away!” Jisoo started sulking.

 

“Okay, I’m sorry. Come on~” Jennie insisted and her hand further.

 

“I said go away, Jennie!” Jisoo released a blue magical aura and hurled it towards Jennie. She tumbled back a little but still managed to hold her ground. She then smirked at Jisoo. “Looks like my powers are back… You’re gonna have to try much harder than that if you want to push me away now.”

 

“Ugh!!” Jisoo seemed incredibly frustrated.

 

“So are you gonna come out of the river or not?” Jennie’s hand was still stretched out.

 

“No!” Jisoo folded her arms and looked away. “Now that I’m already in the river, I kinda like it so I’m not gonna get out.”

 

“Aww… Somebody sulking?” Jennie teased.

 

That made Jisoo turn around completely. “I’m not sulking, Jennie!”

 

“Then why won’t you come out of the river?”

 

Jisoo then lowered her body into the river until it reaches her neck. “I told you I like it in here. It’s cooling and refreshing. I don’t wanna get out.”

 

“You sure you don’t wanna get out?” Jennie asked another time.

 

“No!” Jisoo looked away. “Not with you standing here!”

 

All of a sudden, a splashing sound was heard. The next second, Jennie lifted Jisoo up by the waist and placed her on her shoulder with Jisoo’s upper body dangling to the back of Jennie and lower body to the front. “If you’re not getting out of the river then I’ll carry you out myself.”

 

“Hey, what rights do you have to carry me like that!?” Jisoo smacked Jennie’s back continuously.

 

“You’re gonna catch a cold if you stay in the river for too long.”

 

“I said let me go!” Jisoo attempted to fly away but to no avail as Jennie was gripping onto her tightly.

 

After they got out of the river, Jennie placed Jisoo down gently. She noticed that Jisoo was shivering a little. “You’re cold, aren’t you?”

 

“No!” Jisoo raised her voice. Despite saying that, she was gritting her teeth.

 

“Now you’re just being stubborn…” Jennie then collected a few sticks, rocks and leaves and placed them in front of Jisoo. She piled up the leaves together and started rubbing the stick on the rock to start a fire. Within a minute, she managed to start one.

 

“Wow, you’re good in girl scout things…” Jisoo complimented.

 

Jennie stared at Jisoo for a moment before answering. “I was a soldier.”

 

Jisoo nodded. “So yeah. Girl scout things.”

 

“Give me your hand.” Jennie said.

 

Jisoo looked surprised. “Give you my hand? As if.”

 

Without saying another word, Jennie grabbed both Jisoo’s hands and started rubbing them gently. “…”

 

“...” Jisoo’s heart skipped a beat. Despite saying that she doesn’t want to give her hands to Jennie, she’s kinda starting to like it. So she sat there silently like a little girl as Jennie helped her warm up her hands.

 

“Are you feeling warmer now?” Jennie asked.

 

“Yeah, much better.”

 

Jennie took a mug and scooped some water from the river before passing it to Jisoo. “Here.”

 

“Thanks…” Jisoo took a sip of water and watched Jennie sit at the opposite side of the bonfire.

 

Just then, Jennie looked back at her. Jisoo immediately looked away. When Jennie looked away, Jisoo took another sip of water and rolled her eyes slowly back towards Jennie. From the corner of her eyes, Jennie noticed that Jisoo’s eyes were turning blue as she was looking at her. She immediately knew it. Jisoo was trying to look into her mind once again. This time, Jennie was one step ahead. She thought to herself and smirked. “You like looking into my mind, don’t you? I’ll give you ‘something’ to look at…”

 

 

Jisoo was leaning against the wall, panting hard. “W-What are you doing? S-Stop… You can’t do this…”

 

Jennie closed in towards Jisoo and whispered into her ear in a seductive way. “I can make you feel good……”

 

“N-No, you c-” Jisoo was immediately silenced with a very passionate kiss by Jennie. “Mmm…”

 

Jennie placed her arms around Jisoo’s waist and pulled her closer, her hands slowly caressing Jisoo’s back. “…”

 

Jisoo did smack Jennie’s shoulder a few times before it got weaker and finally placed her arms around Jennie’s neck. “…”

 

Jennie moved her hand up from Jisoo’s waist slowly and gently, earning a soft moan from the latter. “Mm…”

 

 

Jisoo immediately spit out every single drop of water that was in in extreme shock from what she saw in Jennie’s mind. Her face was completely red in color and immediately shot up. She pointed at Jennie and started stuttering. Even her fingers were trembling. Her heart was beating miles. “Y-YOU!!!! W-WHAT ARE YOU T-THINKING AB-BOUT!?!?!?!?!?”

 

Jennie raised her brow in a calm manner. “Hmm? What are you talking about?”

 

Jisoo can’t shake this embarrassment off her at all. Her face was still red still couldn’t stop stuttering. “Y-You!!! You ert!!!! Sicko!!!”

 

“Calm down. What the hell is wrong with you?” Jennie acted dumb and stood up. “Are you okay?” she then walked closer towards Jisoo.

 

Being already embarrassed, Jisoo took a step back and warned. “D-D-D-D-Don’t c-c-c-come any closer!!!”

 

“Hey calm down. What are you on about?” Jennie got closer and asked.

 

“Y-You know what I’m talking about! You filthy person!!” Jisoo raised her voice.

 

“Ahh…” Jennie finally smirked and moved her lips really close to Jisoo’s ear and whispered in a seductive tone. “You like it too, don’t you?”

 

Jisoo immediately flinched away and began stuttering like a mad woman. She couldn’t even think properly right now. “Y-You- I- We- NO!! I mean- Why!? This is- I don’t- You are-”

 

“Don’t like what you see?” Jennie intercepted and then grabbed Jisoo’s chin and pulled her head closer. “Then stop reading my mind from now on. Got it?”

 

“...” Jisoo merely kept quiet and nodded gently.

 

“Done.” Jennie smirked with satisfaction and walked away.

 

Jisoo was left standing there with her head down. Her face was still red and her heart couldn’t stop beating quickly. She patted her own face to snap out of it but she doesn’t seem to be able to get rid of what she saw earlier on. She couldn’t stop thinking about it. It really did disturb her a lot. “…”

 

Jennie then looked back at Jisoo. “What are you standing there for? It’s late already. Let’s go to sleep.” She laid down a pile of leaves on the ground and laid down on it.

 

Jisoo slowly walked towards Jennie and laid down beside her. “…”

 

Jennie was fast asleep. Jisoo laid there and kept on staring at Jennie’s face. As soon as her eyes were locked onto Jennie’s lips, her face became red once again. Her mind began running wild from the scene she saw in Jennie’s mind. She immediately rolled around and ruffled her hair in frustration. “Argh! Stop thinking about dirty stuff, brain! What is wrong with you!?” She then took a deep breath and calmed down. “No, I’m not thinking about dirty stuff…”

 

As Jisoo rolled herself back towards Jennie’s direction, she was greeted by a smirk. “So you were thinking about dirty stuff…”

 

There goes Jisoo’s face once again. “N-No I wasn’t!”

 

“It’s ok. I understand…” Jennie then turned away and faced the other side. “I’ll sleep this way so you don’t have to look at my lips, okay?”

 

“...” Jisoo remained speechless. She tried to sleep but her mind kept on fantasizing about how Jennie was holding her, caressing and kissing her. It might have started off as a shock for Jisoo but the more she thought about it, the more she got hooked into it.

 

“Are you still thinking dirty stuff?” Jennie suddenly voiced out with her back facing Jisoo.

 

“H-Huh? N-No! Of course not!” Jisoo stuttered.

 

“Tell me this is going to be in your book too.” Jennie said.

 

“The hell it is! None of these will be written in the book! It’s embarrassing!”

 

“So you know it’s embarrassing. Then you should go to sleep. Good night.”

 

“...” Jisoo sighed and finally shook the embarrassing thoughts off her mind. “Night…”

 

In the blink of an eye, it was already morning. By the time Jennie opened her eyes, it was already bright. Jisoo was still fast asleep and was curled up like a little hamster. She was wearing a slight frowny face while sleeping which Jennie thought was cute. Perhaps she was feeling cold and didn’t have enough sleep, that’s why she was all curled up and frowning. Jennie then snapped a leaf from a nearby palm tree and placed it on top of Jisoo. Leaving Jisoo to get more rest, Jennie stretched herself and washed her face in the river. Then, she felt a tingling sensation. Goosebumps crawled onto her skin. “What the…” Her earring started glowing. “This feeling…”

 

 

Somewhere in the jungle

 

“How long more till we reach the city, Chaeyoung?” Lisa asked.

 

“Well, uhm… Would you like to hear the truth or the lie?” Rosé asked.

 

It was definitely a dumb question so Lisa frowned. “Why the heck would I want to hear a lie? Tell me the truth.”

 

“You see…” Rosé paused for a moment. “I think we’re lost, like in the woods…”

 

“Are you serious?” Lisa asked.

 

“I wish I was lying, Lisa. ”

 

“What do you see around you?” Lisa asked.

 

“Uhm… Trees?”

 

“Damn it, Chaeyoung… I trusted your directions and followed you all the way, and all you can tell me is ‘trees’? Did you follow the path that I marked?”

 

Rosé blinked her eyes a few times. “Marks?”

 

Lisa then placed her palm on her forehead. “Chaeyoung, I marked the tree trunks with a rock as we were passing by earlier on. All we needed to do was just follow the marks and we’ll get back to the city. Just how far have you diverted?”

 

“Hey, don’t blame me. We were running away from soldiers. I had no time to look for marks on trees, Lisa.”

 

“I should have trusted my own instinct.” Lisa shook her head.

 

“Oh, now you’re putting the entire blame on me? That’s real nice of you, Lisa.” Rosé felt unfair.

 

“Look, what I’m trying to say is this… I’m blind, Chaeyoung. And I depend on you entirely as my eyes. You’re supposed to be guiding me. Not diverting me away.”

 

Rosé then got mad. “Oh really? If you think I’m useless then why don’t you go back to the city yourself then!?”

 

Lisa stood there calmly. “You actually think I wouldn’t go back to the city by myself?”

 

“Go then.” Rosé sulked. “You don’t want me to help you anyway.”

 

“Okay.” Lisa then unstrapped her sword from her waist and began walking away by tapping onto the tree trunks.

 

“You’re really leaving?” Rosé called out suddenly.

 

“Yes, I am. Bye, Chaeyoung.” Lisa waved and left the vicinity.

 

“Fine!! Just go! Just let me get eaten by the tigers here!!” Rosé shouted.

 

“...” There was no respond.

 

“I said I’m going to get eaten by tigers, Lisa!!!!” Rosé screamed once again.

 

“...” Again, there was no respond.

 

Rosé immediately ran towards Lisa’s direction and regretted everything she said. “Lisa, please come back! I’m sorry! I’m afraid to be in the jungle all by myself!”

 

“...” Lisa was nowhere to be seen. Only the rustling sound of the trees could be heard.

 

Rosé suddenly felt goosebumps on her skin as if someone was stalking her. “Hello? Anyone there?”

 

“...”

 

“Any-”

 

Just then, Lisa hung upside down from the tree above and scared Rosé. “BOO!!”

 

“KYAAAAAA!!!!!!” Rosé lost strength in both her legs and fell onto the ground. She was literally in tears. “Don’t do that!! You scared me to death!”

 

Lisa then came down and wiped the tears off Rosé’s face. “I’m sorry. I was just playing with you. Despite saying all that, you know I still need you, right?”

 

Rosé smacked Lisa on her shoulder. “Do NOT do that ever again or I will not forgive you.”

 

“Got it.” Lisa chuckled. “By, the way, I found the path.”

 

“Really?” Rosé was surprised.

 

“You see this tree right here?” Lisa moved her fingers on the trunk and stopped as soon as she felt a small bump. “Here. There’s a mark on the tree. I marked it earlier with a rock.”

 

Rosé closed in to take a look. “You’re right, Lisa. There really is a mark.” She then frowned. “But… Are you sure you made the mark with a rock? Coz this doesn’t seem like a mark from a rock.”

 

“...” Lisa frowned as well. She then traced her finger on the mark. “A sword mark… Why is there a sword mark here?”

 

“I don’t know about that, but I think I know the source…” Rosé looked upon a few trees laying on the ground, cleanly sliced off from the trunk.

 

“Let’s head to that direction.” Lisa told as they followed the fallen trees.

 

To their surprise, they finally got out of the forest and into a huge field. “Hey, we’re out of the forest already, Lisa.”

 

“...” Lisa stopped on her tracks.

 

Seeing Lisa stop made Rosé stop too. “Lisa, what’s w-”

 

Lisa immediately raised her hand to silence Rosé. “…”

 

“...” Not seeing anything, Rosé whispered. “What’s going on, Lisa?”

 

“...” Lisa was ignoring Rosé while still in the same pose.

 

*WHOOSH*

 

Lisa immediately kicked Rosé away and hopped back herself. At the same time, a huge invisible slash sliced open the ground at where both of them were standing earlier on. Both of them fell on the ground with a thud. A lady in black leather clothing was seen dashing towards them with an unsheathed sword. Lisa was alerted. “A swordsman…”

 

The lady in black then hopped past Rosé and aimed straight for Lisa as if she had no interest in Rosé at all. She swung her sword at Lisa and the latter unsheathed her sword to block the strike. The attacker was none other than the World Government best swordsman, Captain Minzy. The blow was really heavy as Lisa was struggling to defend against it. “Ugh…”

 

Lisa deflected the strike and rolled out of the way. Minzy’s slashes didn’t slow down at all. She kept on putting the pressure on Lisa.

 

“Lisa!!” Rosé called out.

 

“Roseanne Park Chaeyoung…” A voice called out to her.

 

Rosé turned back and saw CL walking towards her in a slow manner. “You… You’re the leader of the World Government, aren’t you?”

 

“Usually people just call me CL…” CL smirked. “You’re from Australia aren’t you? It’s pretty fascinating how the White Rose ended up in your hands and you ended up here. Lalisa Manoban… The blind girl from Thailand who coincidentally got the Black Rose and ended up here too. Jennie Kim…was sent in from New Zealand to be a captain in the headquarters here and was granted with the Red Rose…” CL then tapped her forehead. “What’s that word again?”

 

“Destiny.” Rosé answered.

 

“Ah yes… Destiny.” CL nodded. “You saw this coming already, didn’t you? That the four BlackPink Crystals will eventually come back as one. That’s your power isn’t it? The power to see the future.”

 

“...” Rosé merely remained silent.

 

“So tell me, Rosé… What happens to the World Government in the future?” CL asked with a tone full of pride.

 

“You’re going down in flames.” It didn’t even take Rosé a second to respond. “It’s just a matter of time.”

 

“And I suppose it will be in the hands of the BlackPink Crystal holders?”

 

“...” Once again, Rosé remained silent.

 

“So, if one of you were to die now, the so-called destiny or premonition you had would be nothing more than a dream, am I right?” CL said slowly as her earring started glowing in yellow.

 

“What are you on about?” CL’s sentence literally sent chills down her Rosé’s spine. She took a step back.

 

CL slowly walked towards Rosé. “I’m actually curious about how accurate your premonitions are…”

 

“Stop right there, I’m warning you.” Rosé warned. “You know what powers the White Rose are capable of so whatever you try will be futile.”

 

It was as if CL didn’t hear that at all. She continued walking towards Rosé. “You think so?”

 

“I know so. Stay back.” Rosé took a step back.

 

That time, Lisa who was fending off Minzy didn’t notice that she was stepping towards the edge of the hill. Another sword strike from Minzy caused Lisa to lose her footing and rolled down the hill. “!!!!”

 

Minzy pursued her by sliding down the hill as well. “…”

 

“Lisa!!!” Rosé called out.

 

“Looking away in a fight?” A smirk then crawled onto CL’s lips. She launched herself towards Rosé in an incredible speed and pulled her arm back.

 

“!!!” Rosé channeled the white aura from her necklace to her hands and summoned a shield in front of her. As expected, CL’s fist stopped upon contact with Rosé’s shield. It was a really strong punch nevertheless. Rosé breathe a huge sigh of relief. She almost thought CL had a way to break through the shield. “Please stop. Why are you doing this?”

 

“I don’t trust you and your crappy premonition. In the end, it is always the stronger species that will survive this unforgiving world… I will be the one who will rule the world…” CL’s earring started glowing brightly.

 

“!!!” The glow stunned Rosé for a moment. “What is that…”

 

CL clenched her fist tightly and released another punch on Rosé’s shield. With that, the shield exploded into pieces as if somebody placed a bomb there. The impact caused Rosé to fly a few feet away. “ARGH!!!” Rosé was definitely surprised by CL’s devastating punch. “H-How is this possible!? The strength…”

 

CL wasn’t even giving Rosé a chance to take a break. Just as Rosé was about to catch a breath, CL was already up in the air, raising both her fists and aiming for her. Noticing that, she immediately rolled away. CL slammed both her fists on the ground, creating a huge crater that blew Rosé away despite already dodging it. Once again, she went straight for Rosé.

 

“!!!!” Rosé started panicking. She summoned another shield in front of her.

 

CL merely smirked. “You think holding onto the White Rose will give you absolute defense?” She released another punch that broke through Rosé’s shield. “You have absolutely no clue at all how to use its full powers.”

 

“!!!!” The impact caused Rosé to tumble onto the ground this time. She was in danger. Not wanting to get herself killed, Rosé started crawling backwards and desperately summoned one shield after another and yet, it kept on getting smashed into bits by CL’s monstrous strength. “ …”

 

Slowly, CL’s fist got closer and closer. Finally, CL got too close to Rosé. Time slowed down with a horrified expression carved on Rosé’s face. “You don’t deserve this power… It belongs to the World Government… Now die.” She pulled her fist back and launched it at Rosé’s face with all her strength.

 

It was over for Rosé. She had no time to summon another shield nor could she widen the gap between her and CL. “No!” Rosé held both her hands up to cover her face.

 

CL’s fist suddenly came to a complete halt an inch away from Rosé’s face, releasing a strong air pressure from the sudden halt. “!!!”

 

There was a hand grabbing onto CL’s wrist tightly. She was definitely surprised that someone could actually catch her incredibly heavy fist with bare hands. “What the-”

 

Rosé slowly removed her hands from her face and brightened up from her savior. “You came back!!!”

 

CL looked at the owner of the hand and it turned out to be none other than the ex captain of the World Government, Jennie. She was gripping onto CL’s wrist tightly while staring back at her in an unamused expression. “Be careful where you land that punch, CL.” She then moved CL’s fist away from Rosé’s face and landed a powerful punch on her face that sent her flying back a few meters away.

 

“Ugh…” CL got back on her feet almost immediately and glared back at Jennie.

 

“Stay back, Chaeyoung.” Jennie tightened her combat gloves and looked down at CL. “I’ve got some unfinished business with her.”

 

On the bottom of the hill, Lisa lifted herself up slowly and brushed the dust off her body. She was immediately greeted by an invisible slash which sliced through the ground after she dodged it successfully. Only then, Lisa understood what kind of attack is that. “Wind… This person is holding onto a crystal with the power of wind… But it’s abnormal. It’s way too fast and powerful.”

 

Lisa gripped onto her sword tightly and got into her fighting pose. She became more alert of the surroundings, silencing every sound there is except for whatever is moving. “…”

 

*WHOOSH*

 

“There it is!” Lisa leaped away as a green wind blade flew past her and sliced off a few strands of her hair.

 

Minzy then shot a barrage of wind blades at Lisa’s direction. Lisa tried to deflect every single one of the green wind blades flying at her direction continuously. *CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG*

 

Knowing that she couldn’t defend forever, Lisa decided to go offensive. Dodging the few flying blades, she channeled the black aura from her ring into her sword and swung it at the direction of where the wind blades are coming from. “Take this!!” The slash created a huge and black shockwave that destroyed all the wind blades flying towards her.

 

The wind blades stopped. Lisa’s ears suddenly twitched. She heard someone closing in towards her. Releasing a sharp whistle from her lips, she ‘saw’ a long object ing right towards her face and immediately hopped out of the way and swung her sword in that direction. “CLANG!!!”

 

Their sword clashed. The impact was so strong that it released a burst of air pressure around them. Even the ground beneath their feet started to crack. “!!!”

 

Minzy smirked and knocked Lisa’s sword away. She then started a flurry of slashes that got blocked by Lisa successfully. Minzy’s sword slashes were incredibly quick. Despite being able to block every single one of the slashes, Lisa was actually taking a step back after every block. Minzy’s slashes proved to be a little too quick even for Lisa’s mastery in swords. Lisa then hopped back a few feet to gain some distance. “You’re a really good swordsman… It’s been a long time since I last felt this much pressure in a sword fight…”

 

Minzy finally opened . “It’s been a long time indeed…”

 

“!!!!!!!!” Hearing Minzy’s voice finally, Lisa’s ear twitched and slowly lowered her sword. “This voice… It can’t be-”

 

Minzy smiled. “You grew up to be pretty strong…Lisa.”

 

CHAPTER 4 : Double Trouble

END